Extremeskins

Did anyone see NFL live tonight?

WeThreeKingsRuleU

HOT or not?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. HOT or not?

• Hell yeah, she's a smoking olympic athlete
    • Nope, I'm gay

Terrell Owens has been better for a longer period of time than Moss. You forget, TO has been "elite" for 6-7 years, whereas Moss was considered a #2 receiver prior to last season

TO has spent his whole career in the West Coast Offense. We'll see if he can still produce enough to be happy(key to your season, TO's happiness) in a system that's more run oriented than it is passing.

That's why I feel your wr corp is just as unproven as ours. IMO, both teams wr acquistions(at least in theory) look good on paper. Come Sept., we'll find out for sure. :2cents:

Arizona (never thought I'd say this) has the best one-two combo in the league. Followed by Indy and then Cincy.

As far as Dallas goes...it's hard to say...it'll all depend on one thing...will the O-Line give Bledsoe enough time to throw? Without a decent protection we'll all be watching replays of T-O run some really cool paterns and Glenn flying down the field with Bledsoe falling to the ground under 5 defensive players.

too early to say.. but i like these combos ahead of us yet since we dont know what llyod and randel el can be with each other

not in any order but ahead of washington

arizona, indy, oakland, cowboys, carolina, cincy, denver

DENVER?????? Javon Walker and who???? and hopefully for Carolina, Meshaun wont mess up team chemistry when Steve Smith outperforms him. and i'm sorry but Jerry Porter is old and if Aaron Brooks doesn't start then the Raiders won't have an experienced QB getting them the ball. i agree with what you said, with the exception of denver and oakland.

denver has rod smith( constant 1000 yd reciever), javon walker...

oakland jerry porter old? LOL...

u have to respect carolina steve smtih and keyshawn have been performing for years and should have no problem co-existing.. carolina did not advnace last year since htey had no 1 besides smith

my mistake... i forgot about rod smith on the broncos, but think about Walker. he hasn't played for an entire season. and once he gets back into it he may not be even as close to his level he was at in Green Bay. Moss put up better numbers than both of them last year. and for everyone who is rating all of these players ahead of santana based on numbers.... LOOK AT S MOSS's #'s FROM LAST YEAR. Steve Smith is the only one who put up more yards, and Moss had no help. he deserves more credit.

LMAO@ Keyshawn being better than BLloyd

He doesnt play for the pathetic Cowgirls anymore, so you can get off his nuts

Dude is one of the most overrated WR's in the HISTORY of the NFL

I would say that you have lost all Football Cred that you had, but that fact has long since been established.

Greatest. Post. Ever.

:doh:

The very fact that you believe Keyshawn is inferior to Brandon lloyd should nullify your right to ever watch a football game again.

:laugh: Indy, and Arizona... you have an argument. that's it

it's not like your opinion is a little shaded

d9d302a7.jpg

Randy Moss and Joey Porter, anyone who thinks Moss and Lloyd are more talented needs to be placed in a mental institution

Same with TO and Glenn, Johnson and Housmenzadah, Holt and Bruce, and Smith and Johnson. The only one that is debateable is denver.

DENVER?????? Javon Walker and who???? and hopefully for Carolina, Meshaun wont mess up team chemistry when Steve Smith outperforms him. and i'm sorry but Jerry Porter is old and if Aaron Brooks doesn't start then the Raiders won't have an experienced QB getting them the ball. i agree with what you said, with the exception of denver and oakland.

Jerry Porter is 28 :doh:

Your the only fool here, and you continue to prove it time and time again.

Terrell Owens career averages:

71.6 catches (This is using just his real stats, if you use his projected number from the last 3 years had he played all year the number goes up to 85 catches)

1,053 yards (Again, using projected numbers this goes up to over 1,250 yards)

10.1 TDs (This goes up to 12 using projected numbers)

Santana Moss career averages:

47 catches

779.8 yards

5.6 TDs

And for as explosive a receiver as Moss is, his YPC is less than 2 yards better than TOs for their careers.

