Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tight End Depth Chart

NattyLight

OK, I'm a little confused as to the tight end structure we are running and NFL.com clearly has yet to update the depth chart for 2006.

I'm partly confused as to why the hell we brought Fauria in when we have Cooley (that just moved to TE), Sellers, and huge potential with Robert Johnson. Are we going to be running two TE sets? Can someone please explain to me the utility of Fauria?

For the same money I would've liked to see us get a FG kicker.

Thanks.

sellers is now back to his natural position of fullback. sellers will be the starting TE, fauria will come in on double TE sets and robert johnson is fighting for a roster spot

I think you meant to say/type that Cooley will be the starting TE.

Any reports on how Johnson looked in the OTA's and mini-camp...or am I overstating his potential?

I think his biggest potential is his size, but who makes the team depends on how many RB's they want to keep. - Sellers can most likely be depth at TE.

Johnson might have to battle White or Nemo or Lumsden for a roster spot.

I'd say that having the flexibility to run either a LEGIT 3-tight end set or a 4-wideout set is a good thing. A very good thing.

One thing I like about Sellers is that he can be a tremendous lead blocker out of the backfield AND legitimate block on the edge as a tight end. This gives even more flexibility because you come out with Sellers and Cooley and run either a 2 tight end set or an I-formation with a fullback. OR you can come out in one formation and switch when the defense reacts to the initial set.

I really wouldn't be concerned with labels or depth charts. I think this coaching staff will have a blast tinkering and changing things up.

This time of the year is crazy. There are alot of player i would like to see stay, but there isn't room to keep them all. Johnson has to gain some weight so you will only see him pre season or if fauria goes down. But you know sellers is going to be used more. I also read an interview from Al say he would like to see portis and betts on the field at the same time. Oh man if that is true think about the minds of the defense. Left right in the middle or the play action to moss for the deep ball. Everybody talks about the RB in KC that he may go for the 2000 mark. Hello you have a completely different offense. Sorry bro but your going to be lucky to get 1000. Portis is going 2000. We are stacked man, my heart beats burgandy and gold and this year man....this year.

Cooley is listed as a Tight End isnt he? at least he is in Yahoo Fantasy Football (not that it really means anything).
Yes, he will be the TE, and Fauria will be a blocking tight end on 2 TE sets most likely.

As for a FG kicker, I'm not really worried about Hall this season- he supposedly had surgery to fix his leg problem which was caused by a previously unknown injury, and he's spent the off-season training with the team to help keep his leg fresher for the season. Plus he probably won't be doing kickoffs it sounds like, so he should be just fine for FG's.

Archived