Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Sucks for Story as well. He is in a virtual no win situation against Charlie Brennemen. If he smashes him, he was supposed to and it doesn't move him any further up the rankings. If he struggles, he loses some shine (kinda like Ellenberger did when he struggled against Rocha).

Edited by StillUnknown

Yeaa it was obviously the weight cut that ****ed with Nate, hours before weigh-ins. Bad for Story, good news for Pat Barry and Kongo.

on the other hand, i'm sure Dana & crew are lining Story's pockets with a little something extra for still fighting :ols:

---------- Post added June-25th-2011 at 05:02 PM ----------

Nate done ****ed up

Edited by StillUnknown

this was on a forum from a guy that was posting his pics from the weigh ins:

Deleted Nate post Hopefully this doesn't get deleted or get me banned:

I was at the weigh-ins today, it was awesome and I'll have picks up later. I learned of Nate being out of the main event when it was announced about a minute before the weigh-ins started.

After the weigh-ins Dana was cool enough to stay for a while and sign autographs for almost everyone that wanted them. I pushed my way to the front hoping to get a picture since for some reason I didn't bring a pen or anything to sign.

While signing an autograph a lady directly in front of me asked Dana "Why is Nate Marquart out of the Main Event?" Dana replied "He failed a test." She asked "What kind of test" and he simply replied "The bad kind" with his serious/pissed off Dana face on.

I know this isn't any kind of proof of anything just wanted to give my first hand account of what I heard.

(take it with a grain of salt though cuz I got it from the internets...)

Copied and pasted from bloodyelbow.com

Ariel Helwani tweets:

" Here's what Greg Sirb, the executive director of the PA commission, said regarding Nate Marquardt:

Nate failed the medical requirements for the fight and was put on suspension by the PA athletic commission until he provides a medical ...

report showing that he's satisfied those requirements. He was given every opportunity to meet the requirements ...

... up until Saturday at 3 pm. The Athletic commission is not free to disclose what requirements he failed to meet.

The suspension is indefinite. As soon as Marquardt can provide what they are looking for, he will not be suspended anymore. ...

Of course, I tried to ask multiple times why he failed the test, but Sirb said that was all he was going to discuss and the rest is up to NM

"

Dana said on the Pre-Show that he can't say exactly what Nate did, but it was bad enough to get cut from the UFC. He also said a few times that he was disgusted with Nate.

Dana and the Pennsylvania commission can't say specifics because of the confidentiality laws.

Nate tweeted that he would talk about the issue on tuesday

quick picks:

Barry (last time i'm picking this dude)

Story

Mitirone

Howard

Edited by StillUnknown

He doesn't have that energy factor I'm used to seeing in him.

Yeah, he's already gassing.

It's becoming clear he shouldn't have taken this fight, at least IMO. I think he hasn't recovered from the Alves fight, although when he went to dinner with my husband last week, he said he was feeling good. Who knows, but he looks dull to me. He's got to get a submission here.

Are you ****ing kidding me with that standup!?!?!