Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mel Gibson Really is an Anti-Semite

luckydevil

So this is more important than the war in iraq or the israeli crisis in lebanon or the islamic people arrested in Seattle who tried to commit murder? Celebrity news is not news. I wish people wouldn't follow people like scott peterson or paris hilton. Americans have way too short attention spans. The real news is what affects us around the world and not some drunken actor who said some bad things.

He made a mistake, he apologized for it. No one here truly knows if he meant what he said or not. And who really cares anyway? I doubt that the history books will read "2006 The Year of the Gibson-Jew conflict" considering theres a hell of a lot more important **** going on.

So this is more important than the war in iraq or the israeli crisis in lebanon or the islamic people arrested in Seattle who tried to commit murder? Celebrity news is not news. I wish people wouldn't follow people like scott peterson or paris hilton. Americans have way too short attention spans. The real news is what affects us around the world and not some drunken actor who said some bad things.

They can both be news ... unless you've got a short attention span. :)

I don't think anyone thinks it's more important, it might be more entertaining though and a lot less heartwrenching to talk about.

And really, it's only been in the news for a day. If it lingers for more than a few days I agree, it's overkill. But I do think it's newsworthy that a prominent public figure like Gibson said what he did. Since he's apologized I expect it'll blow over soon enough.

And really, it's only been in the news for a day. If it lingers for more than a few days I agree, it's overkill. But I do think it's newsworthy that a prominent public figure like Gibson said what he did. Since he's apologized I expect it'll blow over soon enough.
Not for him personally though. This is going to stick with him forever.

I'm not a ****ing anti-semite you prick. I just question the US relationship with Israel.

If it sounds like a duck:

They are all ugly...with the possible exception of Natalie Portman.

Plus, I remember your manifesto from a few months ago. Quack, quack.

Questioning the US relationship with Israel is fine. Defending a "proud Christian's" right to say "F*****g Jews... The Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world.... Are you a Jew?" is entirely a different thing.

I'm trying to figure out which one applies to you.

He does have a right to say it. Are suggesting that hate speech should be punished or censored?

I think Mel is a great actor and I wont let this affect whether or not I watch his movies.

Hell, I hate most Hollywood types but I love movies. But I guess that doesnt have anything to do with anything, so forget that.

I see this thread dying without some new blood...so let me ask you all this.

Would the reaction have been different if he had said, say, Muslim, instead of Jew?

But "Sugar Tits"

THAT'S gonna live forever :laugh:

Kilmer,

Surely you aren't suggesting that the Dixie Chicks comment about Bush is/was in the same ballpark as what Mel Gibson said about Jews.

C'mon man - there not even in the same galaxy.

Their comments might not be the same, Im commenting on the reaction to them.

The same "freedom of speech" nonsense that was bandied about for the DCs is now being defended by the other side. And vice versa.

Punished for speaking his mind...right or wrong? What a joke

I have no tolerance for hate speech (and what the Dixie Chicks said wasn't hate speech, despite some people's claims here).

And while I think you have that right to say it - don't expect me to sit by and not react to it.

I hope most people are the same way.

I see this thread dying without some new blood...so let me ask you all this.

Would the reaction have been different if he had said, say, Muslim, instead of Jew?

I'm not sure what the 'reaction' is yet.

But if a Movie Star started talking about the '****ing Muslims' in a drunken rampage? Yeah, I think there'd be outrage. And there should be.

I'm not sure what the 'reaction' is yet.

But if a Movie Star started talking about the '****ing Muslims' in a drunken rampage? Yeah, I think there'd be outrage. And there should be.

But then he would have been right about who was starting all the wars ;)

Archived