Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Glenn v. Lloyd

Riggo#44

Glenn is far and away the better receiver. Lloyd will probably never have a 1000-yard season in this league. He simply does not have the speed to be a true deep threat and does not have the ability to catch passes over the middle in traffic. He's the guy in the offense that hauls in the short passes near the sideline. Glenn, on the other hand, is a much better deep threat and is more willing to go over the middle (except when Taylor is around).

I never thought Lloyd was worth giving up two first-day draft picks and showering him with a $27 million contract, especially with David Givens still available (Givens is the better receiver, and the Titans got him for $24 million).

Givens is a very good receiver, but he isn't better than Lloyd. All you need to do is look at the team Givens played for and the team Lloyd has played for. After this season you will be able to make better comparisons as he will be our #1 receiver. Besides he will never see the total salary -- it will be restructured in 3 years.

Givens is a very good receiver, but he isn't better than Lloyd. All you need to do is look at the team Givens played for and the team Lloyd has played for. After this season you will be able to make better comparisons as he will be our #1 receiver. Besides he will never see the total salary -- it will be restructured in 3 years.

are u sayin that Lloyd will be our #1 reciever? so what about moss? no way is Lloyd better then moss

I think the difference is Glenn is on the way down and Llloyd is on the way up. I reserve judgement until I see what Lloyd does on a team with a real chance to go somewhere, and how he does when he isnt the only offensive playmaker on the field. I think Lloyd will open a lot of eyes this season

Glenn is one of those Tiki Barber, Mushin Muhammed, Keenan McCardell guys who's still highly productive if not blossoming at 30? Lloyd obviously has youth on his side but there are no guarantees in this league and he's in a system now where he'll be thrown to far less than in SF.

IMO Right now Glenn > Lloyd and T.O. > Moss individually speaking but of course football is a team sport.

Glenn is far and away the better receiver. Lloyd will probably never have a 1000-yard season in this league. He simply does not have the speed to be a true deep threat and does not have the ability to catch passes over the middle in traffic. He's the guy in the offense that hauls in the short passes near the sideline. Glenn, on the other hand, is a much better deep threat and is more willing to go over the middle (except when Taylor is around).

I never thought Lloyd was worth giving up two first-day draft picks and showering him with a $27 million contract, especially with David Givens still available (Givens is the better receiver, and the Titans got him for $24 million).

You are crazy. Have you seen Lloyd play? What makes you think he isn't a deep threat, he burns dudes on the regular. Lloyd goes across the middle all day long. He hasn't shrugged from a ball since his 2nd year in the league.

Lloyd is going to be far and away the better reciever than Glenn IMO. As of last year you could argue, but at the end of next year? Hah... we'll see.

are u sayin that Lloyd will be our #1 reciever? so what about moss? no way is Lloyd better then moss

I agree with you, but we could very well be a team with 2 #1s who knows...

Lloyd has all the potential in the world... but Santana is a freak of nature.

You are crazy. Have you seen Lloyd play? What makes you think he isn't a deep threat, he burns dudes on the regular. Lloyd goes across the middle all day long. He hasn't shrugged from a ball since his 2nd year in the league.

Lloyd is going to be far and away the better reciever than Glenn IMO. As of last year you could argue, but at the end of next year? Hah... we'll see.

check this out. this is from a real skins fan. Lloyd might be better then, glenn in the long run but not now hes not. yeah Lloyd did great in SF, but can he do it here in washington? thats the question.now take a look at glenn's career, in NE and dallas. hes been a real solid player in both teams. we just have 2 wait and see how Lloyd does with the skins. and plus u can't compare stats, cause by far glenn has the better stats of them both..

I agree with you, but we could very well be a team with 2 #1s who knows...

Lloyd has all the potential in the world... but Santana is a freak of nature.

yeah thats how it is if u tell me. we have 2 #1 recievers. thats a great thing for a team if u ask me..:)

RedskinNation: Moss had more yards last season then Owens ever had....GREAT point, that definitly makes him a better WR....pffft.

Owens had 14 TD's in 2004 in 14 games and Moss has 14 TD's in 04-05 31 games ......Great comparision.......

