Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nation's Capital Declares Crime Emergency

NattyLight

District of Columbia Police Chief Charles Ramsey declared a crime emergency in the city after Senitt, a volunteer for the potential presidential campaign of former Virginia Gov. Mark R. Warner, was killed.

Republicans working in the dark, out of the public eye and conducting illegal activiites again I see. :)

I will be visitng there this weekend :laugh: , sounds like I'll feel right at home with lowlifes out and about... I always wanted to see the Mall at night.

Might be more interesting than I thought :cool:

Yeah it is pretty sad. But the real issue is why is it a crime emergancy now that crime is reaching upper NW???? I guess 12 year olds gettting killed in SE doesn't warrant an emergancy. :doh: Sad sad world we live in.

actually they are more worried about all the attacks on the mall, it is more of an emergency right now since it is happening in public places

this is no joke, 12 to 14 people have been killed in a couple of weeks i think and there have been numerous muggins and assaults around the mall the past week, seems like the gangs have been breeding new recruits

These aren't gangsa perse .Just the run of the mill wannabe thugs jacking folks in large groups.

I am a little worried about this because things apear to be going back to the way that were when DC stood for Dodge City. Crime's always been in upper Northwest. I think you mean that it's becoming an issue now that it's reaching Upper Crust Northwest, on the western side of Georgia Avenue.

this is no joke, 12 to 14 people have been killed in a couple of weeks i think and there have been numerous muggins and assaults around the mall the past week, seems like the gangs have been breeding new recruits

Gangs? You're a funny dude. :doh:

I am a little worried about this because things apear to be going back to the way that were when DC stood for Dodge City. Crime's always been in upper Northwest. I think you mean that it's becoming an issue now that it's reaching Upper Crust Northwest, on the western side of Georgia Avenue.

Gangs? You're a funny dude. :doh:

These aren't gangsa perse .Just the run of the mill wannabe thugs jacking folks in large groups.

Sorry guys but I used to work in the sherrif office and it seems MS13 is trying to make their presense known in DC now and are initiating new recruits, they have figured out that in certain areas on the mall where the light is not good near the trees and sit and wait there to attack, to be able to get in one of these gangs you have to performed to impress.

If these are wannabe thugs then how are they getting away all the time, these attacks are not just happening out of the blue. The way they attack is most likely there are male and females involved and if they guy tries to fight them, they will kill him and then rape the girl, that is their trademark. Most likey one has a large knife and the other a gun etc...

Sorry guys but I used to work in the sherrif office and it seems MS13 is trying to make their presense known in DC now and are initiating new recruits, they have figured out that in certain areas on the mall where the light is not good near the trees and sit and wait there to attack, to be able to get in one of these gangs you have to performed to impress.

If these are wannabe thugs then how are they getting away all the time, these attacks are not just happening out of the blue. The way they attack is most likely there are male and females involved and if they guy tries to fight them, they will kill him and then rape the girl, that is their trademark. Most likey one has a large knife and the other a gun etc...

Well there you go. http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/s_351489.html

That would account for a lot of what happens in Langley Park and Adams Morgan, but as for the rest District itself I'm not sure if this is applicable. Several months ago there was a story of an elementary school aged child walking around Adams Morgan with a gun and threatening the residents of the area. This past Mother's day a good friend of my brother in law was beat to death by some people around Kennedy St. for looking at some dudes in the area the wrong way. Random stuff like that happens here. I've accepted that, but this article does make me wonder a bit about the second event.

Well there you go. Random stuff like that happens here. I've accepted that, but this article does make me wonder a bit about the second event.

yes but when it becomes a pattern it is no longer random, which has happened in dc around the mall and other places in this area

yes but when it becomes a pattern it is no longer random, which has happened in dc around the mall and other places in this area

Agreed! I am not sure if the crimes around that mall are isolated but they are tragic either way. If I were a betting woman I would bet that the persons responsible for these crimes are in some way affiliated with, if not a gang, a crew of some kind because the evidence is just to similar for each case.

Also, when I made the comment about upper NW earlier I should have indicated the mall as well. It seems pretty odd that now after crime has reached to more "desirable areas" it is a major issue. Don't get me wrong I am in no way shape or form suggesting that one crime is more excusable depending on the area. I am however saying that when 6 year old children starting getting killed by stray bullets, there was a crime emergency regardless of the ward. :2cents:

Archived