Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Prisco's Latest Skins Bash

gchwood

Yeah well like the Cowboys did great things in the off season:rolleyes: they picked up an self centered cancer stick TO big deal. The fact is you still have a weak secondary, can't stop anyone that has any resemblance of a running game. Hell the Rams ran the ball well against your sorry ass. You have an OL which is very suspect a running back that is soft as tissue oh yeah them Cowboys are great :rolleyes: . Get real will you.

This is a classic example. Try to discuss whats good, or bad with the skins, and this is what you get in response. Talk about changing the subject. :laugh:

Bingo. We were a playoff team last year and the offense wasn't bad to begin with.

Here is how WOU thinks.

Cowboys will be much improved because they picked up Kyle Kosier, Jason Fabini, Akin Ayodele, Marcus Coleman, Ryan Hannam, TO, Mike Vanderjagt, Rocky Boiman.

The Skins will suffer because they picked up Brandon Lloyd, Antwaan Randle El, Christian Fauria, Andre Carter, Adam Archuleta, Kenny Wright.

:doh:

Precisely. The few questions we had heading into free agency have been addressed. Do Cowboy fans really think that T.O. is the salve that cures all ills? Quite the contrary, throw another question on an already heaping pile of questions.

You mean the team that was 5-6 at one point? Yeah, I'm shaking.

Yeah but it was that same time that embarassed the high and mighty Cowboys too. I am sick and tired of all this we are so superior b.s it's lame this is a new era but I guess you cowboy fans just need something to hold on to. To make you feel superior which I think it's a joke to me it comes off as being insecure . What in the hell has the Cowboys done in the last 10 years I can't even remember the last time they even won a playoff game. Hey how about making it to the playoffs and win a playoff game before you start all your chest thumping about superbowl and you are so superior to anyone else.

Also the team that had the character to rebound from that record and get into the playoffs. Unlike a certain team that did a complete el foldo when crunch time came.

Your trolling is pretty pathetic. Either that or you don't understand football. As EVERYONE else has said, these guys don't have to be pro bowlers or have a huge DIRECT impact. Their incremental and combined value, though, could potentially have a huge overall impact on the team.

And, if the Redskins OL isn't good enough to make it to the Super Bowl, the Cowboys CERTAINLY might as well mail it in, because that group is the definition of questionably mediocre at best.

You were a playoff team last year for one reason, and one reason only. Because we couldn't kick the simplest of field goals. That will change this year with Vandy.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I meant "turn around" as in you know, actually score offensively in a playoff game.

You mean the playoff game they won? Something the Cowboys have failed to do in the last 10 years? Thanks for coming out, cheif. Bitterness is strong with this one.

Like I said, the Offense needed help but not "turned around"

What did the Cowboys do about their running game? What have the Cowboys done in the past 10 years to warrant the attention they're getting?

This is a classic example. Try to discuss whats good, or bad with the skins, and this is what you get in response. Talk about changing the subject. :laugh:

Actually the classic example is you dodging every single question that has been posed to you in this thread. You post smart-ass remarks and then take other people to task for theirs'.

You were a playoff team last year for one reason, and one reason only. Because we couldn't kick the simplest of field goals. That will change this year with Vandy.

It certinaly has nothing to do with the Redskins getting healthy and winning 5 in a row, while the Cowboys tanked. But a field goal kicker has everything to do with that!

Hey man... I don't think Vandy could kick any field goal that would make up a 35-7 deficit.... YOU WERENT a playoff team last year because you CHOKED at FedEx and got smashed off by the Skins..

Well considering that 5-6 happened after a BS tuck rule in Denver, a BS TD call down in Tampa and a Cartwright fumble in Arrow head....you see where I am getting at? It wasn't a fluke that we won 5 in a row to make it into the playoffs. The team needed fair officiating and a couple of breaks LIKE ANY OTHER PLAYOFF TEAM.

Also the team that had the character to rebound from that record and get into the playoffs. Unlike a certain team that did a complete el foldo when crunch time came.

Your trolling is pretty pathetic. Either that or you don't understand football. As EVERYONE else has said, these guys don't have to be pro bowlers or have a huge DIRECT impact. Their incremental and combined value, though, could potentially have a huge overall impact on the team.

And, if the Redskins OL isn't good enough to make it to the Super Bowl, the Cowboys CERTAINLY might as well mail it in, because that group is the definition of questionably mediocre at best.

He brings up the 5-6 point all the time and is such a blind homer that he doesn't realize that this is a huge positive about the Skins not a negative. To finish 10-6 including wins over all three division rivals is classic Joe Gibbs.

yep the same one that ripped off 5 straight wins, including a 35-7 pounding over your pokes, and advanced to the second round of the playoffs, despite several injuries to key players on offense.

and if you want to use the "if we had a kicker" mantra

then we get the correct call in Tampa, Hall makes a FG against San Diego, Plummer's safety in Denver stands, Rock doesn't fumble in KC

also, If Dallas didn't get an automatic first down for a five yard illegal contact on 3rd and 21 against the Chargers, and If Brandon Jacobs doesn't fumble on the goal line for the giants, If the refs call holding on Tucker or KC makes the FG.......

see anyone can play "if"

It certinaly has nothing to do with the Redskins getting healthy and winning 5 in a row, while the Cowboys tanked. But a field goal kicker has everything to do with that!

Classic !!!!

So you're going to say you "got healthy", and then went on a roll......but a team like the boys didn't get "injured", they just "tanked".

You could swim in the lake of hypocrisy you spew.

