Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Prisco's Latest Skins Bash

gchwood

You guys are so hard headed its unbelievable.

I'll tell you what. Take off your glasses and imagine the cowboys did the exact same thing in free agency that the skins did. What would you say now? Would you all be worried? Of course not. Prisco's analysis was right on. THose guys get paid to give their opinions, nothing more. What have you done in the last 10 years to warrant all the praise you think you should be getting? By getting a wild card berth and winning one game in the playoffs. You gained like 100 yards total offense in that game. Get over yourselves.

I love how all of you come back with........"Oh yeah, well the cowboys did squat"........argument. Its foolish. Prisco's article was on the skins, not the boys.

You all remind me of the kids in school who got bad grades and blamed it on the teacher because ......."they don't like me"...........grow up.

The Cowboys wouldn't do the same thing as the Skins, because they do not have Joe Gibbs making the decisions. I know they will be good players because Joe Gibbs says they will be good players. I could care less about any stats that they did up till now. Now they will learn from the greatest coach of all time. Gibbs can take his players and beat yours. And then take your players and beat his.

Lloyd - Malcontent in SF...not HERE...as published reports indicate

ARE - 35 catch guy...check...ignoring his role at PR, and versatility as slot receiver. A 35 catch guy is STILL an upgrade.

Carter - 13 sacks in 3 years...check - ignoring he was hurt and played out of position.

Archuleta - liability in coverage, check -ignoring that's not what he was signed for!

Our O-line - is not was KC's WAS...I would take teh Skins current line over the Cheifs current line, right now. Their line is getting old.

So no, it's NOT dead on. There are holes and facts that were blatanly ignored. So, again, you're wrong, jackoff.

Wow, those are some seriously bright burgandy goggles you're wearing.

But you still dance around the question that other folks has asked you in this thread. What in the hell has the Cowboys done in the last ten years . What make them so great that they are picked to get to the SB where they haven't made any major improvements. You continue to ignore questions concerning your sorry team why is that? Can you answer that for me i doubt it but I will be around to see your response.

Who has picked them to go to the superbowl? Salisbury? Big deal. Salisbury is a joke. I never said they would go to the superbowl. I don't think they will. I hope they do, but I wouldn't bet on it. Same with the skins. I wouldn't bet on them going either.

The whole damn thing is ridiculous. You want to know who wins the NFC East???? Whoever stays healthier. Every single team in the division could either win it all, or be in the cellar. For anyone to think otherwise is stupid.

Here are the answers to your silly questions.

What have the cowboys done in the last 10 years.

Answer.........Nothing. Same as the skins. A playoff game or two? WOW. Neither team has done crap. I fail to see how this question has any bearing on Prisco's article, but you seem really fixated on it, so there is my answer. You happy? Is there something there you want to argue about?

I fail to see how you think they havne't made improvements though. TO is definetely an improvement. Like him or not. Talentwise, he is second to none. Vanderjact? Most accurate kicker in NFL history. Compared to what we had last year, thats a pretty big improvement. We lost a minimum of 3 games last year because of missed 30 yarders. If getting Vandy isn't an improvement, I don't know what is.

Our defense is very young, going into the second year of the 3-4. Plus added some nice draft picks.

Also going to a 2 TE set, picked up a decent new TE in Fasano. Should help the O-line. Will it? I don't know that it will anymore than you know that it won't.

Any more questions?

Now they will learn from the greatest coach of all time. Gibbs can take his players and beat yours. And then take your players and beat his.

Maybe he should exchange some of his players for AFC players. He can't seem to beat those teams. What is he 0-8 since his return?

Greatest coach of all time??? :laugh:

I'll say this for him........He's the greatest "strike season" coach of all time. :silly:

Maybe he should exchange some of his players for AFC players. He can't seem to beat those teams. What is he 0-8 since his return?

Greatest coach of all time??? :laugh:

I'll say this for him........He's the greatest "strike season" coach of all time. :silly:

Can't think of anything to say. So "when in Rome"?

Yeah well like the Cowboys did great things in the off season:rolleyes: they picked up an self centered cancer stick TO big deal. The fact is you still have a weak secondary, can't stop anyone that has any resemblance of a running game. Hell the Rams ran the ball well against your sorry ass. You have an OL which is very suspect a running back that is soft as tissue oh yeah them Cowboys are great :rolleyes: . Get real will you.

