Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Champ's the best!

In-com-plete

Clearly Sheldon Brown is the best cb in the NFL. The Broncos did rape the Skins in that trade though.
On the Eagles there is no such thing as a number 1 or number 2 cb. Just the left cb and right cb.

You are a troll and a homer. I shall dub thee tromer. Or maybe holl?? Let's vote on it!

Champ is the best cornerback on short routes.. He is the worst cornerback on the deep ball.. just ask every reciever in the league

Want to beat champ just run straight

Bingo. Just get behind him & all the QB has to do is drop the ball in your vicinity & you should be home free.

I can't figure out which of these statements is more laughable. Can anyone help me out? I'm stumped...

You'll drive yourself nuts trying to decypher the rantings of a moron. Let him continue to drool on himself...and walk away. ;)

:eaglesuck

Portis hasn't delivered you to the SB. I'm not going to say he won't because I honestly don't know. Neither does anyone.

And Champ never missed a start until this year. Portis was hurt both season in Denver. He missed one game in '02 and three in '03 because of injuries. Saying Portis is more durable is crazy.

Well, he's been more reliable for us than Champ ever was. Hurt or not, he has accomplished more here in less time then Champ did.

Portis is good, just not the best. And this has nothing to do with Portis. Or the fact that Champ & Tatum Bell > Portis. It's a thread showing that Champ is in fact the best CB in the NFL.

Yeah, Champ is up there, that is for sure. I like him, but to call the trade anything more than a wash... is well... ridiculous.

Clinton is just turning 25 and is in the company of like 2 or 3 other RBs in the history of the NFL. Don't forget that fantastic "adjustment" period champ had his first year there where he got toasted every other week.

Champ is one of my favorite players, and one of the few players who I wasn't sad to see go nor was a angry to see go - I realized he just didn't fit our transition at the time.

Champ Baily is a good playmaking corner who does get beat a lot. He bites on the first move or pump fake every time to try to make the int. I would take him on my team anyday due to the amount of interceptions he gets from jumping on the first move, but he is not the best cover corner.

Clearly Sheldon Brown is the best cb in the NFL. The Broncos did rape the Skins in that trade though.

Man, I thought other Eagle fans were bad, but you take the cake.

If anyone got raped last year, it was the Eagles...from SB to 6-10...last in the division.

Don't say 'best' when referring to a team that sucked last year.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You....are....too...funny....

Nice trophy case.

Champ Baily is a good playmaking corner who does get beat a lot. He bites on the first move or pump fake every time to try to make the int. I would take him on my team anyday due to the amount of interceptions he gets from jumping on the first move, but he is not the best cover corner.

Hate to agree with a cowboys fan but.... you are right

One Champ article deserves another:

http://profootballreference.com/blog/wordpress/

Champ Bailey

Posted by Doug on Friday, June 16, 2006

I’m going to postpone further discussion of running back workloads until next week so I can have a bit more time to ponder all your comments.

While perusing the footballguys news blogger, I came across this article on Champ Bailey. This quote caught my eye:

Broncos cornerback Champ Bailey continues to stand out from his peers. Bailey is what every team is looking for, the rare defender who can take an opponents’ best player out of a game.

I got curious and checked it out. The #1 wide receivers for Denver’s opponents combined for 86 catches, 1253 yards, and 5 TDs last season. Not bad for someone who had been taken out of the game, and that doesn’t count Deion Branch’s 8-153-0 and Hines Ward’s 5-59-1 in the playoffs.

Wk Receiver Rec Yd TD

=============================

1 Chambers 5 40 0

2 McCardell 4 54 0

3 Kennison 8 112 0

4 J. Smith 5 109 1

5 S. Moss 8 116 0

6 Branch 7 87 0

7 Burress 6 84 1

8 Owens 3 154 1

10 R. Moss 6 87 1

11 Coles 6 62 0

12 K. Johnson* 6 54 1

13 Kennison 4 108 0

14 Mason 6 53 0

15 Evans** 2 5 0

16 R. Moss 5 72 0

17 McCardell 6 51 0

* - Glenn had 4-56-0

** - Moulds had 9-110-0

I realize that Bailey isn’t always covering the #1 guy and that lots of other factors are in play. And a quick glance at some play-by-play logs (like Owens in week 8 and Kennison in week 3) shows that some of these numbers were in garbage time.

