Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN's love affair with T.O. and Dallas

macnoke03

I am so tired of hearing/reading ESPN all over TO and the Cowboys. Every freakin day on SportsCenter its all about the Cowboys and Parcells/Owens. Now they have that cover page on ESPN.com about Owens. I have lost all respect for ESPN. Talk about kicking a deadhorse. I even seem to recall a poll they did online...something along the lines of who should just shutup/who do you wish would go away and the overwhelming response was Owens. :mad:

I thought it was funny last year when they aired the interviews of Payton and Ray Lewis about all the media coverage and ESPN tried to spin it like it was all TO's fault they were covering him. Mediots.

Its all ratings and the Jerry Springer producer they have forgets why they are in existence.

I have lost all respect for ESPN.

You had respect for ESPN...shame on you!

This is what they do...this is all they do. They will latch on to a story that has a high probability of becoming sensational. They will continue to create news where there is none at this time up until that point where the situation itself will become the story they have been nurturing all along. ESPN is the classic firestarter of the sensational...and nothing more. :doh:

TO is an attention whore, not a quality to aspire to, but like they say, if you're going to do something, you might as well be the best at it, and he is that (that goes for being a WR as well).

It's humorus and yet sad that he can dictate the top story of any sports program in the nation at his whim.

Its ridiculous. I can see why it happens, the cowboys have more fans than any other team, more fans mean more ratings, but even cowboys fans are tired of the whole TO thing.

Get used to it--it ain't going away...the entire season, every twitch, every look, every blink will be analyzed and scrutinized and the media, whether it exists or not, will try to create conflict...and unfortunately, for your team, T.O. can't play without the spotlight, so it's going to be a constant story, and imho, that's how a locker room get split, because his teamates will just begin to resent all the attention he gets.

Ironic that you would start the 5,000,000th TO thread considering how sick of him you are. Either way, its gotta be tough to be a cowboys fan nowadays. Can't get info on anything but whether or not TO had his eggs sunny side up or over easy.

thanks for the smart*** remark :rolleyes: . Why does everybody always have to make comments like that to try to make themselves look cool

I know you dont like all the attention but look at it this way...all this attention will continue to make the atmosphere around the Cowboys a media circus. No matter how Boys fans want to spin it, it will be a distraction. Meanwhile, the Redskins will quietly be putting together a finely tuned powerhouse. Having no media attention on the Skins will also breed a healthy feeling of disrespect by the players. So, let the Brokeback nation have their headlines now, it is just the begining of the soap opera that will be the Dallas Cowboys this season.

Don't you remember last season when he was suspended?

ESPN loves TO because he boosts ratings. Also, it's a good thing for us because eventually it's going to help Dallas downfall. I say keep the great TO coverage coming, ESPN. I love it.

Sportscenter or extreme skins... which one .. what again? :(

Right, cause there are so many TO threads in the stadium, right? Deep down, if you really know football, which it appears you do, you should have serious reservations about team chemistry with T.O. in the locker room.

It is absurd the amount of attention T.O. gets. But who fuels that attention? We do. We watch sportscenter, by S.I., etc. ESPN has become as vapid as CNN, with their constant need to fill air time. A great example: today, they were talking about Harry Carson being inducted into the hall, and they were showing L.T. clips...I mean, it's gotten ridiculous, which I believe helps to explain why the NFL network has become such a success. ESPN is just too big and spread too thin. They no longer provide analysis, they merely act as a conduit for ratings.

Right, cause there are so many TO threads in the stadium, right? Deep down, if you really know football, which it appears you do, you should have serious reservations about team chemistry with T.O. in the locker room.

It is absurd the amount of attention T.O. gets. But who fuels that attention? We do. We watch sportscenter, by S.I., etc. ESPN has become as vapid as CNN, with their constant need to fill air time. A great example: today, they were talking about Harry Carson being inducted into the hall, and they were showing L.T. clips...I mean, it's gotten ridiculous, which I believe helps to explain why the NFL network has become such a success. ESPN is just too big and spread too thin. They no longer provide analysis, they merely act as a conduit for ratings.