Big Ray what happened to your avatar buddy? :(

Ill say this yet again Pete Prisco is a COMPLETE ignorant fool. I listen to his stupidity daily here in Jville and believe me he knows less than he thinks he knows. Rest assured anyhting he says is garbage. He picked Detroit to win the superbowl last year for christ sakes.

Who has picked them to go to the superbowl? Salisbury? Big deal. Salisbury is a joke. I never said they would go to the superbowl. I don't think they will. I hope they do, but I wouldn't bet on it. Same with the skins. I wouldn't bet on them going either.

The whole damn thing is ridiculous. You want to know who wins the NFC East???? Whoever stays healthier. Every single team in the division could either win it all, or be in the cellar. For anyone to think otherwise is stupid.

Here are the answers to your silly questions.

What have the cowboys done in the last 10 years.

Answer.........Nothing. Same as the skins. A playoff game or two? WOW. Neither team has done crap. I fail to see how this question has any bearing on Prisco's article, but you seem really fixated on it, so there is my answer. You happy? Is there something there you want to argue about?

I fail to see how you think they havne't made improvements though. TO is definetely an improvement. Like him or not. Talentwise, he is second to none. Vanderjact? Most accurate kicker in NFL history. Compared to what we had last year, thats a pretty big improvement. We lost a minimum of 3 games last year because of missed 30 yarders. If getting Vandy isn't an improvement, I don't know what is.

Our defense is very young, going into the second year of the 3-4. Plus added some nice draft picks.

Also going to a 2 TE set, picked up a decent new TE in Fasano. Should help the O-line. Will it? I don't know that it will anymore than you know that it won't.

Any more questions?

Whatever, Who has picked the Cowboys to go almost every single damn so call expert TO this TO that has picked them to go the superbowl. You haven't not made any major improvements you still have a weak secondary that can't cover you fans are delusional if you think they can. You still can't stop the run and you didn't make any major improvements on the OL.

You fans kill me when are you going to wake up and realize that big names do not make your team better oh wow you have TO so automatically you are the best team in the NFC East give me a break . I have seen it from you and other fans in here believing the hype so who is the foolish one ?

C'mon THA, you have to have something to say........

This is what I'll say. It's very natural for you guys do to get defensive about articles like this but it shouldn't really warrant getting your panties in a bunch about it. WOU added alot of fuel to the fire but the topic at hand was the article itself and the skins FA. Some of you simply attacked him and what the Cowboys have done in the last decade which comes off as so paranoid. It's like some of you guys treat harmless Cowboy fan remarks and opinionated shots from the media as life or death over here and I can never quite figure it out. If you know the Boys will suck and that writers like this are idiots why not relax and let your team do the talking? I realize this is a message board but folks tend to get way too sensitive. As far as the article, I don't think every writer has an obligation to be impressed with the skins. Some might see your 5 game run as flukish? On paper every addition may appear to be an upgrade but success from one season to the next isn't always this simple to guage. I'm excited to watch how it all unfolds.

This is what I'll say. It's very natural for you guys do to get defensive about articles like this but it shouldn't really warrant getting your panties in a bunch about it. WOU added alot of fuel to the fire but the topic at hand was the article itself and the skins FA. Some of you simply attacked him and what the Cowboys have done in the last decade which comes off as so paranoid. It's like some of you guys treat harmless Cowboy fan remarks and opinionated shots from the media as life or death over here and I can never quite figure it out. If you know the Boys will suck and that writers like this are idiots why not relax and let your team do the talking? I realize this is a message board but folks tend to get way too sensitive. As far as the article, I don't think every writer has an obligation to be impressed with the skins. Some might see your 5 game run as flukish? On paper every addition may appear to be an upgrade but success from one season to the next isn't always this simple to guage. I'm excited to watch how it all unfolds.

Now THAT'S what I wanted, just something level-headed, is that so wrong? :laugh:

I kinda agree with THA here. Too many people take this stuff too personal. I mean, this clown didn't go in depth at all. He makes all his statements at face value. For instance he points out Carter's drop in sack production, but fails to acknowledge his back injury, the switch from a 4-3 to a 3-4 and the fact that he'll be playing in a top ten defense this year. Prisco loves to rile Redskins fans up and it works like a charm around here. I don't even pay attention to him. He's just backround noise to me.

