Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sirius NFL Radio 2:00 Drill: 'Skins Interested in OT Adam Meadows

redskns21

The best part about this whole story is how Meadows gave the Panthers their money back because he couldn't perform up to his contract. Pretty high character guy, any team who brings him in will be happy to have him in their locker room...

:notworthy

If he can even get close to his previous level of play that would be a huge pickup for us. He hasn't played in a couple of seasons so you have to be worried whether he can come all the way back. But if he is able to come back near the level he was previously he would provide solid, veteran depth that we are lacking.

Why would anyone be against this?

Ok negative nancy's, lets have it. :)

Okay I'll play devil's advocate. He hasn't played in two seasons and has had chronic shoulder problems. He is 32 years old. There are other teams interested so we might have to pay higher than we would like.

That's all I got. What it comes down to is basically how much money are we willing to commit.

Okay I'll play devil's advocate. He hasn't played in two seasons and has had chronic shoulder problems. He is 32 years old. There are other teams interested so we might have to pay higher than we would like.

That's all I got. What it comes down to is basically how much money are we willing to commit.

:laugh: Well, at least those were legitimate concerns. But I think that bringing him in for depth at vets min. wouldn't be a bad idea.

Another question, is how much is left in the coffers (under the cap) and remembering that we may need some for emergencies.

Looks like Denver won the bidding war, 400k for a guy who hasn't played football in 2 years...wow....can you tell we were interested???:laugh: Your welcome Adam:laugh:

-- Broncos Sign Meadows --

Sat Jul 29, 2006 --from FFMastermind.com

ESPN's Len Pasquarelli reports OL Adam Meadows' return to the NFL became official on Saturday evening when the seven-year veteran offensive lineman signed a three-year contract with the Denver Broncos. The hastily-negotiated deal with the Broncos came after Meadows, who was reinstated by the NFL on Monday and then released from his contract with the Carolina Panthers the next day, visited in recent days with the Atlanta Falcons, New Orleans Saints and Green Bay Packers. Meadows also drew varying degrees of interest from several other clubs, including Dallas, Washington and Miami. It is believed that New Orleans and Green Bay made Meadows formal contract offers. The Broncos were a late entry into the Meadows pursuit. Complete financial details of the contract were not yet available. But the contract, which was negotiated by Don Henderson over the last 24 hours, has a $400,000 signing bonus and a base salary for 2006 of $850,000. It also includes several escalators, most of them based on playing time, that could increase the total value by increasing the base salaries for 2007 and 2008. "He loved the city, loved [coach Mike] Shanahan, and really felt comfortable with their blocking scheme," Henderson said. "He could have made more money somewhere else, but Denver, in Adam's mind, had the right combination."

Archived