Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Exactly, Sunstone. Not to mention since Wandy lost to Belfort he's been on an absolute tear. That fight was eight years ago, too. Since 1998, Wandy has gone 26 and 3, including losing a controversial decision to Mark Hunt in a fight everyone who saw thought he had won.

Since 1998 Belfort hasn't done anything close to what Wandy has done.

Point is, Wandy could knock out Liddell just as easy as Belfort knocked out Takahashi.

When is the last time you really saw Liddell take one on the chin? Don't get me wrong, Liddell is a great fighter, but he's only human. If anyone can touch him on the chin it would be Wandy. Guy is on another level.

Wandy also has a controversial win against Arona that everyone thinks he lost.

I think the lost tiome Chuck has been hit were his lost losses: Coutre and Rampage

Recap article of the post ppv presser (really just Dana with some Chuck):

http://msn.foxsports.com/boxing/story/5917002

Here is a couple highlights:

On why Liddell-Wanderlei Silva match isn't going to happen, at least not yet: "They talk a lot of s-- but never back it up. I'm here I'm ready, Chuck's here, he's ready. It's not that Wanderlei doesn't want the fight, he's a fighter. No disrespect to him. You know who I'm talking about. I've been trying to do this for five years. I sent (Liddell) over to Japan and he fought three or four times over there. They like to yap but they don't like to back it up.

On Quinton "Rampage" Jackson, who was at UFC 62: I'd love to have him. We're talking to him. We always want to make the best fights happen with the best fighters. It's gonna happen, it's just a matter of time.

Liddell, on how he'd prepare for Ortiz: I don't give him a shot at beating me. Not in the slightest. I'm going to be in the best shape of my life.

White: Way to sell a fight, Chuck. Way to sell a fight. (Laughter busts out in the room).

Liddell: OK, I'm going to beat him for five rounds. I'm going to try to beat him for five rounds.

White: There you go, now you're talking.

Liddell: I'm serious. I want to punsh him. I want to shut him up for good. I'm going to punish him.

--------

I would love to see Rampage in the UFC. It is all about the money with Rampage. Dana will have to pony up big. I imagine he has a multi-fight deal with WFA. Hopefully he knocks those out quick and comes to the UFC.

Recap article of the post ppv presser (really just Dana with some Chuck):

http://msn.foxsports.com/boxing/story/5917002

Here is a couple highlights:

On why Liddell-Wanderlei Silva match isn't going to happen, at least not yet: "They talk a lot of s-- but never back it up. I'm here I'm ready, Chuck's here, he's ready. It's not that Wanderlei doesn't want the fight, he's a fighter. No disrespect to him. You know who I'm talking about. I've been trying to do this for five years. I sent (Liddell) over to Japan and he fought three or four times over there. They like to yap but they don't like to back it up.

On Quinton "Rampage" Jackson, who was at UFC 62: I'd love to have him. We're talking to him. We always want to make the best fights happen with the best fighters. It's gonna happen, it's just a matter of time.

Liddell, on how he'd prepare for Ortiz: I don't give him a shot at beating me. Not in the slightest. I'm going to be in the best shape of my life.

White: Way to sell a fight, Chuck. Way to sell a fight. (Laughter busts out in the room).

Liddell: OK, I'm going to beat him for five rounds. I'm going to try to beat him for five rounds.

White: There you go, now you're talking.

Liddell: I'm serious. I want to punsh him. I want to shut him up for good. I'm going to punish him.

--------

I would love to see Rampage in the UFC. It is all about the money with Rampage. Dana will have to pony up big. I imagine he has a multi-fight deal with WFA. Hopefully he knocks those out quick and comes to the UFC.

Dana White is a moron. Why the hell would Pride pay their own fighters if they are fighting in the UFC? If Pride fighters fight in the UFC, they should be paid by the UFC. Just like when UFC fighters fought in Pride in 2003, they were paid by Pride.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/interviews.asp?n_id=5528

Silva on the Liddell fight:

Sherdog.com: Chuck Liddell (Pictures), after beating Renato Sobral (Pictures), said that a fight between you and him would be a one round fight.

Silva: For sure. He can’t survive the first round! When I get this guy … I actually don’t know what is happening. There are some people saying this fight will not happen but I would like to make myself clear: I want to fight him. I want it known, I don’t care if I get hurt, I will be healed by November. I want this fight. I want him. I don’t want people saying: “he goes to UFC to take a free promotion.” I don’t know what’s happening. The promoters are taking care of it. I want to shut him up by hitting his mouth. When I spoke in the microphone he was looking at me with a butt face and gave me a little smile because he knows who I am. He had his ass kicked by Quinton Jackson (Pictures) in PRIDE, and if he thinks he will be waiting just to hit me back he will pay for it. I am a Muay Thai fighter. I’m a heavy hitter. If I hit the chin, the guy is down.

-------------

Who you guys got in the Pride GP?

Silva - Nog

Nog

Nog and Barnett are my 2 favorite fighters, so I will probably be rooting for Barnett since Nog has already fought Fedor twice. Silva - Nog would be a great final though.