However, even most Sklins fans realize how obvious it is that TO is better than Moss, the true debate comes to Lloyd and Glenn. Just to prove a point here, we wont even use projected stats for Glenn's injury prone career:

Terry Glenn career averages:

52.3 catches

777.6 yards

3.8 TDs

Brandon Lloyd career averages:

35 catches

503.3 yards

4.3 TDs

So, even after all the injury shortened years, Terry Glenn averages nearly 20 more catches and 270 more yards. Lloyd has an amazing .5 advantage in TDs. Congrats. :rolleyes:

Stop jumping at the Cowgirl who's just looking for an argument.

I havn't seen a single person here say that we haved the best starting WR's the league anyway. Besides, WR's are only as good as the system they're in and the QB throwing them the ball. If you wanna argue talent alone then we'll be here all night.

Terrell Owens career averages:

71.6 catches (This is using just his real stats, if you use his projected number from the last 3 years had he played all year the number goes up to 85 catches)

1,053 yards (Again, using projected numbers this goes up to over 1,250 yards)

10.1 TDs (This goes up to 12 using projected numbers)

All done in a West Coast Offense that relied more on the pass than the run and that catered to TO.

Let's just see what happens when he's in a more traditional offense that relies more on the run game.

Parcells has already said that he won't get the touches that he's used to getting and if we know one thing about TO, he's all about his numbers.

You know, the whole: "I love me some me" ??

You can't just look at his career numbers and automatically assume that they'll transfer over to the Cowboys. Especially when the head coach is already warning that he won't see the same type of production that he's been used to. :2cents:

Where do Cowboy fans get this about Glenn? Yes at this point he has had a more productive career than Lloyd, no problem I'll give you that point. However, this is about the third time I've heard someone claim he has been an outstanding number 1 wideout...not in this league he hasn't, maybe you guys are referring to his OSU days? Prior to last year, Glenn had had a total of 2 thousand yard receiving seasons (and one in the 900s), with a career high of 6 TDs! Those aren't number one wide out numbers, especially not over a 10 year career. Glenn has been a nice #2, but has generally been over matched when asked to produce as the lead wideout. Let's not fool ourselves, Glenn has never been considered a great #1.

I was thinking the same thing. Seriously I dont see where all this Glenn is great talk comes from.

denver has rod smith( constant 1000 yd reciever), javon walker...

oakland jerry porter old? LOL...

u have to respect carolina steve smtih and keyshawn have been performing for years and should have no problem co-existing.. carolina did not advnace last year since htey had no 1 besides smith

There is no way you can tell if they will have a problem co-existing or not. One big reason the Cowboys let Keyshawn go is because they didnt feel like he can co-exist with TO.

Randy Moss and Joey Porter, anyone who thinks Moss and Lloyd are more talented needs to be placed in a mental institution

Same with TO and Glenn, Johnson and Housmenzadah, Holt and Bruce, and Smith and Johnson. The only one that is debateable is denver.

moss and porter havent produced jack in oakland and now porter is disrupting the team with his trade talk. more to being good then pure talent. A good duo requires chemistry, not two talented guys tryin to pad their own stats and playing when they feel like it

Will you take my word that TIO is better than Moss and Glenn is better than Lloyd or will I have to bring out the numbers and make you look a fool?

Sure, break out the #'s that T.O. put up in a non-west coast offense. Oh, and Glenn and T.O. are both in their mid 30's. Glenn has never been a great receiver. Lloyd, until this year, has had some of the worst QB's in the league throwing him the ball while playing on the worst team in the league. Moss exceeded everyone's expectations last year.

We'll see though. I don't think us taking your word or not will change the fact that you don't know what you are talking about. You probably expected Moss to be a 40-650-4 receiver last year as well. Somehow he put up more yards than Owens has ever in 10 years, in a run first offense.

I don't think anyone can say for sure that these receivers are the best, 5th best, or 10th best. They certainly have as much potential as Dallas' 2 and neither has sat out much of the past 2 years with injuries/mental issues.

Archived