Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We could Win the Superbowl because a Republican is in Office

Gigantor

This is not a political thread, but a superstitious one. I'm sure you know that the Redskins have never won or even appeared in a superbowl when a democrat has held the presidency.

I can hardly talk about the Clinton years as it relates to our team. We had Norv Turner, Marty and Spurrier.

In 1973, George Allen was the coach and Richard Nixon was in office. We went to the superbowl that year.

In the 80's Ronald Reagan was in office and the Redskins went to three superbowls and won two.

In 1991 Bush the elder was in office and we won the superbowl.

So if you're like me and have some superstitious ritual you follow when the skins play, everything is lined-up. We might go to the big game and win it! :laugh:

blah blah, coincidence. It was just like the Redskins picking the election winner superstition. If we beat the Packers, the incumbent wins, if we lose, the challenger wins. Well we lost, and the incumbent stayed in (though I will stand to argue we shoulda won that game if not for that bogus illegal motion call by the refs).

This is not a political thread, but a superstitious one. I'm sure you know that the Redskins have never won or even appeared in a superbowl when a democrat has held the presidency.

I can hardly talk about the Clinton years as it relates to our team. We had Norv Turner, Marty and Spurrier.

In 1973, George Allen was the coach and Richard Nixon was in office. We went to the superbowl that year.

In the 80's Ronald Reagan was in office and the Redskins went to three superbowls and won two.

So if you're like me and have some superstitious ritual you follow when the skins play, everything is lined-up. We might go to the big game and win it! :laugh:

theres been a republican in office the past 5 years, so by your reasoning, we should have won the superbowl in gibbs 1st 2 years, then also when spurrier and shottenheimer were here. Things have been "lined up" for a long time. Bush wasnt elected yesterday you know.

blah blah, coincidence. It was just like the Redskins picking the election winner superstition. If we beat the Packers, the incumbent wins, if we lose, the challenger wins. Well we lost, and the incumbent stayed in (though I will stand to argue we shoulda won that game if not for that bogus illegal motion call by the refs).

that was the most BS call ive ever seen. completely changed the outcome of the game.

But didn't we win some pre-Superbowl NFL titles? And made appearances in at least one other NFL title game? Who was in office then? Even though it wasn't the "Superbowl" back then, it was still the NFL title.... Let's compare to see if this is true?

But remember, we also LOST 2 Superbowls under republican presidents.

(This was a good find, though)

Of course when we had the republican presidents we also had a democratic majority, so if everything were to line up then the Republicans need to lose control of the house and senate.

here is a partial list of prime numbers:

1,2,3,5,7.......... 1913, 1931, 1933, 1949, 1951, 1973, 1979, 1987, 1993, 1997,1999, 2003, 2011..........

we won the championship in 1937 and 1942 and won the Superbowl in 1983 (82 season), 1988 (87 season), and 1992 (91 season)

.....so we win championships in years that are NOT prime numbers. Which explains why we had trouble from 97-03.......we are good until the 2010 season!!!!!!

:doh: :doh: :doh: :laugh: :silly:;)

Well I suppose you could also say it was a controversial call to go along with a controversial election "The year of the Re-Count". were they weren't sure if the hanging chad was intended for this candidate or that one...

The original topic of this thread is some sort of economic concept. Its like, irrelevant occurrences. I forget the exact name though, it was in intro to macro a long time ago...

I think when the Packers win the Super Bowl the stock market does really well or something to that effect?

I think it is more like standard deviation. What my esteemed colleague was espousing was that we go to superbowls when the republicans are in and don't when they are out. Mush as I like "W" we bet getter there soon. We are headed for another playoff drought after 2008.

This thread will re-appear during the next election. Bet on it.

Archived