Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mike Williams v Carlos Rogers

SkinsTillIDie

Well, whos to say Williams wouldn't be a good fit for us? I mean I think he'd be a solid possession #2 next to Moss.

'Course I love Rogers now. Just saying, the Lions are a mess....

I'm sure Williams would be a decent 6th reciever for us, after Moss, Lloyd, Randle-El, Patten, and Thrash.

I am more than happy with Carlos, he is going to be a great #1 CB in the league in a few seasons...he has all the tools, size, speed, physicality and smarts...no one in the league would swap rogers for williams presently. well maybe matt millen.

Mike Williams is really the total opposite of what Gibbs wants in a receiver.

That fact that people on here still think he'd do well here tells me we have some fans who don't understand Gibbs and what he wants in his offense.

Williams is a lazy turd, has no character, shows up late to meetings, is always fat and out of shape, and is the size of a tight end. All total opposite traits of the prototypical Gibbs wideout.

OK.. hears a thought... the Lions releases Mike Williams and we give him a tryout on the conditions that he gets into shape, changes his attitude.. and gives a better effort... Pre-requisites to be in Gibbs inner circle.... I think the Lions just turned him sour.. and I think he can be salvage for now.. but I wouldn't give him bundles of money... league min... if it works out and he works i.e. USC days.. then reward him...

I am more than happy with Carlos, he is going to be a great #1 CB in the league in a few seasons...he has all the tools, size, speed, physicality and smarts...no one in the league would swap rogers for williams presently. well maybe matt millen.

I'm not clear what makes a #1 corner with you?

Carlos started the last few games last year including the playoff games and he pretty much shut down his guy. It was Ryan Clark that got beat for the go ahead TD in the Seattle game.

You can take that stance if you like, but I see Carlos Rogers as one of the better starting corners in the league right now, and perhaps a pro bowl candidate by the end of the year, depending on how the pass rush is.

I'm not clear what makes a #1 corner with you?

Carlos started the last few games last year including the playoff games and he pretty much shut down his guy. It was Ryan Clark that got beat for the go ahead TD in the Seattle game.

You can take that stance if you like, but I see Carlos Rogers as one of the better starting corners in the league right now, and perhaps a pro bowl candidate by the end of the year, depending on how the pass rush is.

hmmm okay...I wouldnt say he is one of the better corners in the league...but to each his own...carlos will be there soon enough, but springs usually covers the opponents best reciever when the two are on the field together.

You know I used to think coming out that mike williams would be a great receiver, but upon further review I think that he is more of a tight end. He just doesn't have the speed to separate from the coverage. I think that he would be better served as a TE. In the end I am glad that we got carlos rogers. I have to say that I was one of those people who was yelling saying we should have mike williams. I should just do the costanza method of doing the opposite of what my instincts are.

I was definitely glad that we didn't draft that malcontent winslow. I didn't care for his sullen attitude at all. Besides, we have cooley and that is all that matters. Plus we got him for a whole lot less than what the browns got winslow. Look at their return for winslow vs our return for cooley. In the stock market that would be a real steal.

this sounds like complete BS but i honestly want ST ever since the rainy debachle at Doak, and i was worried sick they would go winslow. i was doing back flips when they said ST!!!! I knew we would go CB although i was wanting a DE (honestly cant remember who right now) and hoping that matt jones would fall to us in the second....before all the pub. of the 3 corners i wanted carlos, i was terrified pac man would be the pick, and i wasnt sure rolle would be the best coverage guy. i am thrilled that these two picks were made.

in all fairness though i was very happy about drafting westbroke so i am not claiming to be all knowing or anything

MIke Williams seems to need an attitude adjustment. I think it's too early to call the guy a total flop. He's still young, and probably has the potential to be a good receiver if he ever gets that attitude adjustment. All things being even, Carlos Rogers was the right pick. I have a lot of confidence in our front office.:applause:

The real thing is not Mike Williams, I would argue that his problems have not just been who's throwing him the ball - he apparently has a horrible work ethic and I heard rumors that he was clocking in at a 4.70 on a 40 yard dash this past spring. That is bad. I'm sure he's just out of shape though.

The real thing is Shawn Merriman, but we all know why we didn't draft him... Lavar Arrington.

Oh well, I really believe Carlos will be the 2nd best defensive player in that draft, and at CB that is hard to come by. I'm a big fan, he won me over the first time he laid a hit on Shaun Alexander.

edit: Plus we could end up with Mike Williams if Detroit cuts him anyway... wouldn't that be hilarious? :laugh: Gibbs could get his ass in line :2cents:

Mike Williams has had Jeff Garcia and Joey Harrington throwing the ball to him, in his defense.

yeah true, when you go from matt leinart and carson palmer to jeff garcia and joey harrington...somethings gonna give.

i still like the kid but i am very happy with carlos.

The kid gets fined $400,000 last season for not maintaining his weight and for being late for meetings. Doesnt sound like a Gibbs player to me...and to think I hurled a chicken wing at the TV when we passed on him to take Rogers. Couldnt be happier with future CB!

Archived