Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

David Patten: Viral Meningitis

HailSkinz1

CBS SportsLine.com wire reports

http://www.cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9581496

ASHBURN., Va. -- Washington Redskins wideout David Patten missed the first two days of training camp while hospitalized with a viral infection.

Patten arrived for camp feeling sick, and he checked into the hospital Monday, when camp opened.

"He's in probably until Thursday, then it will take him a few more days to recover, so we'll just take it as it comes when he gets out," trainer Bubba Tyer said. "We'll give him plenty of time to get his strength back."

Patten had strong headaches and a fever and was diagnosed with viral meningitis, an inflammation of the lining of the brain.

The receiver joined the Redskins before last season on a $13 million, five-year contract as a free agent from the New England Patriots. He had 22 catches for 217 yards with no touchdowns in nine games for Washington in 2005 before having right knee surgery and going on injured reserve in November.

Seems a little worse than just the flu.

Godspeed David P!

Hail,

H

I hope no one reads this and confuses it with bacterial meningitis.

Viral meningitis is usually relatively mild. It clears up in a week or two without specific treatment. Illness usually lasts less than 10 days, and people usually recover completely without complications.

He sure has had a tough time with this team.

Blondie

Viral meningitis is usually relatively mild. It clears up in a week or two without specific treatment. Illness usually lasts less than 10 days, and people usually recover completely without complications.

Blondie

That's a good point Blondie. How contagious is the viral form, do you know?

Hail,

H

Listening to all of the preseason press reports, Patten had re-dedicated himself to the team and was welcoming the challenges afer the skins signed so many competitors at WR.

It is absolutely a shame that this will keep him from competing with the new arrivals. The unfortunate part is that he will only be in camp for a few days prior to the initial round of cuts.

I truly hope he's able to come back from this at full strength and showcase his desire and talent. We certainly could be set with one of, if not the, best WR core in the league.

WOW. I wasn't aware that a pile of horse dung could get a virus. You learn something new every day.

This couldn't have happened to a more deserving bum. We never should have signed him in the first place and the longer he's out of training camp and giving other people the opportunity to win his stop on the roster, the happier I will be.

WOW. I wasn't aware that a pile of horse dung could get a virus. You learn something new every day.

This couldn't have happened to a more deserving bum. We never should have signed him in the first place and the longer he's out of training camp and giving other people the opportunity to win his stop on the roster, the happier I will be.

Sometimes I just shake my head at what posters choose to write.

Blondie

this is definitely inappropriate, but I couldn't help but laugh my *** off at it...

And you don't understand why you've been designated as the board's douche bag?

That seems a little uncalled for. Did the guy dump your mom or something?

Hail,

H

Blondie

You wouldn't think it was so mild if you had it. Doesn't feel too good getting this, I know. Every part of your body aches to start out with, then it moves up into your head and gives you a headache that nothing will stop. Sort of like being hit with a hammer over and over. I spent a week in bed with a case last year.

You wouldn't think it was so mild if you had it. Doesn't feel too good getting this, I know. Every part of your body aches to start out with, then it moves up into your head and gives you a headache that nothing will stop. Sort of like being hit with a hammer over and over. I spent a week in bed with a case last year.

It is not life threatening. The same comparison can be made with people who have a very bad sinus infection or maybe bronchitis. You feel like crap and wish you could die......but you get over it.

And yes, I DO know this. THAT is why I posted it. I didn't realize I needed to validate my statement.

Blondie

:laugh: :laugh: , come on man have a heart. The poor man is sick.

Mods,

any way we can trade MSF to cowboyszone or an Eagles web board or even a Ravens site for "a poster to be later named"????.............this is waaayyyyy beyond some of the other stuff posted in the past.

It's just wrong.

You're treading on thin ice - we've given you a LOT of slack in the past. I'd advise you to move on to another thread if you can't be a human being. Meningitis is serious, and theres really no excuse for using the occasion to spout something nasty.

LOW CLASS!!!!

Your posts and ideas are a total waste of our time and I beleive unwelcome here. I am sure http://blog.dallascowboys.com/forums/ has plenty of room for bad ideas like yours. You should go there from now on. Nobody will miss you here. While your at it, look up the term "anger managment". It might help with some new ideas.

I personally think you just need a group hug.:grouphug:

Karma will have her way with you one day.:handicap:

You are a horrible human being. Can we ban this joker? I cringe every time I see his screenname.

Archived