McNair wears #9, Brunell #8

McNair went to Alcorn St., Brunell went to Washington

McNair is African-American, Brunell is Caucasian

McNair likes to fish, Brunell likes to hunt

McNair likes blue, Brunell likes Red

McNair says to-May-to, Brunell say to-Mah-to

McNair likes apples, Brunell likes oranges

enough comparison? :silly::D :laugh:

I dunno - I guess its just me, but the Raven's are the team I cheer for when they play someone else other than the Skins.

I have no problem with a rivalry between the Skins and them, the more rivalries the better.

I used to get into with my exgirlfriend's Dad all the time when I still lived in B-more, sticking up for the joke of a franchise that I loved while his had the fiercest defense I'd ever seen.

Oh well, those days are gone along with Bruce Smith and Deon Sanders, thank god.

Man Dan Snyder sucked for a while, I like him as an owner now - but he was an embarassment for a while there.

I have a lot of people at my job that love the Ravens and keep talking trash about how Mark Brunell sucks and Steve McNair is some much better. What is your take on the subject?

do you work at comcast sportsnet?

purple team.

I think it is funny how Baltimore fans hate us. A team we almost never play in the regular season.

Ask a Ravens fan,"What do you think of the Redskins?"

Reply: "I hate them, they suck!!!!!"

Ask a 'Skins fan,"What do you think of the Ravens?"

Reply: "I don't."

At least with throwing the ball. Lewis has obviously been a successful runner, even though last year he looked atrocious and out of place.

Jamal Lewis is not that good of a RB. Yea, he had the 2K season, but other than that what has he done. He has 6700 yards over 6 seasons while Portis has 5900 yards over 4 seasons, Portis also has 9 more TD's. I don't think Lewis broke 900 yds last season. As for Brunell V McNair, McNair is going to have no protection, and even when he has time, his only decent target is Heap. I like McNair, I just don't believe he will do anything this season.

:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

McNair is very good Quarterback. Just a few years ago, he was the league MVP with Peyton Manning. You can't ignore the fact that he's good. Now, he's very injury prone due to all the years of running and taking some monster HITS. Plus, his O-line wasn't good. It happens to everyone, eventually. He'll have decent success in B-more, plus he'll have a healthy Todd Heap and Derrick Mason (very underrated). But his O-line is still suspect, but Mike Anderson & Jamal Lewis will take some of the pressure off of him. Do agree with that his new Headcoach is garbage and should have been fired 2 years ago. This will be their coach's last year, if they don't have success.

As for "Scott" Mark Brunell, those stats are very similar. Brunell has done good for us this past year. After his first season, I wanted him gone. But he made a believer out of me. PLUS, I TRUST IN COACH GIBBS. A healthy Brunell is a very good QB. Last year, he wore down, but it happens. We need to keep him upright and we'll be fine. Both are good and I root for both to have success.

Besides, I got an autographed rookie card from Steve McNair, so i'm a little :excited: if he continues to have success.

Hail to the Redskins.

The Ravens could be a solid team if they were in the NFC North.

Too bad they're stuck in the AFC North. The Steelers are better. The Bengals are better re. of Palmer's health, and the Browns improved a ton and are going to be at least even if not better.

its funny, i am a native baltimorian and have lived here all of my life. Yet besides my love for the Skins, i happen to love D.C. Those who try to make a rivilary between the two towns are just ignorant. Unfortunately, i usually find that hate on the side of my fellow natives, which i believe stems from jealousy. But as far as the Ravens are concerned like others have said, its not so much the talent with this team, but its the lack of character i.e.(E. Reed, T. Suggs, R. Lewis) that is pulling this team down. Along with a coach that is too scared to hold them accountable. Its beyond the X's and O's.

you mean 1999. wasn't that seven years ago. Should the ravens have signed John Elway last year using that same logic?

why was he being ignorant again?

Actually McNair last took a team to the playoffs in 2002. It was also the last time he was actually surrounded with talent. Personally I think he'll do good in Baltimore. He's reuniting with his number 1 target from the Titans in Derrick Mason. He also has a decent running back in Jamal Lewis. I'm not convinced that Lewis is washed up yet, but we'll see. I would take McNair over Brunnell in a heartbeat.

Archived