Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN.com - Best Monday Night Football moment

gostanford

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/ballot?event_id=2350

Anyone notice anything missing from that list?

THE SKINS COMING BACK FROM BEING DOWN VS. THE COWBOYS 0-13 ON MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 19, 2005.

Another example of ESPN shunning the Skins... seriously... I'm gonna start watching Comcast Sports Net 24/7.. its just terrible

EDIT: I just looked at it again... the only two times they have the redskins are

1. Getting beaten by the Cowboys Sept 5, 1983

2. Joe Theismann's notorious leg break Nov 18, 1985

more proof...

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/ballot?event_id=2350

THE SKINS COMING BACK FROM BEING DOWN VS. THE COWBOYS 0-13 ON MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 19, 2005.

Another example of ESPN shunning the Skins... seriously... I'm gonna start watching Comcast Sports Net 24/7.. its just terrible

EDIT: I just looked at it again... the only two times they have the redskins are

1. Getting beaten by the Cowboys Sept 5, 1983

2. Joe Theismann's notorious leg break Nov 18, 1985

more proof...

Holy ****. The BEST!!!

Somebody gets a broken leg, and John Lennon gets killed!!?? That's considered the "BEST"? I guess 9/11 was the ****ing greatest day ever! These people are serioiusly warped to have those as options.

It truly goes down as one of the best games of my life, which was watched alone.

It all started at the beginning of the year with my committment to finally get a widescreen. Now I am a shopper and planner, and will check every store thrice(3X). Finally landing on a DLP, Samsung 56" at Costco for $500 less then CC or BB. It took me into week two to get the funds together and I took that Monday off at 3:00 to have ample time for pick-up and hook-up time.

I of course wore a Skins jersey the whole day and was in and out of HD and Lowes enduring looks and snears. By the time I got to Costco I was amped to say the least, finally the day came when I was getting my big TV. My heart raced, my wallet was buldging with Ben's. Upon entering the store I saw a guy that I had discussed this purchase with too many times prior. He was a nice guy in his 60's (Frank) and he saw the Redskins jersey and said with an all knowing grin, "Well today is the day, huh. I said "You got that right"

Frank helped me get all the info to go pay for the TV and said while I was paying he would get some help to load it in my truck. Upon returning with the reciept he was waiting with a young guy and a flat bed. The guy and myself got the 80lb big box onto the flat bed and headed for the door. Throughout the whole day I was getting these wierd looks, of course I was dressed as though I was attending the game. And knowing that this part of Fla. has plenty of Cowboy fans, I just did not care, I had my TV.

After exiting the store, I noticed that the guy that was helping me kept snickering and looking at Frank with a funny look on his face. When I closed the tailgate with my TV safely ready for travel, I could not help but wonder what the heck the deal was with this guy. After one last snicker, I said, "Hey dude, what it so funny?". He turned and said, "Well isn't it going to suck when the Cowboys beat the Redskins again and you wasted all this money?" (He knew I was really riding a high point, obviously)---So for once, I actually slowed down and thought for a second and replied---Well, you know when I wake up, win or lose I will still have this TV, BUT you will still be a Cowboy fan-and that is your F******* problem. I thought the older guy was going to fall out, it was like a scene from a movie.

BTW, I stayed awake, actually did not get mad and enjoyed my new TV the whole game, especially :applause: at the end. I went back the next day, and again fully dressed in garb, but the older gent said the guy saw me coming and hide in the back. I never say him there again, but I still see my man Frank. In fact I saw him today.

I know that was long, but probably more than worth sharing. :laugh: :dallasuck :laugh:

It truly goes down as one of the best games of my life, which was watched alone.

It all started at the beginning of the year with my committment to finally get a widescreen. Now I am a shopper and planner, and will check every store thrice(3X). Finally landing on a DLP, Samsung 56" at Costco for $500 less then CC or BB. It took me into week two to get the funds together and I took that Monday off at 3:00 to have ample time for pick-up and hook-up time.

