Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How will ESPN respond now??

jbooma

If they have said our Quarterback situation is in the top 15, RBs in the top 10, and WR in the top 5, how on earth are they still going to end up picking us 4th in our division :D

I am very excited about this season and feel there will be a lot of hype, but it is June, and we have no clue what is going to happen. I agree with many on this board if we get and 85 or 90+ rating from our QB position then the skys the limit for this team!!!!

Already counting down to training camp, and being able to watch what this team can do :cheers::cheers:

theyll have us finishing in 3rd behind dallas and new york. Everyones jumping on the dallas bandwagon because of a certain new receiver and im sure espn has hitched a ride too and pick dallas to win the division. but we no wut will really happen this year. i just cant wait til that dallas game in the 2nd week so we can lighten the bandwagons load just a little bit.

Guest gayformoss

none of this means crap

you want to get excited because the morons at espn said we are good

f them hating bums

they all suck except for the PTI crew

I didn't see this. Just out of curiousity, who were #1, and #2? My guess would be the Colts at #1 and either the Cardinals or Panthers are #2. I suppose they might put Dallas up there, but sooner or later they'll realize T.O can't carry the WR corps on his back.

none of this means crap

you want to get excited because the morons at espn said we are good

f them hating bums

they all suck except for the PTI crew

I agree that all these rankings don't mean anything. Well, they just show that NCAA basketball, NCAA baseball, the NBA, and the NHL are all done for the year, so now ESPN has to fill time with this rankings stuff. I guess Wimbledon, MLB, NASCAR, MLS, WNBA, and the World Cup only take up so much time each day. Anyway, besides the PTI crew, I also think that "ESPN people that don't suck" include Mark Schlereth and Joe Theismann (for obvious reasons) and Mike & Mike in the Morning (best show on radio).

theyll have us finishing in 3rd behind dallas and new york. Everyones jumping on the dallas bandwagon because of a certain new receiver and im sure espn has hitched a ride too and pick dallas to win the division. but we no wut will really happen this year. i just cant wait til that dallas game in the 2nd week so we can lighten the bandwagons load just a little bit.

That new receiver that you mentioned will only last one point something games, he is gunna go looking for a catch, but the only thing in the net will be him and ST will be the net, then its good night receiver...would be good if AA hit him first and knocked him into ST line of fire......then the girls will just slide into oblivion

I really dont want ESPN to pick us high. I think the team responds better being the underdog and feeling as if they need to earn respect. Have them start picking us when we are 7-0 at the bye week.

Exactly what I was thinking. I like flying low and under the radar. Last year, teams took us for granted and we rolled over them. Let everyone think we are going to finish last, all that matters is what we do on the field.

If they have said our Quarterback situation is in the top 15, RBs in the top 10, and WR in the top 5, how on earth are they still going to end up picking us 4th in our division :D

I am very excited about this season and feel there will be a lot of hype, but it is June, and we have no clue what is going to happen. I agree with many on this board if we get and 85 or 90+ rating from our QB position then the skys the limit for this team!!!!

Already counting down to training camp, and being able to watch what this team can do :cheers: :cheers:

ESPN scouts Inc. already picked us as real super bowl contenders. Can we please get over the experts don't like us thing. Here it is again from Gary Horton of ESPN.COM.

All the pieces finally seem to be in place for Gibbs to take the Redskins deep into the playoffs, and their best offseason acquisition may not even be a player. New offensive coordinator Al Saunders is a terrific play caller with a creative offensive mind, and he will install a new scheme with three wide receivers and one running back. The personnel he will put on the field will be explosive.

For the past couple of seasons, the offensive line seemed to struggle in pass protection. The Redskins were forced to use a lot of max-protection schemes, featuring only one receiver. Those problems are less evident now and the receiving trio of Santana Moss and newly acquired free agents Brandon Loyld(San Francisco) and Randle El (Pittsburgh) can spread the field and give this offense and Brunell big-play capabilities.

The biggest benefactor may be RB Portis. He has great quickness and good vision, and now he can use his own run instincts to create seams and lanes versus a lot of soft nickel defenses -- although the patented Redskins' stretch play will still be their bread and butter.

Defensively, coordinator Gregg Williams loves the element of surprise and will change up his fronts, coverages and blitzes on a weekly basis. Although the Redskins are primarily a 4-3 defense, they will show some 3-4 fronts. Although they love to play man-to-man coverage behind their blitzes, we will see some Cover 1, Cover 2 and Cover 3 schemes in the secondary.

Arrington is gone, but Washington has two new impact players on defense who will give them great versatility. DE Andre Carter (San Francisco) can line up on the edge in the 4-3 defense and can move to OLB in the 3-4 front. In both schemes he can be a terrific pass rusher.

Strong safety Archuleta is a great hitter and will form one of the best safety duos in the NFL with FS Sean Taylor. Because of Archuleta's toughness, look for him to play close to the line of scrimmage, which leaves Taylor to cover the middle of the field in either a "man free" or Cover 3 scheme. Taylor has the range to get it done. This will be a one-gap, penetrating defense with a lot of interchangeable parts. The Redskins have the most experienced coaching staff in the NFL. In addition to being good strategists, they are also excellent teachers. They retained 18 starters from a year ago and two of their new starters -- Archuleta and TE Fauria -- are actually upgrades. The schedule is favorable, with most of the tough nonconference games at home, and remember that these Redskins posted a 5-1 record in the division in 2005. If Brunell stays healthy, Washington is a Super Bowl contender

When the **** has ESPN ever been right? Who cares!

The redskins are good this year, hell they might even when the superbowl but next year and the year after that it's a given that the redskins are going to win a Superbowl either with J.C or someone else.

Let espn hate, bunch of bama's.

What would you guys do if ALL of the media loved you? What would you do if all of the "experts" picked you to finish first? What would you talk about? Would es be shut down?

No, we'd just spend all our time making fun of your crappy team!:dallasuck

What would you guys do if ALL of the media loved you? What would you do if all of the "experts" picked you to finish first? What would you talk about? Would es be shut down?
Been There, dude, and I got tired of all the glory when I knew the team hadn't proved ANYTHING.(Back in the Norv/ schottenheimer/ coach of the month days). The media WAS praising the team and I didn't want to hear it because I didn't think the teams were that good after Joe left the first time. I also think that's why the press is reluctant to give too much praise now because they looked rather foolish picking our team first when they weren't that good. The site would not shut down, (We could always talk about how ignorant most Dallas and Philly fans are) and we would welcome the praise IF IT IS DESERVED, unlike alot of Cowboys' fans I hear yelling,"We're going to the SBowl" before the f=#ing season even starts. These guys are just glorified weathermen anyway, but it's nice to hear a little DURING the season, which we don't get much anymore.

Been There, dude, and I got tired of all the glory when I knew the team hadn't proved ANYTHING.(Back in the Norv/ schottenheimer/ coach of the month days). The media WAS praising the team and I didn't want to hear it because I didn't think the teams were that good after Joe left the first time. I also think that's why the press is reluctant to give too much praise now because they looked rather foolish picking our team first when they weren't that good...

SO true. People forget that the "experts" had us doing great every pre-season UNTIL Joe Gibbs arrived. Now they are all turned around on us-- just when we are actually succeeding. :)

Archived