Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Favorite Current Redskin...

mcarey032

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

This thread may have already been done, but when I did a search I was unable to access it. Who is your favorite current redskin on the roster? I would have to say that mine would have to be Chris Cooley. He reminds me a lot of how John Riggins played the game. He never gives up when he has the ball and he gives you great second effort, which the diesel always used to do. Also he seems to catch everything thrown his way.

I would also like to mention my other favorites 2) Sean Taylor 3) Santana Moss 4) Clinton Portis 5) Marcus Washington 6) Shawn Springs 7) Jon Jansen 8) Mark Brunell 9) Chris Samuels 10) Cornelius Griffin. How does your list break down?

I didn't include any free agents in my list because they haven't played one full season with the redskins. It would be like having michael barrow as one of my favorite redskins.

For me, it's Marcus Washington on D, and Santana on O, but MW overall because he's such a Gibbs guy and class act. I remember he only had a few minutes to get into FedEx but he took the time to sign my Skins hat and other fans stuff proudly. Santana because well... 4th quarter in Dallas ring a bell?:notworthy:dallasuck:point2sky

Well, I only own two jerseys; a white 36 Taylor, and a burgandy Cooley- so they're obviously two of my favorites. I love Taylors "never quit" attitude, he was one of the only guys still playing his heart out in that first Giants game debacle last year, even the commentators mentioned that. And there's really no need to explain why anyone should like Cooley.

Outside of the big fan favorites though, I also really like Rogers and Lemar Marshall. I'm incredibly cised for Rogers this season, after seeing him come on strong last year and do things like dominate Drew Brees, help break up a huge TD against the Bucs in the playoffs, and nearly pick one against Seattle and take it to the house. I think he's really going to take over this year, and probably become the top corner on our team. And Marshall was just a stud last season, guy was all over the field and with his college experience at safety, he's fast enough to cover pretty well and make key interceptions, but he also can make big hits when necessary, he's smart, and I can respect someone making it like he has after not even being drafted.

In this order:

Mark Brunell-- A class act. Prime example of how making good decisions with the football and being a calm leader can win games.

Sean Taylor--The ultimate safety. Pro-Bowler for years to come. I've never seen anyone so consistently dominate the game. Nobody, and I mean nobody, throws deep over the middle when he's back there. And if they do, the receivers are so scared of his hitting ability they don't even put their hands up. Makes big plays and forces turnovers even though offenses are specifically trying to avoid him. Plays with great ferocity.

Clinton Portis-- A coaches dream. A running back willing to change his style for the coach. He could seriously threaten the career rushing record if he keeps up this ridiculous 1500yds a year pace. Remember, he got a head start since he's so young. Funny guy, loose, but always shows up on gamedays and plays hard every play whether he has the ball or not. Loved him since his first carry as a Redskin. Hope never to see his last.

Santana Moss- Quiet, doesn't talk to the media or complain, but boy is he clutch. Wek 2 @ Dallas, home vs. Giants, that ricochet catch against Seattle in the playoffs... electrifying playaker with deep speed who also fearlessly goes over the middle and almost never drops a ball.

Shawn Springs--Unsung hero. Was the best CB in the league in 2004.

Adam Archuleta- Hard worker, self made player, hot wife...'nuff said.

Tough choice but on O I'd have to go with Santana, on D Marcus Washington as well. Both those cats could've been on any of the past Super Bowl teams. They are "Redskins". Cooley is up there too, that dude is old school. Its so hard to pick a favorite as I don't think there are any players on the team that I don't like or wish we didn't have...But I am glad that Sean Taylor is on our defense and that our players dont have to get destroyed by him in games.

I debated hard on this one and went with captain chaos, no frills just goes out and plays w/ a good sense of humor. speaking of humor gotta give CP his props too, Marcus Washington on D cause everytime you see him he's jumping up and down waiting for the next play. ST cause of the HIT FACTOR. Santana cause of the BIG PLAY FACTOR. and jansen cause how can you not like a guy who says stuff like "Obviously, I would rather play with 10 good fingers," Jansen said. "But four on each hand will do."

I voted for Sean Taylor on this one. for obvious reasons. CP is right up there with him because of what so many have stated before me; character, adaptability, blocking, rushing, passing and catching. The word that comes to mind is versitile. His humor and focus set him apart from alot of players IMHO.

Jon Jansen..... just a hard-nosed, old school player. Plays hurt, never complains, he's been here for many years, etc. Jansen is followed closely by Taylor, Cooley and Portis.

Well said! I agree 100% here...:applause:

I had never really thought of that question before. After some major soul searching I'd have to say Chris Cooley. Cooley came up big in the second Dallas game and hopefully it's a sign of things to come. Besides you could put him on the 84 roster and he'd fit right in easily.:D

Archived