Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Reasons Dallas Won't Win the Superbowl

CPstretch

with all this talk about them being favored and blah blah about the superbowl, i think we need to discuss why it wont be happening.

the reasons i will give are with regard to their defense, mainly their front 7

they simply do not have a good defense. the projected starters are as follows:

DE: Chris Canty

NT: Jason Ferguson

DE: Marcus Spears

OLB: Demarcus Ware

ILB: Bradie James

ILB: Akin Ayodele

OLB: Bobby Carpenter

this is not a good front 7 at all. they do not have the right personnel in the right spots. ferguson is not a legit nose tackle, much like glover wasnt a year ago. at only 305 pounds, he is lighter than DE spears who weighs 307. the NT usually should be so big that they need to be double teamed but that doesnt seem to be the case with ferguson. canty and spears are both excellent fits at DE in a 3-4 so i cant hate there.

at LB, ware is a good fit but carpenter seems like an awful OLB in a 3-4 to me. he is incredibly slow and doesnt seem like a legit pass rusher at all. bradie james showed last year in the 35-7 ass beating that he isnt very good at covering TEs which he is responsible for doing and ayodele is a natural weak side LB who has never played in the middle before.

i just dont think their defense is good enough to even take them to the playoffs.

with all this talk about them being favored and blah blah about the superbowl, i think we need to discuss why it wont be happening.

this is not a good front 7 at all. they do not have the right personnel in the right spots. ferguson is not a legit nose tackle, much like glover wasnt a year ago. at only 305 pounds, he is lighter than DE spears who weighs 307. the NT usually should be so big that they need to be double teamed but that doesnt seem to be the case with ferguson. canty and spears are both excellent fits at DE in a 3-4 so i cant hate there.

at LB, ware is a good fit but carpenter seems like an awful OLB in a 3-4 to me. he is incredibly slow and doesnt seem like a legit pass rusher at all. bradie james showed last year in the 35-7 ass beating that he isnt very good at covering TEs which he is responsible for doing and ayodele is a natural weak side LB who has never played in the middle before.

i just dont think their defense is good enough to even take them to the playoffs.

Well considering our defense was ranked one spot behind the Skins D, in the first season of the 34 and before we upgraded it. I would say the D has a pretty good shot at being very good.

Unfortunately, Parcells couldn't have scripted a last years draft any better. For the needs he had to go 3-4, he got all the personnel wanted. Yeah the NT is hazy but they felt ferg. was the guy. Parcells had him and liked him in NY and made acquiring him their number one priority. The question is can they win the SB. No, to young.

I agree w/ everything you said, I would also add how I have a feeling Bledsoe will be taking more hits this year too. Yeah, Bledsoe goes down and Dallas will look pretty bad on O too. Thats why I'm very comfortable w/ our team b/c we could lose 1 or 2 guys on D and still be very good, we could lose a couple on O and we would still be in every game, and Gibbs players have proven they can step it up w/ their backs against the wall.

I can't wait to see another sweep against Dallas this year. I took some dumb Cowboys fans money last yr and I have a good feeling I'll be taking a lot more this year. :dallasuck

Carpenter too slow??? Ferguson not a NT??? You are an idiot.

I bet you think Archeletta is a cover safety and ARE can catch 100 balls

ARE would catch 100 balls and have 32 Tds if he played against Dallas's sorry D 16 times. Archeletta...who is that? Before you start calling people idiots, you may need to learn how to spell, I find this to be a common theme w/ Cowgirl fans.

1 thing I can say is, A.A. can cover better then Roy Williams, I've never seen A.A. get burned 2x's in 1 qtr for tds :laugh:

I have a feeling Bledsoe will be taking more hits this year too. Yeah, Bledsoe goes down and Dallas will look pretty bad on O too. :dallasuck

What makes every one think bledsoe is anything great? He lost his job with his last two teams.

What makes every one think bledsoe is anything great? He lost his job with his last two teams.

Who said he was great

I know if Bledsoe got hurt, Dallas would be in some trouble b/c they already have a suspect O-line and can't run. I think Bledsoe is better then whoever else they have at the Qb spots.

carpenter ran 4.7 before the draft, most pass rushers run in the 4.6 region.

as for ferguson, 305 LBs is small for a NT. of all the teams that play a 3-4, they have a NT who weighs at least 320.

Well the cowboys have to go through the REDSKINS first before they start

thinking Superbowl. :helmet: Plus I think Philly will be just chomping at the bits

to give TO a nice warm reception when the boys play at Philly. :)

Well here's to the cowboys getting smashed by our REDSKINS.

:cheers: GO REDSKINS..:helmet:

Archived