Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Greatest Moment in Redskins History

RDSKNFN_48

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Mine too, even though I was only 10 yrs old and it was the VERY FIRST game I ever watched. It led us to our 1st Super Bowl Championship.

Now my personal favorite is the 4th down goal line stand against the vikings in the 87-88 NFC Championship...I have seriously watched it at least 400-500 times. I LOVE the roar of the crowd as the ball hits Darren Nelson in the chest then boinks out of bounds....there was a milisecond of silence then a huge ROAR!

The DG punt return a week earlier is one of my favorites too. In fact, when I was in high school I painted a 30X40 picture of him "cutting" which tore his rib cartilidge muscles.

I was 10 at the time too. That was the game that made me a life long Skins fan.

Riggins was the man!!

I was 10 at the time too. That was the game that made me a life long Skins fan.

Riggins was the man!!

Dude, are you my twin brother? We are practically the same age, we became fans for life by wathcing SB 17 and I am a huge Darth Vader fan...always have been! I assume that is your arm with the Vader Tat, right?

Ok, I opted for the seat cushion game since I was there making a fool of myself but seriously, how do you choose?

Realistically, I think you have to go with the Riggo run. But I chose the seat cushion game too, for selfish reasons: I was there. Besides it was an RFK game. You had the whole mass-euphoria thing, which you couldn't get at a superbowl.

Realistically, I think you have to go with the Riggo run. But I chose the seat cushion game too, for selfish reasons: I was there. Besides it was an RFK game. You had the whole mass-euphoria thing, which you couldn't get at a superbowl.

I know but it wasn't a realistic choice and I said as much, but that was a helluva game. Nobody cared one bit how miserable the weather was. And was that mass-euphoria or mass-insanity? or both? I was hoarse for days....

The Quarter is a close second to John Riggins' Super Bowl TD run. But, how about when George Preston Marshall decided to move the then-Boston Redskins to Washington? That move would change the lives of Washingtonians forever.

The Quarter was longer than a moment. If I'd go with a play it would be John Riggins run vs. Miami and if I'd go with a quarter it would be the 35 point quarter, however the most important moment of Redskins history was the original hiring of Joe Gibbs. We may not have known it at the time, but it gave a springboard to all of these moments.

So I'm going with .....................the original hiring of JOE GIBBS.

January 7, 2004 THE DAY THE REDSKINS CAME BACK TO LIFE!

the date the owner, put his pride in his back pocket and hired the only man in america he cannot fire!!!

instant crediblity, went from the worst coach in the league (stevie wonder) to the BEST over night!!!!

Although the Riggins run is etched in the minds of all REDSKIN fans.....I have to agree that January 7, 2004 is the day I began to feel alive again. The way Double S left the team.....the thought of more bismal seasons......the depressing losses..........THAT day I knew the light at the end of the tunnel was NOT an on-coming train. I knew that day, we would be in the Super Bowl in a few short years.

How wonderful to see the man in action again.

Blondie

Wow, I was torn. I went with The Diesel's run against Miami, but the roar of the crowd at RFK, the Seat Cushion Game, all of those were great. And I thouht that Gary Hoggeboom threw that pass that DG took in for a TD! Right after Dexter FLATTENED Danny White (if memory serves me right, didn't Danny boy cry?).

Great memories. Tough choice. Thanks for bringing up great moments! :applause:

That was fun.

I think the 2 89 bombs since its the best ive seen.

Those were definately the best on-field/player moments since 1992 when Art Monk broke the record. I wasn't there for that monday night game vs Denver , but WOW, is all I can say to describe it. We were up 34-3 with the ball late in the 4th quarter and Joe had the players "go for it" menaing the record. Monk was 1 shy...he got his 2nd catch to tie and the 3rd one to pass Largent.

I have allways wondered this...when you watch the replay just after Riggo breaks the tackle...you hear a "diesel horn"...is that something they added to the highlight reel or did someone in the stadium have a horn?

??????????????????? This is the mystery of my child hood ????????????????

How about Timmy Smith's Super bowl performance?

Riggos 166 yards on 38 carries was quite incredible.

Darrell's punt return for a TD against Chicago is up there.

Kurt Gouveia intercepts Bills quarterback Jim Kelly up only 17-0 and they would go on to win 37-24 in SB XXVI.

One of my favorites in when Doug Williams leaves the game in SB XXII Schroeder gets plastered to the turf and Williams come back in limping and we all know what happens from there.

Ricky Sanders for an 80-yard touchdown in SB XXII to spark the Skins after being down 10-0.

Seeing Art Monk score his first Super Bowl touchdown.

There are just to many to name....

How about Joe Theismann going to Joe Gibbs house the night of the 1981 week 5 loss going 0-5 and talking about where the team was headed. This of course was Gibbs rookie season as coach.

In his book, Joe Theismann said when he left that night, they weren't just on their way to winning....they were on their way to the Super Bowl.

They ended that season winning 8 of 11 to even their record at 8-8, then a season later they were Wolrd Champions.

Archived