Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Portis vs. Westbrook

RDSKNfaithfull

Which country has posed the greatest threat?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Which country has posed the greatest threat?

• China
    • North Korea
    • Russia
    • Syria
    • Saudi Arabia
    • Iran
    • Iraq
    • We've been our own worst enemy
    • Afghanistan
    • Other

I would have to say that there is no contest to this one. Portis is a solid back who puts up significant yards. Westbrook is mediocre at best.

:eaglesuck

EDIT: Offensive weapon will have to go to Portis too. He can do everything Westbrook can, plus actually play his position well. The only thing Westbrook has on Portis is size and we've seen that Portis can fight his heart out and keep up with the best.

I believe Portis is more valuable (but they are totally different)

They do different things and they are both one of the best at what they do

Westbrook attracts ATTN that frees up people. However it seems McNabb has trouble finding them so its no good

They get him like 15-20 touches a game by passing it to him by screen plays and short passes and let him do his thing in the open field (gainst the skins it aint that good cuz our corners are very good at tackling)

He also lines up at Wideout so they can get him the ball

Portis is Gut and Power guy

he stays in to block quite a bit and lights up LBs

Portis you can count on for 20-25 maybe even 25-30 carries a game

Portis also puts the eigth man in the box that can free up our Wideouts

Portis is the typical back and Westy is the Finesse back

I would have to say that there is no contest to this one. Portis is a solid back who puts up significant yards. Westbrook is mediocre at best.

:eaglesuck

EDIT: Offensive weapon will have to go to Portis too. He can do everything Westbrook can, plus actually play his position well. The only thing Westbrook has on Portis is size and we've seen that Portis can fight his heart out and keep up with the best.

I would say, when healthy, Westbrook is better than mediocre.

And Portis is bigger than Westbrook, BTW.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/302144

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/302215

Who is the better "offensive weapon" ?????????????? I guess would be a better queston

I guess that makes the decision a little tougher, since their offenses are so vastly different, leading to different use of their respective skills. I'd still go with Portis, because regardless of how much you like to throw the ball, a running back's value is measured on the ground first, and everything else is superlative.

Constantly throwing the ball to your starting running back does not wear down a defense, feeding him the ball on the ground does.

Not true at all..... having Defenses running sideline to sideline will get your big guys with there hands on there knees and frustraded in a hurry.

I would have to go with Portis since he is one player that can(and has) carried the whole team on his back to victory.

I don't think Westbrooke can make that claim or I haven't seen it happen myself.

Both are very important to thier teams either way.

Brian "China Doll" Westbrook isn't even close to the class of Portis. The only thing he has over portis is better hands for recieving.

Portis is much faster, much stronger, much more durable, an infinitely better blocker and Portis has put it all together at a much younger age than Westbrook did - leaving much more room for improvement on Portis' side.

Westbrook is a glorified 3rd down back, thats it. He is dangerous but very very one dimensional.

IMO :2cents:

It's hard to compare running backs with two completely different styles and offensive systems. Head to head, all things aside, Portis is the better back by far. Better vision, quicker, and stronger to the hole. Westbrook though can catch the ball in the flat and run crisp routes. For each one of these backs, they are perfect for the system they have in place. Portis under the ball control of Gibbs, and Westbrook in the semi-west coast air it out Reid. You just can't compare the two... Apples and oranges...

Who is the better "offensive weapon" ?????????????? I guess would be a better queston

Both are entering their 4th seasons

Westbrook -- 3,972 total yards, 32 total TDs

Portis -- 7,059 total yards, 51 total TDs

I like Westbrook but this one isn't even close.

Not true at all..... having Defenses running sideline to sideline will get your big guys with there hands on there knees and frustraded in a hurry.

But not as much as when the o-line is punching you in the mouth play after play. That's what happens when you run the ball down the other team's throat, and that's what we can do with Portis that the Eagles can't with Westbrook and their finesse o-line.

Archived