He brings up the 5-6 point all the time and is such a blind homer that he doesn't realize that this is a huge positive about the Skins not a negative. To finish 10-6 including wins over all three division rivals is classic Joe Gibbs.

oh he knows what he is doing....the 5-6 is the only thing about last season you can question.... but if you look real close at 4 of the 6 losses... things don't look as bad as 5-6 would seem.

same with the pokes, at 7-4 you look real close at some of those wins... you can see things aren't as rosey as it appeared... and when they finished going 2-4 the last 6 games it wasn't a fluke.

No one is changing the subject so the laugh is on you. You will see who is better in the second week of the season . Let me see if you're still laughing by then but then again. You may not even come around.

Pete Prisco continues to push us Skins fan away.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9574360/2

Did Dan Snyder's annual offseason spending spree do enough this year to get the Redskins to a Super Bowl?

The optimism in the D.C. area is said to be at an all-time high. The belief is the Redskins have been transformed in a Super Bowl team by spending big again this offseason. But what have they really added? One receiver (Brandon Lloyd) was a malcontent in San Francisco; the other (Antwaan Randle El) was a 35-catch guy, which isn't much, for the Steelers; the defensive end (Andre Carter) has pass-rush ability, but just 13 sacks the past three seasons; and safety Adam Archuleta is a liability in pass coverage. Are you still excited, Redskins fans? It's true the passing game needed help outside to go with Santana Moss, but did they get the right guys? Many speculate the addition of Al Saunders as offensive coordinator will make this like the Kansas City Chiefs' offense he left. The line has to be better for that to be a reality. Coaches are nice, but you have to have the players making plays. This does not look like a Super Bowl team. Sorry, Beltway.

grrrr....

Great job there Pete Pissco. I love how you give the reader objective facts that support your opinions :rolleyes: You really know how to show both sides of the coin there pal. Can somebody say Pulitzer? Good, then you are already smarter then this here Pistol Pete.

If I were a Cowboy fan and I wanted to troll a Redskins board and paint a worst-case scenario to downplay every single acquisition that the Skins made this is what I would come up with. Yes, Pete if each player plays to the worst of their ability then we will stink....

Lol exactly. It's like saying "if the skins can stay injury free they will be good". Well no ish! I wonder what his definition of a "super bowl" team is. All of the mediots seem to love Dallas and TO :doh:. Can TO make up a 28 point difference (35-7) hehe.

Petey's article looks and smells like the regurgitated troll bait that we so often see from the misguided cowgirl community.

GC

oh he knows what he is doing....the 5-6 is the only thing about last season you can question.... but if you look real close at 4 of the 6 losses... things don't look as bad as 5-6 would seem.

same with the pokes, at 7-4 you look real close at some of those wins... you can see things aren't as rosey as it appeared... and when they finished going 2-4 the last 6 games it wasn't a fluke.

So I can't play the "if" game bubba, but you can? :rolleyes:

Had we kicked a field goal against you in game 1, you would have been 3-7 at one point.

I'll give you that anybody can have "ifs and buts" in terms of thier season. But I just find it hilarious how all of you get so upset at sportswriters for not showering your team with love. All the articles that people post that are negative towards the skins get attacked. Can't most of you step back and look at their team objectively?

Talk to me about the cowboys. I'll give you an objective analysis. But the majority of you guys can't do the same with your team.

also, If Dallas didn't get a automatic first down for a five yard illegal contact on 3rd and 21 against the Chargers, and If Brandon Jacobs doesn't fumble on the goal line for the giants, If the refs call holding on Tucker or KC makes the FG.......

see anyone can play "if"

Bubba, you also forgot the gift the Cowboys got from the Eagles in that MNF game. Not to mention the questionable officiating received in the Carolina game.

This is what kills me about the kicker argument from Cowboy fans. Gee, were the Cowboys forced to take a FG kicker against their will? Geez, the Redskins had to bring in guys off the street - Hall missed half the games and was never healthy the whole season. But the Cowboys are the only team that suffers from kicker problems.

They act like they weren't the beneficiaries of close calls themselves, or that maybe other teams had bounces go against them, too. All they needed was a few extra FGs and they would have been atop the league.

It's something I came to appreciate after Gibbs I. The better teams always seem to be "luckier" than the also-rans. Wonder why that is... :laugh:

No one is changing the subject so the laugh is on you. You will see who is better in the second week of the season . Let me see if you're still laughing by then but then again. You may not even come around.

yes someone changed the subject... he did! :laugh:

Classic !!!!

So you're going to say you "got healthy", and then went on a roll......but a team like the boys didn't get "injured", they just "tanked".

You could swim in the lake of hypocrisy you spew.

Except the Skins didn't get healthy.

No 2nd receiver.

Thomas goes out.

Portis playing hurt.

Brunell gets hurt.

Secondary never healthy in December and January.

And yet, they overcame and won 6 in a row. 3 against division rivals and a road playoff game against a top defense.

Their bye was in week 3. They were replacing guys on the fly for most of the season and still in classic Gibbs fashion, when "gutcheck" time came (December) that's when the Redskins shined.

If you think a field goal kicker,Terell Owens and their mercenary head coach will give the Cowboys the heart they clearly lack, you will once again find disappointment once December rolls around.

Talk to me about the cowboys. I'll give you an objective analysis. But the majority of you guys can't do the same with your team.

No, you can't. :no:

The very fact you said all the Cowboys needed was a kicker to make the playoffs (and, presumably, to do better than the Redskins did in the playoffs) means that you are NOT objective. So, go sell crazy someplace else.

Archived