Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

David Patten: Viral Meningitis

HailSkinz1

Mods,

any way we can trade MSF to cowboyszone or an Eagles web board or even a Ravens site for "a poster to be later named"????.............this is waaayyyyy beyond some of the other stuff posted in the past.

It's just wrong.

They don't want him either.

WOW. I wasn't aware that a pile of horse dung could get a virus. You learn something new every day.

This couldn't have happened to a more deserving bum. We never should have signed him in the first place and the longer he's out of training camp and giving other people the opportunity to win his stop on the roster, the happier I will be.

You never seem to amaze me. I hope karma has its way with you. I mean, for one second, just think about what you just wrote. Just think about it. Wow, you really are something special.

WOW. I wasn't aware that a pile of horse dung could get a virus. You learn something new every day.

This couldn't have happened to a more deserving bum. We never should have signed him in the first place and the longer he's out of training camp and giving other people the opportunity to win his stop on the roster, the happier I will be.

Even if you are joking, that is despicable. Time to grow up.

Do you dig graves for a living or just fill them in?

I could go on and on and rage over this post. But really you spoke volumes about yourself. Good luck and may the road rise up and slap you. :banhim:

Three pages of posts directed at uncalled for and inappropriate comments. :doh:

The point is that one of our players that was supposed to increase our talent and upgrade the competition at WR is ill and most likely not going to be able to compete for a roster spot in training camp. :mad:

Meningitis CAN be life-threatening - any kind of meningitis. Bacterial is generally considered more serious, but meningitis is nothing more than an infection of the membrane covering of the brain. You can have high fevers, seizures, and it can actually spread to the brain itself (encephalitis).

Most people with viral meningitis recover fully. Its probably extremely rare that its fatal, but its serious. I believe the overall mortality rate for all types of meningitis is around 10%.

Three pages of posts directed at uncalled for and inappropriate comments. :doh:

The point is that one of our players that was supposed to increase our talent and upgrade the competition at WR is ill and most likely not going to be able to compete for a roster spot in training camp. :mad:

Understandable, but theres times where a post is so ignorant that its so hard to ignore. No matter how bad you dislike a player it should never come to a point where you wish he stays " unhealthy".

Get well DP!

While Mass does have a certain 'style' about getting his point across, there is no rule being broken here. Although I understand Mass' view on the Pats, & ex-Pats like Patten. Mass has a right to be entitled to his own opinion it just doesn't mean anyone has to like them or agree with them. That said, Mass you may be better, served by dialing it way down while posting here in the Stadium, & then throttle back up to your ol normal self while posting in the Tailgate.

As for those of you guys that chose to respond by attacking Mass & not the idea of his words :

And you don't understand why you've been designated as the board's douche bag?
Fixed that for you sport.
You sir, are a total tool and a complete waste of what good air we have left on this earth. Karma will have her way with you.:handicap:
This MSF is your lowest yet, so go be proud of yourself tool bag !
Actually I heard Patten pissed on Mass' armor. :silly:

Here's a reminder for you:

5. Please be respectful of your fellow members.

Every registered member agrees, upon registration, not use these forums to post material or topics which are knowingly false, defamatory, deceptive, inaccurate, racist, insulting, abusive, inflammatory, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually graphic, physically threatening, invasive of another's privacy or otherwise in violation of any law, including stalking or otherwise harassing individual members.

Personal attacks or threats will not be tolerated. Go after the idea, not the poster. Free debate within the parameters outlined herein is welcome on these forums, and diversity of opinion lies at the heart of a good debate. Toward that end, every member is free to have their own opinion so long as it is expressed in a civil manner, is within the subject matter topic of the forum and does not otherwise violate forum rules.

If that's to much for you, then you have an ignore list. I suggest you guys put Mass on it.

I really don't think Patten is in any serious peril of losing his roster spot. Who would he lose it too? Taylor Jacobs? Jimmy Farris? Neither of them has ever accomplished anything on the field, even when given every opportunity in the world last season. To ditch Patten in favor of either of them because of a temporary illness would be downright foolish and irresponsible.

Bottom line it's not going to happen. Unless Patten's condition developes into something more severe, he will be this year's Phillip Daniels.

I wasn't going to waste the time responding to that disgusting, classless post, but TK's long post really set me off even more than the original post. It reminds me of a typical judge in our ill justice system. In that environment, a guy commits a horrible crime, and somehow, maybe through a technicality, he is deemed to be unprosecutable. But no one better do ANYTHING to him for the horrible act he performed, or the book will be thrown at them.

Here, of course, it is at a much less serious level, but the idea is the same. A guy posts something completely disgusting and despicable. He gets numerous completely justified and appropriate responses. A guy of authority shows up and exonerates the perp and reads the rulebook to the respondents in the form of a warning. Very disappointing.

Mass, while I mostly lurk, I haven't noticed your name before due to any imflammatory posts, but I find this opinion ignorant or despicable depending on what you know and if you believe what you write. While this is the more 'benign' version of menginitis, I've known someone that has died due to the condition. I can't believe anyone would be happy this has happened to someone.

I wasn't going to waste the time responding to that disgusting, classless post, but TK's long post really set me off even more than the original post. It reminds me of a typical judge in our ill justice system. In that environment, a guy commits a horrible crime, and somehow, maybe through a technicality, he is deemed to be unprosecutable. But no one better do ANYTHING to him for the horrible act he performed, or the book will be thrown at them.

Here, of course, it is at a much less serious level, but the idea is the same. A guy posts something completely disgusting and despicable. He gets numerous completely justified and appropriate responses. A guy of authority shows up and exonerates the perp and reads the rulebook to the respondents in the form of a warning. Very disappointing.

I think you're misinterpreting TKs intent. I couldn't have found MSF's post any more classless. I 100% agree with you. I think what TK is communicating is that there are 2 separate issues - yeah, MSF made a truly despicable post, and he is getting absolutely pummelled by a jury of his peers. Technically, while despicable, his post violates no rules. I will promise you, if he makes many more of that low caliber, I will personally ban him - because it will convince me he is in no way a Redskins or football fan, and is simply trying to instigate and be disruptive. TKs only point was that we can't justify allowing others to get personal because we find MSFs post personally-reprehensible.

I will say it again, a real Redskin's fan is not capable of wishing serious harm to a player. If those kinds of posts become a trend, I will treat the member as a troll who's simply trying to stir the pot.

I am going to close this thread - because its no longer about David Patten - and thats the real shame. Shame on you MSF for derailing it. Should someone want to start another, feel free, but it better stay on topic.

Archived