Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MLB Extra Innings is a ripoff!!!

Guest sith lord

Guest sith lord

Once again, an Orioles game is blacked out in my area. Anytime the O's plays a NY team or the Indians, the game is blacked out. That makes no sense at all considering I'm not in the NY or Cleveland market. The point of MLB Extra Innings is to see your favorite out of market team play when their game is on that nights package of games. It's bad enough that Fox Sports Net blackout all the out of market games, but when MLB Extra Innings(a service that cost $179) does it, that's wrong.

This will be the last year I order it by the way.

Guest sith lord
You are in NY so I'm guessing you ARE in the NY market.

I live in NY State, but I'm not in the NYC market. I could see if the game was airing on one of the few NY stations that carry Mets games, but it isn't.

Guest sith lord
western NY is pretty damn close to cleveland

It's close, but not close enough where you would go to see Indians games on a regular bases. We might actually be closer to Toronto.

Once again, an Orioles game is blacked out in my area. Anytime the O's plays a NY team or the Indians, the game is blacked out. That makes no sense at all considering I'm not in the NY or Cleveland market. The point of MLB Extra Innings is to see your favorite out of market team play when their game is on that nights package of games. It's bad enough that Fox Sports Net blackout all the out of market games, but when MLB Extra Innings(a service that cost $179) does it, that's wrong.

This will be the last year I order it by the way.

Tell me about it. I live in Virginia Beach and they blackout the stupid Nats.:laugh:

Comcast is the WORST. OK so i only get 30? nat's games, but did they have to cut my number of televised O's games by 80?? ANGELOS IS A ****ING DOUCHE:tantrum:

The Orioles games broadcast on 54 or 45 or 13 in Baltimore, used to be on 20 or WB in DC, but they didn't renew their contract because UPN and WB are merging.

Factor in that the other station in DC was Pax66, which went out of business and the fact that Comcast bought less Orioles games this year, it screws over DC Orioles fans.

The Orioles games broadcast on 54 or 45 or 13 in Baltimore, used to be on 20 or WB in DC, but they didn't renew their contract because UPN and WB are merging.

Factor in that the other station in DC was Pax66, which went out of business and the fact that Comcast bought less Orioles games this year, it screws over DC Orioles fans.

That really pisses me off. And during the NFL season i still have to watch the boring ****ing ravens. ****ES WEAR PURPLE:doh:

That really pisses me off. And during the NFL season i still have to watch the boring ****ing ravens. ****ES WEAR PURPLE:doh:

Yeah the Ravens were the absolute most boring team to watch last year and we got a lot of their games. That was painful. You and I need directV or something.

MLB blackouts leave many in the dark By Jeff Passan, Yahoo! Sports

June 19, 2006

There is a hilarious commercial playing on the radio these days. It is for Major League Baseball's online video-streaming service, and the announcer states with all the zeal of a snake-oil salesman: "Sign up for MLB.TV and never miss a game again!"

Bill Reed is the punch line. He misses lots of games. For the last two years, Reed has subscribed to MLB.TV, and because he happens to live in Keokuk, Iowa, he has been subjected to baseball's television blackout rules rooted in the game's dark ages.

"I am closest to St. Louis (three hours away), yet I am blacked out for being local market' by my ZIP code for the following teams: Chicago Cubs, Chicago White Sox, St. Louis Cardinals, Kansas City Royals, Minnesota Twins and the Milwaukee Brewers!" Reed wrote. "Tell me how I am considered local market for six different teams."

read the rest

I just don't understand how they can legally blackout markets that aren't in your viewing area. Congress should get involved.

I think Congress would have a few more important things on their plate than worrying about which baseball games are blacked out.

I sure hope so, anyway.

I think Congress would have a few more important things on their plate than worrying about which baseball games are blacked out.

I sure hope so, anyway.

They sure do. They need to hold votes for Symbolic Support.

F things that actually impact the nation. Even Baseball.

Guest sith lord

I sure hope so, anyway.

Well then by your explanation, they shouldn't be involved with the steroids scandle either. All it would take is a vote, that's not gonna keep them from "more serious" issues for very long.

Archived