Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Learning to Fly...

Tarhog

It was the final game of the 2005 NFL regular season. And for fans of the Burgundy and Gold, it was gut check time. The 2005 Redskins were Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. Having suffered a brutal mid-season stretch where they lost 6 of 8 games, the Redskins under 2nd year Head Coach Joe Gibbs had come storming back, rising from the ashes to claim gritty wins against the Rams, Cardinals, Cowboys, and Giants. Only one thing stood in the way of their first playoff berth since 1999 - beating the dreaded Philadelphia Eagles, on the road, before a hostile, bitter Philly crowd.

Learning to Fly

:helmet:

One of the most emotional moments of my life was when Sean Taylor picked up that fumble, sped down the sideline, and leapt airborne into the endzone to clinch the win. Blade and I happened to be right next to the sideline where it happened, and literally ran down the sideline as Taylor did. The rest is a blur of ecstatic emotion, realizing we really were back, and that all the demons of the past decade were exorcised. I had tears in my eyes, and I know I wasn't the only one.

Incredible.

Nice, that really took me back. I'll never forget how worried I was at half-time, Philly gave us a good scare there early on. That win meant so much to this franchise, it was real progress. I'd say this team "learned to fly" during that five game stretch. Hopefully this year we can pick up where we left off and soar!

AWESOME video. My favorite pics were the Portis CPR on the ball, the pic of Portis and the back of his dirty jersey, and both Sean Taylor fumble return pics. Thank you so much. Great video.

I bought one of those Redskins handwarmers and I'll definitely be wearing it to games.

I was over Stacey's (my Wife-2-be) uncle's house watching the game and the entire game Stacey was heckling me cause she's an Eagles fan. Once Taylor ran the ball in for a TD her Uncle and I were cheerin and yellin, we actually woke up my 2 week old (at the time) Taylor to celebrate. Watching that video brought tears of joy to my eyes!

This year is going to be special!

Wow! I'll be there at the Linc again this season! Nov. 12th! Lots open at 7 AM! Where do we meet? D lot? Somebody email Halter! I'm bringing my flag! And this time I'm bringing THREE ballcaps! GO REDSKINS

:laugh:

Planning on being there again too :) The Redskins fans at that game were everywhere. I know it must have irritated the hell out of the home fans, because you couldn't turn in any direction without seeing them, and they were raucous. Just ask Portis' mom...

:laugh:

Planning on being there again too :) The Redskins fans at that game were everywhere. I know it must have irritated the hell out of the home fans, because you couldn't turn in any direction without seeing them, and they were raucous. Just ask Portis' mom...

Well, my mistake was getting upper level seats. I was pelted and boo-ed and, of course, had my hat robbed, followed by a burst of deafening cheers from what seemed like the entire upper deck. You know what that feels like?

Next time I'll be downstairs with the rest of the Redskins fans!

Well, my mistake was getting upper level seats. I was pelted and boo-ed and, of course, had my hat robbed, followed by a burst of deafening cheers from what seemed like the entire upper deck. You know what that feels like?

Next time I'll be downstairs with the rest of the Redskins fans!

Yeah, I can't think of that game without remembering your story. And thanks for the hospitality - it was great hanging with you and halter before the game.

Mark the Homer is hardcore :)

Thanks Tarhog...great memories to relive.

I remember just holding my breathe. Then ST turned into Superman. I went absolutely ballistic. My wife and kids thought I was crazy (for a moment I think I lost it).:insane: My 49er loving wife actually cheered with me. Can't wait 'til the season starts. Look forward to many more celebrations.

Archived