Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Did they just say what I think they said?....

WeThreeKingsRuleU

It was Tom Jackson that was knocking our free agents on offense and saying Snyder can buy players but he can't buy chemistry. Then golic reitterated that its a team game, you need chemistry.

I just laughed out loud. I really don't care anymore what they think. It's like they never have listend to one thing Gibbs has ever said about building team chemistry.

Come on now...it is a valid concern. One of the advantages last season was that ST and Clark had a chemistry going, and trusted eachother. How will that and Taylor's play be effected by a new SS in the mix? Only time will tell. Also, it takes time for a QB to get to know his new receivers, and what they can do.

Fortunately for us, Joe Gibbs is a teambuilder extraordinaire, and only picks guys who he thinks will mesh well. And Williams, I bet he could randomly pick 11 Extremeskins members and field a top 10 defense. :)

NFL live, Mike Golic:

"...however, Dan Snyder does not have enough money to buy team chemistry"

no team chemistry???

Did you watch the rest of the show? He finished the show in the "on the clock" segment by saying "the redskins improved greatly this offseason and Joe Gibbs will figure out a way to get the chemistry together." At least watch the whole show if you're going to call him out for bashing us.

Did you watch the rest of the show? He finished the show in the "on the clock" segment by saying "the redskins improved greatly this offseason and Joe Gibbs will figure out a way to get the chemistry together." At least watch the whole show if you're going to call him out for bashing us.

yea I heard that too. I think he said both things so he can be covered no matter what happens.

we got more chemistry then any team in nfc east.............

I agree..... we have virtually all of our starters back from last year, minus 2 new wide receivers and safety...

I doubt very many other teams can say the same thing.......

so WTF is he talking about?

we got more chemistry then any team in nfc east.............

I don't know, the eagles are coming off a big year loaded with team chemistry, the boys brought in the eagles chemist and the giants have the chemists brothers shock & plax.

you're right, the phone rang so I missed that part, but I agree he is just trying to cover his bases

now why he said it in the first place, I think I have a right to question him there

NFL live, Mike Golic:

"...however, Dan Snyder does not have enough money to buy team chemistry"

no team chemistry???

You're quote doesn't seem to insinuate that. He doesn't know, and doesn't claim to. We've gotten a bunch of new players, and how they get along is important.

That's just another example of a former football player turned unresearched hack spewing out tidbits of BS he heard someone else say.

Edited for bypassing profanity filters. If you HAVE to be profane to make a point, at least please try to keep it within the Rules.

Om

Come on now...it is a valid concern. One of the advantages last season was that ST and Clark had a chemistry going, and trusted eachother. How will that and Taylor's play be effected by a new SS in the mix? Only time will tell. Also, it takes time for a QB to get to know his new receivers, and what they can do.

Fortunately for us, Joe Gibbs is a teambuilder extraordinaire, and only picks guys who he thinks will mesh well. And Williams, I bet he could randomly pick 11 Extremeskins members and field a top 10 defense. :)

But it's not a concern that is unique to the Redskins which I believe is the point. Almost every team in the league had as much if not more turnover than we did. TO automatically makes the Cowboys a SB contender in most media members' eyes but why aren't there concerns about the Cowboys chemistry (and I'm not just talking about his personality)? TO has never played a down in anything but the WCO.

The Skins lost three starters this year, none of which you would call a veteran leader on the team. Lavar might have been at one point but not since Gibbs came to town. But even though we brought in quite a few guys we retained the old starters giving us some solid depth. The Cowboys lost Larry Allen, Dat Nguyen, Leroi Glover off the top of my head. They also lost Keyshawn and Dan Campbell.

Archived