I'm fully aware of the dangers and the rewards T.O. presents. All I can do is hope for the best but I believe, atleast year #1, will workout. The T.O. threads in this forum are started by skins fans for the most part. The media will say were sick of T.O. but in the same breath report another story. The same thing that goes on here.

I'm fully aware of the dangers and the rewards T.O. presents. All I can do is hope for the best but I believe, atleast year #1, will workout. The T.O. threads in this forum are started by skins fans for the most part. The media will say were sick of T.O. but in the same breath report another story. The same thing that goes on here.

Of course it does--it's an issue. People like drama. I don't know why you are so shocked by this.

Of course it does--it's an issue. People like drama. I don't know why you are so shocked by this.

Not shocked at all. You guys are supposed to stay close to the enemy. I guess just a little surprised at a THREAD STARTED about T.O. to explain that you're sick of him and the extent some es members go with some of the threads that are started.

At this point TO is overrated. He has a lot to prove this year IMO. Anything less than 85 catches for 1300 yards and 13-15 TD's should be considered a disappointment considering the hype and the fact that most believe he is a top 3-5 WR in the league.

I am so tired of hearing/reading ESPN all over TO and the Cowboys. Every freakin day on SportsCenter its all about the Cowboys and Parcells/Owens. Now they have that cover page on ESPN.com about Owens. I have lost all respect for ESPN. Talk about kicking a deadhorse. I even seem to recall a poll they did online...something along the lines of who should just shutup/who do you wish would go away and the overwhelming response was Owens. :mad:

ESPN has been trashing TO for a while now. He's still a good player, and they admit that.

In FHM there is an NFL preview article with Danny Sheridan's Super Bowl odds. It states that Dallas is a 15-1 and the Giants at 20-1. Us and the Eagles are at 25-1.

So Danny Sheridan is saying the the Eagles are as good as the Redskins??? What planet is he from??? His Dallas odds is just him having a hard on for Dallas like sports writers hard ons for the Yankees. They SEEM to think that Dallas winning is as good for the NFL as it is for the Yankees and MLB. Not true though since the NFL's product is much more lucrative.

Its ridiculous. I can see why it happens, the cowboys have more fans than any other team, more fans mean more ratings, but even cowboys fans are tired of the whole TO thing.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: It is just getting started, I love it. Can you feel the negative vibe that guy brings. He is in it for himself and it will eventually hurt any team his is on. :laugh: :laugh:

At this point TO is overrated. He has a lot to prove this year IMO. Anything less than 85 catches for 1300 yards and 13-15 TD's should be considered a disappointment considering the hype and the fact that most believe he is a top 3-5 WR in the league.

Great post and point, he absolutely must come through otherwise it will appear to be a huge bust. IMO> Moss has more yards and TD's this year than TO. Just like last year. :point2sky

if you go back and look at Super Bowl history, it's a lot more important to have a franchise running back you can count on then a prolific wide receiver.

the one exception is San Francisco, although they had Roger Craig in 1988 and 1989.

Rams? Marshall Faulk only has what, 11,000 yards rushing in the NFL? :)

History is against the Cowboys and Owens because they don't have the OL or the running game to win big in December and January.

Not shocked at all. You guys are supposed to stay close to the enemy. I guess just a little surprised at a THREAD STARTED about T.O. to explain that you're sick of him and the extent some es members go with some of the threads that are started.

These threads must really irk you...maybe you should just avoid them.

if you go back and look at Super Bowl history, it's a lot more important to have a franchise running back you can count on then a prolific wide receiver.

the one exception is San Francisco, although they had Roger Craig in 1988 and 1989.

Rams? Marshall Faulk only has what, 11,000 yards rushing in the NFL? :)

History is against the Cowboys and Owens because they don't have the OL or the running game to win big in December and January.

Exactly. No big running back for a guaranteed three yards, and it's likely you go home before the playoffs.

Archived