Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Best jobs for college students...

Rdskn4Lyf21

if your a girl become a waitress or stripper. If your a guy, I guess you could still be a waiter, or even a stripper. But tips are where the big money is.

1. Im a guy

2. I dont think my g/f would be happy with the stripping :laugh:

3. I have heard that being a waiter does bring in a lot...its an option....

As far as SkinsHokiesFan... How would I get into paint contracting? I know nothing.:D

elaborate

why don't regular people do that and make 100k a year?

Regular people DO make over 100k doing this. I started in 2002 and now have expanded it a bit into other resedential and home improvement items. One of my friends who started working the same summer as I did made over 100k last summer. Some of the top earners in the company have made well over 300-400k a year the past few years

The caveat is of course it is all commision based and there are income fluctuations. Now a days I have a full time job and run this on the side along with my brother so its worked out well this year

1. Im a guy

2. I dont think my g/f would be happy with the stripping :laugh:

3. I have heard that being a waiter does bring in a lot...its an option....

As far as SkinsHokiesFan... How would I get into paint contracting? I know nothing.:D

You can buy a book on paint contracting. Check out Barnes and Noble or whatever

www.universitypainters.com is where I got started

I delivered newspapers in college. The money is great only bad part is it was 7 days a week but I was never much of a party guy anyway. 4 hours a night, left plenty of time for studies, football and sex plus I made like 600 bucks a week. I was the only person I knew in college that always had money.

Regular people DO make over 100k doing this. I started in 2002 and now have expanded it a bit into other resedential and home improvement items. One of my friends who started working the same summer as I did made over 100k last summer. Some of the top earners in the company have made well over 300-400k a year the past few years

The caveat is of course it is all commision based and there are income fluctuations. Now a days I have a full time job and run this on the side along with my brother so its worked out well this year

You can buy a book on paint contracting. Check out Barnes and Noble or whatever

www.universitypainters.com is where I got started

damn... I didn't think so many houses need to be painted. And people would give that much for it.

There must be a whole market out there taking advantage of affluent, and lazy homeowners.

damn... I didn't think so many houses need to be painted. And people would give that much for it.

There must be a whole market out there taking advantage of affluent, and lazy homeowners.

my friend is a paint contractor for this summer (Liberty, you know him, he was over for some Redskins games as well). I'm not sure how well he is doing now, but by the end of April he had about $25k worth of jobs to do, of which he'd easily get 5-10k of that, I think that's what he said.

And I am in that market

Part of it is homeowners simply do not have the time in areas such as NW DC, McLean, Potomac, Great Falls, Fairfax, Rocville, Bethesda

But they are freakin loaded

Like I said, only caveat is it takes a bit of time to get started and it is 100 percent commision based. It was nice the first 2 years out of collgee because I made just as much, and in some cases more then my friends with full time jobs and I could do whatever the hell I wanted

Thanks for the ideas so far guys....im looking into the paint contracting and the newspaper delivery ( I dont sleep at night but 3 or 4 hours anyways so that would be great ).

Also I am going to be taking a test in 3 weeks, which if I pass, Ill get a job with the US Postal Service, starting at $18.36 / hr.

But if anyone has any other ideas, please keep em coming! Thanks.

Does anyone have any ideas of better full-time jobs for college students.

Im looking for two things: good pay and full-time, but Im hard-pressed to come up with good places or jobs to apply and search for.

Thanks

The same job the QB at Oklahoma had....

:doh:

Does anyone have any ideas of better full-time jobs for college students.

Im looking for two things: good pay and full-time, but Im hard-pressed to come up with good places or jobs to apply and search for.

Thanks

Try to think long-term as well - if you have any idea of what you might have in mind for a career after college, the summers during college are a great time to get some experience and to give that career a "trial run." It should then be obvious to you what types of jobs you should go after right now. Then, when you are applying for jobs after college, you can point at your experience from the summers and tell prospective employers that you'll be able to come in and hit the ground running. If you want to go into banking, and all your summer experience is in delivering newspapers, then you won't seem as credible. If you want to go into banking, and you've worked summers in some banking-related job (even if you are at the very bottom of the totem pole), you could be more credible and appealing to prospective employers. You might have to settle for a little less pay now, but it could be well worth it a few years from now when you are looking for a real job (i.e. not just a summer job). Of course, if you have any interest in newspapers, then delivering newspapers is a fine job. It doesn't matter if you'd eventually like to go into journalism, advertising, layout, or whatever other job at a newspaper - it's not like your summer experience has to be in that specific thing. Just the fact that you were doing something newspaper-related (like delivering them) could give you a bit of a leg up on other people.

Yeah swaroopm,

Long-term is a consideration....so after thinking I applied to the Post Office...

I have an interview Tuesday and if hired they will start me at $18.36 and hour!

Plus the benefits are excellent and I can retire early with the government taking care of me.

Yeah swaroopm,

Long-term is a consideration....so after thinking I applied to the Post Office...

I have an interview Tuesday and if hired they will start me at $18.36 and hour!

Plus the benefits are excellent and I can retire early with the government taking care of me.

Good luck - if you're really thinking about going the postal service route long-term, make sure you convey that in the interview. If they can see how interested you are in working there, they'll be more likely to bring you in at this point. I'm sure they'd rather bring in someone who is thinking of working there in the future rather than someone who is going to work there for a couple of months and then just blow them off.

Archived