Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

I just watched Wednesday's TUF and I have to say, Rashad is going to be a good coach one day after he retires from fighting. I went into the season pulling for Rampage just because I'm old school but between him doing this acting gig and just sitting there talking **** when his guy got beat, I've gotta pull for Rashad now. Rashad was 100 percent right when he said that a good coach doesn't just sit outside the ring and complain when his fighter loses, he gets in there and supports his guy in such a low moment. It's kind of ****ty that Rashad, the opposing coach had to get in there and support Rampage's fighter after the bout. But it goes to show what kind of guy Rashad is. He's the kind of guy you want in your corner when you're competing.

I just watched Wednesday's TUF and I have to say, Rashad is going to be a good coach one day after he retires from fighting. I went into the season pulling for Rampage just because I'm old school but between him doing this acting gig and just sitting there talking **** when his guy got beat, I've gotta pull for Rashad now. Rashad was 100 percent right when he said that a good coach doesn't just sit outside the ring and complain when his fighter loses, he gets in there and supports his guy in such a low moment. It's kind of ****ty that Rashad, the opposing coach had to get in there and support Rampage's fighter after the bout. But it goes to show what kind of guy Rashad is. He's the kind of guy you want in your corner when you're competing.

i didnt think anyone could be as bad as Ken Shamrock, but Rampage has set a new low

he cares more about his fighters winning just so he can have some edge over rashad than he does about them winning for their careers. i know he's said he's bad coach in the past, but there are some things you just dont do. you do not leave your fighter in the cage by himself after a loss (unless he pulls a Kalib Starnes impersonation :silly:)

that one moment made me lose respect for Rampage

i joked about it before, but now i wouldn't be surprised at all if Rashad's team won all the preliminary fights

Edited by StillUnknown

i didnt think anyone could be as bad as Ken Shamrock, but Rampage has set a new low

he cares more about his fighters winning just so he can have some edge over rashad than he does about them winning for their careers. i know he's said he's bad coach in the past, but there are some things you just dont do. you do not leave your fighter in the cage by himself after a loss (unless he pulls a Kalib Starnes impersonation :silly:)

i joked about it before, but now i wouldn't be surprised at all if Rashad's team won all the preliminary fights

Yeah that's something you just don't do to your fighter. I lost some respect for Rampage on that too.

Maybe he cares so much about his guys beating Rashad's guys because he knows he's never really going to step into the ring with Rashad and prove himself? :shutup:

Completely agree man.

I have a ton of respect for Greg Jackson because he gets fighters who are mentally tough. People with a lot of intelligence and focus. They aren't bull****ters and they aren't ****y. The are good listeners and stick to gameplans, even if they sometimes get brutally Jardine'd. People always talk about Rashad being arrogant and ****y, but I totally disagree. He plays mind games during a fight, he does it in front of a guy's face. All too often we see fighters talk a bunch of crap and make smeary remarks BEFORE a fight only to lay an egg in the octagon. Rashad has walked the line of being disrespectful before, but that alone doesn't turn me away from being a fan.

Rashad definitely seems like a genuinely nice guy, he's certainly bright, you can hear it in his coaching that he loves this sport to the core. I love what (I think it was Rosen) wrote when this story was coming to the forefront. Something like, "do you think Rashad would accept a role as Isacc the Bartender because he used to watch Love Boat as a kid?"

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Completely agree man.

I have a ton of respect for Greg Jackson because he gets fighters who are mentally tough. People with a lot of intelligence and focus. They aren't bull****ters and they aren't ****y. The are good listeners and stick to gameplans, even if they sometimes get brutally Jardine'd. People always talk about Rashad being arrogant and ****y, but I totally disagree. He plays mind games during a fight, he does it in front of a guy's face. All too often we see fighters talk a bunch of crap and make smeary remarks BEFORE a fight only to lay an egg in the octagon. Rashad may have gone over the line here and there, but it won't turn me away from being a fan.

Rashad definitely seems like a genuinely nice guy, he's certainly bright, you can hear it in his coaching that he loves this sport to the core. I love what (I think it was Rosen) wrote when this story was coming to the forefront. Something like, "do you think Rashad would accept a role as Isacc the Bartender because he used to watch Love Boat as a kid?"

i never cared when someone showboats during a fight in MMA or boxing simply because the person you are "offending" has an opportunity to immediately make you pay for it. in some ways, i find it more respectable if they showboat in the ring as opposed to talking a bunch of **** before or after the fight, if that makes sense at all. lol

Edited by StillUnknown

I never liked either Rampage or Rashad, but I totally respect Rashad now and will most likely root for him unless he fights Machida again.

I didn't watch the Shamrock/Ortiz TUF...why was he so bad?

I never liked either Rampage or Rashad, but I totally respect Rashad now and will most likely root for him unless he fights Machida again.

I didn't watch the Shamrock/Ortiz TUF...why was he so bad?

shammy was there for 2 reason: 1. the check 2. to get a shot at tito

i think it probably looked worse because Tito was actually a pretty good coach. you could tell Tito cared alot for his group of fighters