Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Transportation to FedEx

js161

I was wondering if anyone knew if there were any shuttle type services to FedEx for the game. I heard before that some people would meet up at a bar and take a bus to games. Is there anything like that going on this year?

I live in Jersey, but I remember a couple years ago there was a place on Route 1 near UMD that did a bus trip. Don't even remember what the place was called, but if you come off 95S on Route 1, its about 5 minutes down the road, on the right. We always stopped there to fill up with beer on our way to the games.

I usually park at the Landover metrorail station and take the shuttle bus. It's $5 round trip and runs frequently. Give yourself at least 30 min cushion, because traffic can be heavy and you need to find which gate to enter into the stadium once you get there.

Enter at the least crowded gate you come to. The just walk the circle for your section.

Call Joe Theismans restaurant in Old Town Alexandria. They have a service that stops at different bars int he area and provides transportation to and from games. I can not remember the name of the service but they would be able to tell you. Its like 30 or 35 bucks per person but that includes all you can eat and drink. Alcohol included.

Call Joe Theismans restaurant in Old Town Alexandria. They have a service that stops at different bars int he area and provides transportation to and from games. I can not remember the name of the service but they would be able to tell you. Its like 30 or 35 bucks per person but that includes all you can eat and drink. Alcohol included.

That sounds like a better deal than the TailGate Club.

You can take the blue line to Morgan Blvd., and you can see the stadium once you come out. It's about a mile walk, but you'll be moving faster than the traffic.

This is how I roll.Paying $20 to park in an industrial park and waiting two hours for a bus after the game to me is asinine.

how crowded is the metro on game days?

Very. A proverbial sea of people going to or coming from, usually past the opening kick.

That said, I've never had to wait more than one train to jump on, and can usually squeeze into whichever shows up. I take it to the games and walk, a la Mark the Homer's suggestion.

Does make you wish FedEx looked a little more, well, burgandy and gold as you walk up, though.

• 3 weeks later...

bbruce0 - The bus ride from Jug Bridge Seafood is $50 per head as of last year. This includes all the beer you can drink and all the food you can eat. They tailgate in the parking lot for a few hours, and then head down to the stadium. Once arriving at the stadium, out comes the beer, food, and the plasma.

They are currently putting together the schedule for this years home games and will start taking reservations next week.

You can take the blue line to Morgan Blvd., and you can see the stadium once you come out. It's about a mile walk, but you'll be moving faster than the traffic.

That's a good call...that way, you can get there in plenty of time to join the ES/RR tailgate. If you take the shuttle, you're screwed,(as far as tailgating goes), because the shuttles don't start to run until 2hrs before game time. The lots open 4 hours before kickoff and the partying starts early!

TO FED EX FIELD FROM D.C. REAGAN NATIONAL AIRPORT (no car)

Reagan National Airport (located near DC/Crystal City, VA) is the easiest. The Metro stops at the airport and is on the Blue/Yellow Line. There's a walkway that takes you over traffic, across the street to the Metro so it's very convenient! Since the airport is on the Blue Line you just take it in the direction of Largo Town Center (last stop on the blue line in that direction). You can get off at Morgan Blvd or Largo Town Center and walk about a mile or so.

From Reagan Airport you could also take a shorter route by getting on the Yellow Line toward Gallery Place/Chinatown, but getting off at Le Fant Plaza (sp?), and then getting on the same Blue Line toward Fed Ex as listed above. The problem is if you're not familiar with the system and get lost. The DC Metro system is pretty easy to learn though. Note- The name on the side of each Metro car is the last destination for that particular car. So if the Blue Line car says "Largo Town Center", you will pass through all stops between your current stop, and that final destination listing, on that particular (color) Metro Line.

TO FED EX FIELD FROM DULLES AIRPORT (no car)

If you are flying into Dulles (near Ashburn), the best way without a car is probably to get a taxi or shuttle to Vienna Metro, the last stop on the Orange Line. I say Vienna instead of the other potential stops on the Orange Line because it's the last stop. This means you'll be the first car departing the station and highLy more likely to get a seat. If you are traveling into the city and get on a metro car midway, you are going to run into some serious crowds as people are going to the Redskins game and downtown in general. You can take the Orange Line to the last stop and there should be a shuttle to the game.

DC METRO/WMATA MAP

http://www.wmata.com/metrorail/systemmap.cfm

Also, check the Redskins Official Site for directions to Fed Ex Field

MY PREFERENCE

I live near Ashburn and Dulles Airport and like to drive. I love to listen to the pre-game radio shows to digest everything, and then the post game shows to listen for the analysis and fan reactions. I usually hit Route 66, then the Beltway, and the traffic is not that bad...until I hit the Woodrow Wilson Bridge. However, once I pass over the bridge there's usually no more heavy traffic. I don't usually tailgate so I try and leave the house at least 3 hours beforehand. I'm all business so I bring binoculars and a pocket radio to listen to Sonny and Co., and watch all areas, including the warmups. The radio also helps because I don't miss any news or sportstalk when walking to and from Fed Ex to my car. My girlfriend sometimes gets mad because I'm plugged in, but I let her listen as well. ALL business baby!

Listening to the radio stations definintely makes the time fly and is truly enjoyable, especially with the increase in the number of stations. Now there's three stations with Redskins info so you can just jump from station to station! I've taken the Metro before and to me it's worse because it's too crowded and you have to wait awhile for available trains which are packed. And don't let there be a Skins game simultaneously with the Nationals! The last home preseason game versus the Ravens will be hectic becasuse it's on a Thursday during normal business hours (when the Metro will normally be crowded anyway). Same thing about the opening Monday Nighter versus the Vikes= Oh Boy!

- AU Burgundy & Gold

if youre coming from the ashburn reston area its better to come towards college park i believe

I agree, that's how we go from Fairfax. Via 66 and then around the beltway past Bethesda. For a 1 PM game, we usually leave at 10:30 and we're in the lot around 11:45 - 12.

I would think from Ashburn, Sterling, or Reston that the toll road and then 495 towards Bethesda would make the most sense.

Archived