I don’t really have a point. But now I’m curious. Fill me in, AFC West fans: is Bailey still the man, or is he coasting on reputation?

Tatum Bell is a huge disappointment for Bronco fans. To say any different is a flat out lie. He's been hurt all the time and has yet to show he's more than a role player. The fact that he's fighting it out with Ron "the bust" Dayne only proves how bad he is.

If Bronco fans want to find out "who won" the trade compare these players and be honest.

Broncos got Champ Bailey and Tatum Bell.

Redskins got Clinton Portis and Shawn Springs.

Which two players have been more productive?

Which player literally carried his team to the playoffs?

Bottom line, the Broncos may (I'll repeat MAY) have "won" the trade at first. Giving up Portis and getting Roland and a 2nd round pick. But the Broncos have squandered their "win" by drafting a bust who's given them very little and the Redskins have pretty much offset the loss of Roland with their FA signing of Shawn Springs.

Whatever dude. You think CBs lead their team to the SB? Did Deion lead SF and Dallas to the SB or did Young and Aikman?

And how do you know Denver won't make the SB before Champ retires and Washington will before Portis retires?

Great post btw. :rolleyes:

Don't get it. Is Champ now Deion Sanders? Damn, any Skin fan hates Deion, but he was WAY better than Roland. Also, I think we are sick and tired of these multi-millionaire cry babies. WAAAAHHH. I didn't get the respect I deserve. Boohoooo. Change my diaper!! Wahh, if I wasn't playing football I'd be curing cancer. Waah. Just Shut the **** up already. I'm glad the cry babies like Chump, Lavar, and Peirce are gone. What a bunch of spoiled brats.

so what does that mean exactly?:insane:

He is explaining why he gets beat.

Originally Posted by In-com-plete

Everybody can beat you at some time. - This statement shows us that he indeed thinks he can get beat. He admits it right there.

But if you feel like you can be beat, then nine times out of 10, you will be beat." - And here he explains why he gets beat. Because of the above statement, he is saying he feels like he can be beat. And because of that 9 times out of ten he gets beat. :D

Portis is good, just not the best. And this has nothing to do with Portis. Or the fact that Champ & Tatum Bell > Portis. It's a thread showing that Champ is in fact the best CB in the NFL.

I actually disagree. I think Portis >> Champ & Tatum Bell. And it has less to do with athletic ability than leadership. As anybody who watched the Skins make the playoffs last year knows, Clinton took the team on his shoulders. I've never seen a man so determined to win, taking huge blows and dishing out his own. All heart.

Champ is arguably the top corner in the game right now. And Portis is probably "only" a top-5 back. But heart is more valuable than pure ability, IMO. One man with a passion to win can inspire an entire team. That's what Portis does. And as good as Champ is in terms of talent, that's something he never did while he was here on the Skins. That's not a knock against him... not many players have that kind of heart. But Portis does.

I would do that trade over again in a heartbeat. In fact, I'd give up even more than that if I had to. Portis is that special.

Thanks for the trade. Seriously. I think it worked out well for both teams.

I think that, if they had to, both teams would do the trade all over again. Both are great at what they do. Both fit in with their teams. However, imagine what Champ could do under G. Williams system and imagine what Portis would be doing in Shanahan's system. But then again. We got a very good replacement in Springs and the Broncos still have Shanahan's system, which still produces.

Just to let you know Bronco Fan... Clinton Portis is to Redskins Fans what LaDainian Tomlinson is to Chargers Fans. I do the Champ Bailey/Clinton Portis trade again in a heart beat.

Clinton Portis is the best thing thats happened to Washington since the last time we won a Super Bowl.(Not counting Joe Gibbs coming back to town)

Archived