You haven't not made any major improvements

Seriously, are you really thinking when you say this. I would bet my last dollar that YOU couldn't name 3 of our draft picks or three of our FA's not named T.O. or Vanderjagt WITHOUT looking it up right now..... and no don't respond later... we'll just keep it between us..

you still have a weak secondary that can't cover you fans are delusional if you think they can.

2005 Pass Defense

#10 Wash 192.6 15 TD's 16Int's 35 sacks

#11 DAl 192.7 18 TD's 15Int's 37 sacks

Something tells me that if we lost RW, Newman and Henry tommorow they would be considered all world in your eyes and on this board.

So tell me Ray, what have we done this offseason to become WORSE in this area seperating ourselves even "further" from your great secondary?

You still can't stop the run

#13 Wash 105.4ypg 15TD's 11 (20+) 4.1

#15 Dal 108.2ypg 13TD's 7 (20+) 4.2

Once again, what did we do to become WORSE than your "much better" run defense?

I kinda agree with THA here. Too many people take this stuff too personal. I mean, this clown didn't go in depth at all. He makes all his statements at face value. For instance he points out Carter's drop in sack production, but fails to acknowledge his back injury, the switch from a 4-3 to a 3-4 and the fact that he'll be playing in a top ten defense this year. Prisco loves to rile Redskins fans up and it works like a charm around here. I don't even pay attention to him. He's just backround noise to me.

Armchair man.. as I was reading yet another skins vs. Boys debate here I started to think if the rivalry has reached another apex if not the potential to be even greator? You're old enough to appreciate the first Gibbs era and I know were not there yet but think about it. The tension between skins vs. Boys seems to be at an all time high. Even a die hard skins fan had to have a little uncertainty (even if slight given recent history) before last season in terms of beating the Cowboys and the "here we go again" thoughts 55 minutes into our first meeting. My point is this year skins fans have renewed confidence and of course we haven't lost ours and everything seems to be set up for both teams to be competitive again with great coaches. The rivalry hasn't been great again since the advent of the internet and the explosion of the now 24/7 sports media. Do you think the rivalry has the potential to be more intense now than ever?

Armchair man.. as I was reading yet another skins vs. Boys debate here I started to think if the rivalry has reached another apex if not the potential to be even greator? You're old enough to appreciate the first Gibbs era and I know were not there yet but think about it. The tension between skins vs. Boys seems to be at an all time high. Even a die hard skins fan had to have a little uncertainty (even if slight given recent history) before last season in terms of beating the Cowboys and the "here we go again" thoughts 55 minutes into our first meeting. My point is this year skins fans have renewed confidence and of course we haven't lost ours and everything seems to be set up for both teams to be competitive again with great coaches. The rivalry hasn't been great again since the advent of the internet and the explosion of the now 24/7 sports media. Do you think the rivalry has the potential to be more intense now than ever?

For me it's at an all time high. :)

To me the internet has been the one of the best things to happen to football ever. Not only do I get to discuss my Redskins with people who are just as if not moreso obsessed than me, but I get to talk all kinds of trash to other NFC East fans. It's great. I've learned a whole lot about football in the last couple of years. Opposing views help you gain a better perspective on things. That and Bubba's screen caps :laugh:

Really where I'm at, there's only a small percentage of people that even care about football. Even if they do, it never seems like they care as much as me. I guess I'm addicted. I mean, I'm on here like every day, even in the offseason. I used to be able to forget about football during the summer and just pick it up once TC began. Now it's year round.

As a Redskins fan I can't wait to prove all these naysayers wrong (people like you THA ;) . These same people who said Joe Gibbs should go back to Nascar because the game has passed him by. That he can't function in the salary cap era. People who said we'd go 4-12 or 6-10 in his second year back even though he's a HOF coach.

Joe Gibbs winning the SB after a 12 year absence with all the changes that happened in the league in the meantime would be one of the greatest achievements ever in the NFL. I don't think anybody could argue that.

That's what I'm looking forward to.

That and being able to brag about another SB to rival fans on message boards. :silly:

Archived