Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dante Culpepper - I'm a missing something?

NattyLight

Can someone please explain to me how he's going to propel the Dolphins' to anything more than a mediocre season? This has to be the most inflated and overspeculated addition in the offseason. Didn't Miami give the Vikes a waterboy and a happy meal for this guy?

Inputs are appreciated.

If it weren't for Manning, Culpepper would have won MVP in 04.

Not only did he lose Moss last year, he lost his Offensive Coordinator, Scott Linehan, who was the OC at Miami last year and is now Head Coach in St. Louis, and he also lost his All-Pro C Matt Birk.

The supporting cast he has in Miami this year is much better than the one he had last year in Minnesota. The only question is his health. If he comes back 100%, the Dolphins could be sick.

Miami has great coaching, up n coming running game, and a great defense. Also, their receivers are not slouches. I wouldn't be surprised to see Miami win their division.

Actually, I think after Chambers and McMichael the Dolphin receivers are the epitome of slouches.

Still I wouldn't write off Culpepper. He was dreadful last year but he's had bounce back years in the past.

If it weren't for Manning, Culpepper would have won MVP in 04.

Not only did he lose Moss last year, he lost his Offensive Coordinator, Scott Linehan, who was the OC at Miami last year and is now Head Coach in St. Louis, and he also lost his All-Pro C Matt Birk.

The supporting cast he has in Miami this year is much better than the one he had last year in Minnesota. The only question is his health. If he comes back 100%, the Dolphins could be sick.

culpepper is going to have to show that he can read a defense, especially in a division where he plays bellichick twice.

when he had moss he only had to worry about zone or single away from moss- who would nearly always be doubled.

once he lost moss, the defensive schemes got complicated and he threw 12 pciks in 8 games and had a career low rating.

now nobody is going to defend miami like they have moss, so he's going to have to improve or he'll look like he did last year before the injury.

Yeah, the Patriots aren't the dominating force they used to be. The division is up for grabs. Once you get into the playoffs, anything can happen. But no, I don't believe the Culpepper hype either. His performance last year was absolutely pathetic. What's even more pathetic is that I picked him in my fantasy draft.

:doh:

Do you guy's realize that the Dolphins, with Gus Frerotte as QB, haven't lost a game since week 11? The hottest team in the league, at the end of the season with a question mark at QB. Fella's, Gus can't sniff Culpepper's jock. Granted, he had a horrific season last year, but you have to think that this was a case of him trying to prove that the Vike's could still contend without Randy. In other words the guy was pressing trying to make the big play on every down.

You have to think that with Chambers, who's already a beast, and McMichael he's going to rebound in a big way. In all honesty, if there was a choice between Dante and Brunell at the beginning of last season we all would have been carrying signs begging the Skins to bring Dante in. His addition makes the Dolphins a valid contender in the AFC.

Miami hired Mike Mularky as OC who did pretty good in Pittsburg reviving Tommy Maddox's career.Plus at the same time 2 of the teams in thier division - Jets and Bills have new coaches and GM's, so they'll have an advantage over them. - I would never count the Pats out though.

Ok, homie, tell me the last time, outside of Marino, that Miami has had above average quarterbacking? The answer is, they haven't. They and the Bears are neck and neck as far as QB futility in the last decade.

This is the closest they have come since Marino. Who knows if he will light it up or not, but he is damn sure better than anything they have had there in the last ten years, easy. Or since Marino, maybe it's less than ten years, I don't know.

I hope they do well.

Culpepper put together one hell of a season the last time he was really healthy in Minnesota. He did it for half of the season without Randy Moss, he can win without him. Last season the Vikings run game was terrible those first few weeks where Daunte was struggling...honestly they got like 40 yards on the ground one of those games...thats terrible. You take away Clinton Portis and Mark Brunell may look like the worst QB in the NFL, same goes for any QB. Culpepper was facing nickel and dime blitzes and got picked off a lot.

I think his career will be jumpstarted in Miami.

Do you guy's realize that the Dolphins, with Gus Frerotte as QB, haven't lost a game since week 11? The hottest team in the league, at the end of the season with a question mark at QB.

I beg to differ.

A certain team in the NFC won 5 straight to end the year(6 straight including playoffs). ;)

Can someone please explain to me how he's going to propel the Dolphins' to anything more than a mediocre season? This has to be the most inflated and overspeculated addition in the offseason. Didn't Miami give the Vikes a waterboy and a happy meal for this guy?

Inputs are appreciated.

If he is healthy he is a very very good QB in the right system. Two year sago he almost beat out Manning for the NFL MVP season - he had an incredible year only beaten by the best statistical year ever by NFL QB.

He will make Miami much better on offense.

Inputs are appreciated.

As a Dolphins fan, I can only wish we'd given up a waterboy and a happy meal. We gave up a 2nd round pick :mad:

And I can't say I'm thrilled with the decision at all. Culpepper was awful last year, and his injury and replacement with Brad Johnson was the best thing that happened to the Vikes last year. I'm optimistic about the dolphins coaching, but I'm highly skeptical that Culpepper will be the piece that takes the phins deep into the playoffs.

As a Dolphins fan, I can only wish we'd given up a waterboy and a happy meal. We gave up a 2nd round pick :mad:

And I can't say I'm thrilled with the decision at all. Culpepper was awful last year, and his injury and replacement with Brad Johnson was the best thing that happened to the Vikes last year. I'm optimistic about the dolphins coaching, but I'm highly skeptical that Culpepper will be the piece that takes the phins deep into the playoffs.

With all due respect, how does a Dolphins fan become a frequent poster on a Skins message board? The two don't seem to cross paths very often.

Archived