Riggo44: Give it some time, He has done more chit in his two years then most have done in a 10 year career. Lets see 2 spitting incidents. 25k for skipping the rookie symposim...i bet he realizes now that it was stupid to skip, he may have learned a thing or two while he was there. He missed some team workouts last year threatning to hold out after 1 season, then refused to call God back...i mean Gibbs. I am shocked that a "real redskin fan" would accept that. and has been hit with a DWI during the week of a game and also was arrested and pleaded no contest for assult. I tell ya........Great guy you have there!

dfos81: not that you would need to work out with T.O to know that he is in superb shape, the same way none of you skin morons have workled out with Arch, but yet you say he is god under the pads!!

Are we comparing last year or some other year???!?!?!??!? A player is only as good as his last year in the NFL. Moss stats were incredible last year yet you say me-O is CLEARLY the better overall "player"....whats your proof? What he did 2, 3 years ago?????? I guess Moss isnt allowed to improve aka EVOLVE into an ELITE Wide Receiver then right? Doesnt a player having a GREAT season...better yet an ELITE statistical season and being a "clutch" player count toward his current status??????

The fact Me-O has more baggage than Santa Claus doesnt count/contribute I guess? IT ALONE contributed to his suspension = LACK OF PRODUCTION. The overall "Player at the Wide Receiver Position" is the base of the argument.

Im sure you are probably an Anti-Redskin fan than actually a cowboy fan but atleast realize what you are arguing about. I guess the Cowboys are better than the Redskins even though we banged you out twice AND had a better record?

Oh...no wait.....u did have a better record 3 years ago...so yeah probably....your right. And since Brunell had a great season 4 years ago makes him an elite QB?!?!??!?!?!?

Are all cowboy fans this ignorant? :notworthy

Except for 3 years, their numbers are not that different, if they could be read. My point is Glenn is terribly inconsistant, and has trouble staying healthy.

I said earlier, the most interesting number was Glenn's stats w/ Green Bay. 55 catches, 830 yrds 3 TDs, not much better than Lloyd's numbers last year.

And there is still the GSDST, where Glenn leads the league

:dallasuck

I will take this in two parts, first his year in green bay he was not a #1 WR like Lloyd was last year, He put up those numbers as a #2

Second the injuries part

This is a big misnomer (sp) He was labeled injury Prone because he got hurt one time in Dallas even though he had only missed 2 games in the previous 5 years from injury. Last 7 years he has had 5 seasons where he had no injury that kept him from playing

2005 played 16 games

2004 Injured played 6 games

2003 played 16 games

2002 played 15 games (inactive 1)

2001 played 4 games (Inactive for 7, Team suspension for 1, league suspension for 4)

2000 played 16 games

1999 played 14 games missed final 2.

Moss v. TO? Moss, anyday. As receivers, they're fairly close (TO has the edge), but Moss by far has more heart and character. As the Redskins showed last year, you need character and heart to win games. What happens if you don't have those traits? See TO and Eagles.

Glenn v. Lloyd? Glenn. I think Lloyd has the potential to be better and I think he'll put up better numbers next season, but based on their track records so far, I'll take Glenn.

OK young man, you need to save your quote. Lloyd is the best thing to happen to the receiving corp this off season. He's young and is far from his peak but he has all the tools, ie concentration on the ball. My God, he can be 1000+ receiver.

dfos81: not that you would need to work out with T.O to know that he is in superb shape, the same way none of you skin morons have workled out with Arch, but yet you say he is god under the pads!!

Please quit feeding this troll. He's obviously from a dysfunctional background. Of course he would spell that dishfunkchannel.

TO's past his prime. Get the **** over it.

While both TO and Santana are good receivers i will have to agree that overall TO is a better receiver. Also unlike Randy Moss never takes plays off either. He plays hard and constantly beats double teams. The point is that they are two very different receivers but based solely on their careers i think TO has proven that he is among the elite receivers in the league while santana is good receiver who has chance to become an elite receiver.

While most of us skin fans would like TO go back to his philly behavior we can't ignore his production and how hard he plays the game. Also he is in great shape and has alteast 2-3 good years left in him. Most of us would agree that we would rather not see him in our divison.

Glenn is far and away the better receiver. Lloyd will probably never have a 1000-yard season in this league. He simply does not have the speed to be a true deep threat and does not have the ability to catch passes over the middle in traffic. He's the guy in the offense that hauls in the short passes near the sideline.

You're wrong about Lloyd and you'll be eating crow by 2008...care to make a friendly wager? By the way I haven't been wrong with any pognostication posted on this site...check my record ;) The guys got more talent in his left hand then Glenn and hasn't had the opportunity to shine, but he will.

