Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Got both the Rampage/Wand fights on my hard drive. Not a fan of streaming but it's great if you aint trying to DL big files.

Now I'm just obtaining a big batch of Chuck Liddell jams.

I hadn't seen either of them. Wandy really beat him bad in the fight I linked above. Was it more of the same in their other match?

If you have AIM I'd like for you to send if possible.

Alright, so the fight is tomorrow night. Predictions?\

I think Griffin wins in another battle with a decision.

I have no freaking idea who's going to win the Babalu/Lidell fight. I guess I'll pick Chuck since he's more used to the cage atmosphere, but honestly, Babalu has won his last 10 fights. This is going to be a hell of a fight. I hope.

I'm disappointed I won't get to see Wandy beat up on Chuck. We need to see more guys from the Pride come over, as there are some quality guys fighting over there.

Ah well, it it's meant to be it will happen.

On a side note, I wonder why the UFC has to negotiate anything with Pride, I wasn't under the assumption that Pride owned the rights to it's fighters.

Just saw the Babalu-Liddell fight. Didn't live up to the hype.

There was hype to this fight?

Babalu is clearly out matched as a fighter. Chuck is stronger, has a far superior stand up game, and knows the ground game just as well as anyone out there.

The forest fight was decent, I thought the other guy got that last round, but the judges gave Forest all three rounds.

Forest isn't ready for Chuck and he knows it, based on what he said after the fight, "When you see me stop fighting like this(puts his head down and swings wildly, very poor fighting style) then you'll know I'm ready."

This event wasn't anything special, no real good fights. But since there wasn't any big hyped up matches there wasn't a let down like that last event.

Wandy can get knocked out to Chuck is a freakin machine with those hands if you chase him he is gonna catch you, you have no chance unless your a supreme ground fighter who can keep him on the ground..

I hope they bring Wandy in because Chuck will punish Tito or Griffin and really who else would be a possible contender..

Whoever said Chuck has a GREAT ground game and is better than Babalu on the mat is kidding themselves. Babalu trains in BJJ. The reason Chuck is so great (besides the fact that he has monkey arms and can hit you from any angle) is because you CAN'T take him to the mat. He's a wrestler. But, if you could get him on the mat and keep him there, I'm sure that his submission skills are weak nowadays since he hasn't fought a fight like that in YEARS, if ever.

Chuck is a great champion, but not much fun to watch anymore. The UFC is going to have to stop showcasing his fights soon. KO's in the first minute aren't cutting it anymore. They better start signing EVERYONE from PRIDE. The UFC has loaned them fighters, and they have never reciprocated. F' Pride.

Whoever said Chuck has a GREAT ground game and is better than Babalu on the mat is kidding themselves. Babalu trains in BJJ. The reason Chuck is so great (besides the fact that he has monkey arms and can hit you from any angle) is because you CAN'T take him to the mat. He's a wrestler. But, if you could get him on the mat and keep him there, I'm sure that his submission skills are weak nowadays since he hasn't fought a fight like that in YEARS, if ever.

Chuck is a great champion, but not much fun to watch anymore. The UFC is going to have to stop showcasing his fights soon. KO's in the first minute aren't cutting it anymore. They better start signing EVERYONE from PRIDE. The UFC has loaned them fighters, and they have never reciprocated. F' Pride.

He is great on the mat, he is just as good as any other ground fighter.

In fact I'll say he is better due to the fact that you just can't keep him down.

He has been wrestling almost his whole life. If I'm not mistaken he did it through highschool and college.

Chuck's stronger than Babalu, and even if the fight went to the ground, I just don't see it going anywhere for Babalu.

You're tired of 1st round KO's????

That's the best kind of fight. I watched it at a sports bar and the place blew up with cheers when he dropped him on that uppercut.

Even during the replay it got a lot of reaction.

herrmag,

Looks like tito wants to fight Chuck again. I hope he prepares like no other for that fight.

I think this is a big mistake on Tito's part.