2589-stephanbonnar.jpg

In a developing news story that broke on Wednesday's edition of MMAWeekly Radio, MMAWeekly has learned that Stephan Bonnar tested positive for an anabolic steroid after his fight against Forrest Griffin at UFC 62 on August 26th.

The specific banned substance that was found in Bonnar's post-fight urine sample after his unanimous decision loss to Griffin was Boldenone Metabolite, according to the Nevada State Athletic Commission's drug testing results.

Boldenone is an anabolic steroid that is intended for use only by veterinarians, specifically to help rehabilitate injured horses. It has several brand names for veterinary use, including Equigan, Equipoise, Ultragan, and Ganabol. It is on the banned substances list of all the major athletic commissions and sports leagues.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=2589&zoneid=13

If Quentin Jackson and Silva every came to the UFC, they would easily be the kings of the Octagon. Those two are bonified BADASSES.

Silva is a scary mofo, and I'd like to see him avenge his loss to Tito Ortiz, from very early in his MMA career.

Ever since Quentin lost to Silva in their second fight, he has been on a downfall. He looked nothing like his his old self against Ninja in which he won on a split decision. His distruction against Shogun further proved that he has fallen from the top ranks. Sure, he won against Lindland on a split decision, but taking winless Dong Sik Yoon to a decision?

Ever since Quentin lost to Silva in their second fight, he has been on a downfall. He looked nothing like his his old self against Ninja in which he won on a split decision. His distruction against Shogun further proved that he has fallen from the top ranks. Sure, he won against Lindland on a split decision, but taking winless Dong Sik Yoon to a decision?

Did you see the Dong Sik Yoon fight? Sure, he didn't finish him, but he punded on him the entire time. Yoon would not stay down.

I think a big reason Pride ppvs don't dissapoint as much as UFC cards is the type of lower-end fighters Pride has. All the Japanese "cans" they throw in the ring with their superstars are tough as nails. They never stay down or tap when they should. Heads like rocks.

Anyone seen the OGWP? So far I've only seen the CroCop-Wand and Barnett-Big Nog fight. SPOILERS is coming

Damn I didn't think CC could handle Wand so easily. Everyone knew someone was getting KOed in that fight. I blame Wand's early actions for his lost. And the doctors probably wanted to stop that fight but you could see Wand really wanted to finish.

And I'm so happy Barnett took it. I'm really rooting for the guy. Might have been a boring technical match to some but I was really exited at the outcome. I haven't watched the finals yet but I really hope Barnett takes it.

Wow! Now that was a pppv. Pride right now is killing the UFC in putting cards together.

Arona-Overeem and Kharitonov-Aleksander on the under card was great!

I was rooting for Barnett too. He was clearly the worse for wear after a war with Big Nog. Cro-Cop came in rested and unscathed after taking care of Silva in 5 minutes (with a 5 minute break in action for the cut).

I would love to see Barnett get the winner of Cro-Cop v. Fedor, or even just another shot at Mirko when he is healthy. I don't kno wthat they will grant him his 4th shot at Mirko though. too bad he wasn't healthy for either 3 fights.

Taking nothing away from Cro-Cop though. He took care of Silva with ease. Cracked the guys skull, then took out Barnett.

Wow! Now that was a pppv. Pride right now is killing the UFC in putting cards together.

Arona-Overeem and Kharitonov-Aleksander on the under card was great!

I was rooting for Barnett too. He was clearly the worse for wear after a war with Big Nog. Cro-Cop came in rested and unscathed after taking care of Silva in 5 minutes (with a 5 minute break in action for the cut).

I would love to see Barnett get the winner of Cro-Cop v. Fedor, or even just another shot at Mirko when he is healthy. I don't kno wthat they will grant him his 4th shot at Mirko though. too bad he wasn't healthy for either 3 fights.

Taking nothing away from Cro-Cop though. He took care of Silva with ease. Cracked the guys skull, then took out Barnett.

Overeem needs to stop fighting so many times. He keeps giving up too early.

Why invite Aleksander to punch you in the face 2 times? I always thought he was pretty scary with the big executioner holding a baby tattoo on his back. Now I found out he was in the Russian Mafia and went to prison for 5 years he's even more scary.

Rampage put Chuck down.

You are right on about Tito. He can do it if he is patient. Problem is that I don't know another fighter that is more paitient than Chuck. He never seems to stray from his game plan.

Yes, and Rampage is a badass in his own right. I'm talking about the new and improved chuck liddell. Two different guys;). Not that Chuck would kick his ass or anything but I think chuck would be favored if they fought in the UFC.

I really do hope Tito learns patience and takes chuck out. It's a longshot, though, and Tito would have to fight better than he ever has before. Patient, set chuck up with some strikes, and get him on the ground for some elbow treatment. There aren't too many fighters in the world who can withstand a heavy dose of Tito's ground and pound.

• 2 weeks later...

Hughes-Penn on Saturday! Only one other good fight on the card though, Swick-Crow.

Another 2-fight show. That is getting old.

Here are the current odds (they change frequently):

Matt Hughes -206

BJ Penn +186

Mike Swick -133

David Loiseau +123

Rashad Evans -197

Jason Lambert +182

Jens Pulver -672

Joe Lauzon +612

Melvin Guillard -154

Gabe Reudiger +144

Roger Huerta -575