And you dare to question Joe Jackson Gibbs?...shame on you :laugh:

HTTR!

why are there so many homers on this board? i mean how u gonna say Lloyd is better then glenn? believe me im a big skins fan, but i aint a homer i see things as they are. take a look back at glens career, and Lloyd's u CANT COMPARE THEM BOTH PERIOD!!!!!!!!! what is there 2 understand. 2 me Lloyd has alot 2 prove 2 the skins. just cause he had 1 good season with the niners does not mean hes the next T.O. period.

Glenn has put up better numbers thus far in his career. Nobody on the Skins would want him right now, though. He's on the tail end of a mediocre career and over the past coupld seasons he's spent more time avoiding Taylor than he has actually helping his team move the football. You already know what you're going to get from him. With Lloyd he's only 25 and looking up to many potentially great years on a legitimate club that's going to move the ball around. His opportunity here outweighs anything he's ever done in the NFL. This is why the Skins felt compelled to trade a 3rd and 4th rounder for the guy. Obviously Gibbs sat down with the kid and felt his attitude issues in SF weren't enough to where it would cause any concern and it resulted in a nice extension for the young player.

Sure, Glenn is more experienced right now. Nobody here would argue that. This really shouldn't be an argument anyways because the Redskins are running a different offense than the Cowboys. Lloyd will be used differently than Glenn will be used. Beyond TO and Glenn who do the Cowboys have that they can rely on? Crayton?:rolleyes:

Parcells got scared and is reverting back to the double TE max protect scheme so as to stop the Redskins from planting Bledsoe on his better side, meanwhile the Skins are looking to open up the passing game with multiple options at WR.

Point is, Glenn might be the better player now but Lloyd will mean more to this team next season and beyond than Glenn will ever mean to the Cowboys.

For this one season, you take Glenn over Llyod since he's demonstrated he can put up solid numbers consistently. However - there were mitigating factors to BL's so-so #s: coaching, QB, and a horrendous supporting cast. While Testeverde and Carter are nothing to write home about - they are still going to be able to do a better job of getting the ball to a WR than a rookie Qb is. Hell, even Tim Rattay was like Tom Brady compared to Alex Smith.

Bottom line is the staff saw some things in Llyod that they like in their receivers: athleticism, body control, ball skills, and quickness. The past is the past. BL will be remembered when he retires for what he did as a Redskin.

Let's keep in mind that before Santana Moss came here, he suffered from a lot of the "inconsistencies" that it turns out were a product of his supporting cast, coaching, and environment. But he got with the right coach, the right offense, and a vet QB and bam - big season. I'm not saying that BL is going to pull down 1400 yards and 10 TDs but he could definitely make a push for 1000 and 8. And those are fine #2 WR numbers. And perhaps the prelude to a BIG season.

For this one season, you take Glenn over Llyod since he's demonstrated he can put up solid numbers consistently. However - there were mitigating factors to BL's so-so #s: coaching, QB, and a horrendous supporting cast. While Testeverde and Carter are nothing to write home about - they are still going to be able to do a better job of getting the ball to a WR than a rookie Qb is. Hell, even Tim Rattay was like Tom Brady compared to Alex Smith.

Bottom line is the staff saw some things in Llyod that they like in their receivers: athleticism, body control, ball skills, and quickness. The past is the past. BL will be remembered when he retires for what he did as a Redskin.

Let's keep in mind that before Santana Moss came here, he suffered from a lot of the "inconsistencies" that it turns out were a product of his supporting cast, coaching, and environment. But he got with the right coach, the right offense, and a vet QB and bam - big season. I'm not saying that BL is going to pull down 1400 yards and 10 TDs but he could definitely make a push for 1000 and 8. And those are fine #2 WR numbers. And perhaps the prelude to a BIG season.

I agree with everything you say except Glenn's consistancy - there is nothing in his mediocre career that shows he is anything near consistant.

13003103013.gif

13003121095.gif

I dont think Lloyd could've caught either one of these balls.

Terry is older, and he has been injury prone, but he has elite abilities that Lloyd will never have.

Y'all say, "Lloyd is in his prime and Terry isn't"......... Glenn is in his prime! Look at what he did last year, he almost had a career year.

Terry Glenn > Brandon Lloyd

Archived