If I were him I would fight Forest again, and clearly beat him on the stand up game.

Tito needs a stand up game, it doesn't mean he has to use it the entire time, but he isn't going to be beat the top fighters on their feet.

Chuck likes his space. Use that against him and cut off the cage. Close him in a corner, out box him and then look for a shoot to take him down.

If he gets back up, do it all over again.

Chuck likes to throw that little "punchy" jab to try and get people to swing so he can counter.

In fact I'll say he is better due to the fact that you just can't keep him down.

He has been wrestling almost his whole life. If I'm not mistaken he did it through highschool and college.

Chuck's stronger than Babalu, and even if the fight went to the ground, I just don't see it going anywhere for Babalu.

You're tired of 1st round KO's????

That's the best kind of fight. I watched it at a sports bar and the place blew up with cheers when he dropped him on that uppercut.

Even during the replay it got a lot of reaction.

I think we're talking apples and oranges. Chuck is a good wrestler, no doubt (although certainly not on Couture's and/or Matt Hughes level). Hell, I might even put that Tito has a better ground game than Chuck. Babalu is MUCH more lethal than Chuck on the mat. The reason Chuck is SO GOOD, is because you can't get him on the mat, and if you do, he gets right up. Getting to your feet doesn't equate to having a great ground game. It just means you can escape. If he sat in his guard, there's mulitple fighters in the UFC that would beat him. Jeremy Horn comes to mind right away.

As for 1st round knockouts; yes, they're great for the casual fan, but I'd like to see some actual skill. Everyone fights Chuck the same way. They get clocked, charge him, he steps back and knocks them out. It's gotten old. I cannot for the life of me figure out why nobody has ever come up with a different gameplan. I take that back, Jeremy Horn did. He would get clocked, and then drop to his guard. Rinse and repeat. Until he couldn't see anymore and had to quit.

As for Tito; if there is one fighter in the Lightheavyweight division that *could* put Chuck on his back, it's probably him. He's much stronger than Chuck. His standup is not on par with Lidell's, but then again, nobody's is. In their first fight, Tito said he was going to try and stand up with Chuck. Obviously, that's a stupid mistake, and one he won't make again. I think this is the only logical match for Chuck unless Pride allows Silva to fight.

Chuck likes his space. Use that against him and cut off the cage. Close him in a corner, out box him and then look for a shoot to take him down.

If he gets back up, do it all over again.

Chuck likes to throw that little "punchy" jab to try and get people to swing so he can counter.

Talking about putting chuck on the ground, and actually doing it are two totally seperate entities if you ask me.

:laugh:

Tito has above average ground game, and is a quick shooter so if he does improve his stand up I think tito could take chuck. He's gotta box smart, though, and wait his turn, not come out chasing like babalu did. Of course even Babalu said he was gonna get chuck on the ground, and what did he do? Ran right into chucks right hand.

Just a reminder that this thread is here, and that I think the mods would prefer we stick to one......But, I could be wrong. :)

My bad. Didn't see it. Should have searched :doh:

Can not be serious. If Babalu got Chuck down and Chuck tried to fight a ground game instead of pop back up, Babalu would tap him in a minute. Chuck's only "ground skill" is getting back up. He has never shown any submission or GNP skills. Those are what make a fighter a good "ground fighter" Chuck's only submission victory of his career was against a guy who is 0-2 in MMA. I am not impressed.

Talking about putting chuck on the ground, and actually doing it are two totally seperate entities if you ask me.

:laugh:

Tito has above average ground game, and is a quick shooter so if he does improve his stand up I think tito could take chuck. He's gotta box smart, though, and wait his turn, not come out chasing like babalu did. Of course even Babalu said he was gonna get chuck on the ground, and what did he do? Ran right into chucks right hand.

Rampage put Chuck down.

You are right on about Tito. He can do it if he is patient. Problem is that I don't know another fighter that is more paitient than Chuck. He never seems to stray from his game plan.