Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Triple X Radio on Macintosh Computers broken?

worstSeat

Anyone tried listening to Triple X Radio's web stream on a Mac, specifically OS X? I haven't been able to get it working, so I've missed every Riggo Show to date, dang it.

Doesn't look like I'm going to get much help from the mothership either...

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

jeffwyatt@redzebrabroadcasting.com

Technical details of permanent failure:

PERM_FAILURE: SMTP Error (state 9): 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for jeffwyatt@redzebrabroadcasting.com

flip4mac works for me on 10.4.7 on Intel. (Sort of)

It is choppy. I actually get better performance running an XP box in parallels and using the ms media player that way. That works great (very smooth on a macbook pro), so I just keep an XP parallels box minimized for when I need a skins video or radio fix. :)

I really wish they would produce a podcast instead. That would be awesome.

I've had it up and running on a couple of Macs running 10.4...I don't have the Flip4Mac installed (had some problems with it early on, and gave up). It seems to run OK with whatever last version of Media Player I have installed for Safari.

Pleasantly surprised to find so many Mac-heads here, I must say!

I've had it up and running on a couple of Macs running 10.4...I don't have the Flip4Mac installed (had some problems with it early on, and gave up). It seems to run OK with whatever last version of Media Player I have installed for Safari.

Hrm. WMP freezes whenever I try to start it (iBook G4 with 10.4.7), stand-alone or in browser. Flip4Mac buffers, as I said, but that's it. Bam. Nuttin.

Anyone getting Flip4Mac WMV working on PowerPC? I did try VLC, but got an error that the server was denying the request from the URL I pulled out of the TripleX player's source html.

Still not nearly as many as those who were interested in hearing that McIntosh might have signed! ;^)

Yeah. Maybe people are buying into the fact that macs are easy to use, run smoothly, and have better virus protection, and they come with the software you need to run it out of the box. Mine runs great (G5 imac 10.4.7 Tiger). I can listen to triple X espn on mine but haven't had the chance to hear riggins show, is it any good?

Archived