I of course wore a Skins jersey the whole day and was in and out of HD and Lowes enduring looks and snears. By the time I got to Costco I was amped to say the least, finally the day came when I was getting my big TV. My heart raced, my wallet was buldging with Ben's. Upon entering the store I saw a guy that I had discussed this purchase with too many times prior. He was a nice guy in his 60's (Frank) and he saw the Redskins jersey and said with an all knowing grin, "Well today is the day, huh. I said "You got that right"

Frank helped me get all the info to go pay for the TV and said while I was paying he would get some help to load it in my truck. Upon returning with the reciept he was waiting with a young guy and a flat bed. The guy and myself got the 80lb big box onto the flat bed and headed for the door. Throughout the whole day I was getting these wierd looks, of course I was dressed as though I was attending the game. And knowing that this part of Fla. has plenty of Cowboy fans, I just did not care, I had my TV.

After exiting the store, I noticed that the guy that was helping me kept snickering and looking at Frank with a funny look on his face. When I closed the tailgate with my TV safely ready for travel, I could not help but wonder what the heck the deal was with this guy. After one last snicker, I said, "Hey dude, what it so funny?". He turned and said, "Well isn't it going to suck when the Cowboys beat the Redskins again and you wasted all this money?" (He knew I was really riding a high point, obviously)---So for once, I actually slowed down and thought for a second and replied---Well, you know when I wake up, win or lose I will still have this TV, BUT you will still be a Cowboy fan-and that is your F******* problem. I thought the older guy was going to fall out, it was like a scene from a movie.

BTW, I stayed awake, actually did not get mad and enjoyed my new TV the whole game, especially :applause: at the end. I went back the next day, and again fully dressed in garb, but the older gent said the guy saw me coming and hide in the back. I never say him there again, but I still see my man Frank. In fact I saw him today.

I know that was long, but probably more than worth sharing. :laugh: :dallasuck :laugh:

Great story man!! I just hope the old guy will still be hiding in the back this year!! (we gotta beat the cowgirls!!!)

Haha, awesome story :applause:

heck yes that was worth sharing. Im glad that that happened to you. That must have made the game that much sweeter :cheers:

I mean, to me, the 14-13 victory is one of the best games i've ever witnessed. But let's step back for a minute. For most impartial football fans, this is probably a game where they saw dallas dominate for 55 minutes and a lucky redskins teams hit 2 late strikes to steal a win (assuming they even saw it as most people went to bed). As an overall game (from the general public's perspective), it's not one of the best, but as a redskins fan - those 4 minutes were some of the most exciting i've experienced.

I give you out of town die hard fans props. Its not easy being hardcore redskins out of state. Awesome story.

Great read thanks for sharing :) :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

As far as the initial post...what do we expect? Redskins highlights are specifically used to belittle the team not to praise it. That's just the way it is. I love that we are hardly mentioned for achievements and often passed over. Keep it up, it's fuel for the fire ;)

HTTR!

I give you out of town die hard fans props. Its not easy being hardcore redskins out of state. Awesome story.

:coach: I am the leader of the small group, and have met many a great fan, especially the older ones who have great stories of the early days. But yeah in general we are out numbered here in Florida by Dallas fans, who are mostly little kids, grandmas and illegals-

Thanks for all the nice comments on my story. I can't help but think of it everyday when turning on my 56"DLP. Man was that kid mad :tantrum:

This seems like a good thread to reference rule #11:

11. Please do not use the “Quote” feature to quote huge blocks of text or pictures. If you would like to respond to the contents of a particular post, simply quote the sentence or idea that you're commenting upon, not necessarily the entire post. It wastes space on the database and unnecessarily extends and clutters threads.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/announcement.php?f=24

ESPN has truly entered into the realm of the pathetic. They were once the unquestioned masters of the sports media universe. Now, they are nothing more than a Disney-bought, generic corporate machine with flat, company-line, regurgitated opinions that any half-drunk couch potato could congure up.

ESPN has truly entered into the realm of the pathetic. They were once the unquestioned masters of the sports media universe. Now, they are nothing more than a Disney-bought, generic corporate machine with flat, company-line, regurgitated opinions that any half-drunk couch potato could congure up.

well put sir... ill be watching NFL Total Access on NFL Network for football news this season

Definately last years Dallas/Skins game on Monday night! We were down, I went home, drunk, depressed............no hope at all.

Deep pass, catch Moss, TD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my best friend who is a Dallas fan calls me, giving props...............good catch he says, way to go.

I am still bitter.........hating life.

Deep pass, catch Moss..........splits the defenders........TD!!!!!!!!!!!

Pumped as ****ing hell.

My boy calls me again, like holly **** you just won! no eff'in way!

Archived