Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Champ's the best!

In-com-plete

******************CHAMPS THE BEST**************************

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urWYvlo22yo&search=jerry%20porter

*********************YES HE IS*****************************

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::silly::silly::silly::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Yeah, Champ was burnt nicely on that one. I also like the one of him covering Chad Johnson where he falls down, then gets up and claps his hands. Classic.

Why can't more fans be like our own Jerry Gray?

Added Gray: "Athletic ability, quickness, technique--that's what it takes to play corner. That's what we keep preaching. If you want examples from other teams, look at players like Champ Bailey, DeAngelo Hall, Deltha O'Neal."

I also think people don't realize how many balls don't come Champ's way.

Why can't more fans be like our own Jerry Gray?

Added Gray: "Athletic ability, quickness, technique--that's what it takes to play corner. That's what we keep preaching. If you want examples from other teams, look at players like Champ Bailey, DeAngelo Hall, Deltha O'Neal."

I also think people don't realize how many balls don't come Champ's way.

that was very random:laugh:

One Champ article deserves another:

http://profootballreference.com/blog/wordpress/

Champ Bailey

Posted by Doug on Friday, June 16, 2006

I’m going to postpone further discussion of running back workloads until next week so I can have a bit more time to ponder all your comments.

While perusing the footballguys news blogger, I came across this article on Champ Bailey. This quote caught my eye:

Broncos cornerback Champ Bailey continues to stand out from his peers. Bailey is what every team is looking for, the rare defender who can take an opponents’ best player out of a game.

I got curious and checked it out. The #1 wide receivers for Denver’s opponents combined for 86 catches, 1253 yards, and 5 TDs last season. Not bad for someone who had been taken out of the game, and that doesn’t count Deion Branch’s 8-153-0 and Hines Ward’s 5-59-1 in the playoffs.

Wk Receiver Rec Yd TD

=============================

1 Chambers 5 40 0

2 McCardell 4 54 0

3 Kennison 8 112 0

4 J. Smith 5 109 1

5 S. Moss 8 116 0

6 Branch 7 87 0

7 Burress 6 84 1

8 Owens 3 154 1

10 R. Moss 6 87 1

11 Coles 6 62 0

12 K. Johnson* 6 54 1

13 Kennison 4 108 0

14 Mason 6 53 0

15 Evans** 2 5 0

16 R. Moss 5 72 0

17 McCardell 6 51 0

* - Glenn had 4-56-0

** - Moulds had 9-110-0

I realize that Bailey isn’t always covering the #1 guy and that lots of other factors are in play. And a quick glance at some play-by-play logs (like Owens in week 8 and Kennison in week 3) shows that some of these numbers were in garbage time.

I don’t really have a point. But now I’m curious. Fill me in, AFC West fans: is Bailey still the man, or is he coasting on reputation?

Actually, Champ wasn't always on the #1 recievers. Plus he was hurt for many of those recievers (E. Kennison, J. Smith, S. Moss, and the second half against Branch when he got most of his yards). He wasn't on R. Moss on any of his catches the second time around and missed a tackle on TOs only catch on him that happened to go for like 90 yards.

Make excuses fellas. Champ's the best CB in the NFL right now and that's a fact. :laugh:

Champ Bailey

Posted by Doug on Friday, June 16, 2006

I realize that Bailey isn’t always covering the #1 guy and that lots of other factors are in play. And a quick glance at some play-by-play logs (like Owens in week 8 and Kennison in week 3) shows that some of these numbers were in garbage time.

I don’t really have a point. But now I’m curious. Fill me in, AFC West fans: is Bailey still the man, or is he coasting on reputation?

Actually, Champ wasn't always on the #1 recievers. Plus he was hurt for many of those recievers (E. Kennison, J. Smith, S. Moss, and the second half against Branch when he got most of his yards). He wasn't on R. Moss on any of his catches the second time around and missed a tackle on TOs only catch on him that happened to go for like 90 yards.

www.rif.org :)

You can have our has beens. We robbed you of Portis and got Taylor as a replacement. We couldn't afford Champs ridiculous salary and got a better CB in the process. As you just said, Champ gets injured. You can't be a good CB sitting on the bench. Your boy is broken.

Sounds like your still mad about that second quarter and those 5 TDs. :logo:

Make excuses fellas. Champ's the best CB in the NFL right now and that's a fact. :laugh:

The best CB in the NFL would be a durable CB who usually plays......that's not Roland.

Archived