Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This has to be a joke Redskins/ Dallas tickets over $1000?

Stephenva79

Aren't those "limited view" seats??

IIRC, the blanket "Limited View" is marked on all seats at or above Row 18 that are not obstructed view. In other words, you may have a clear view of the field, but the tix at or after Row 18 are still marked limited because of the overhang. A ticket with a clear view in Row 17 is probably not marked at all, meaning its face value is the same as the 100 level: $109 each. Still, IMO, the overhang is oppressive.

IIRC, the blanket "Limited View" is marked on all seats at or above Row 18 that are not obstructed view. In other words, you may have a clear view of the field, but the tix at or after Row 18 are still marked limited because of the overhang. A ticket with a clear view in Row 17 is probably not marked at all, meaning its face value is the same as the 100 level: $109 each. Still, IMO, the overhang is oppressive.

Hey Mark --

Actually the obstructions start down in row 14 -- maybe even 13 if you're unlucky.

Check out this picture:

http://flickr.com/photos/rufwork/166848630/

That's from section 225 looking down row 15 into section 224. The pillar butts up next to seats in rows 13 & 14. You can get some awful seats in rows 15 and later. Even in the rows in the back of the 200s you'd have to contend with serious obstructions, though the pillars get "smaller" back there. Last year seems like those 15 and ups were about $640 for the 10 tix. Crappy ones (like the one I ended up getting behind the pillar) were $490, now $333.

-- Aside: Anybody know where the Skins list the face value price for seats in all of Fedex' sections?

Anyway, anything lower than 14 are "limited" because of the overhang, as you said but a few rows sooner, and anything 13-14 back are obstructed because of the four-foot pillars. Fun times.

Hey, I still had great seats for Portis' mauling of the 49ers, and I'll be back in the Cave of Chaos this season. Thinking about the NFC East games plus Atlanta and the Jets this year.

Hey worstSeat,

Yeah I know. The pillars are in Rows 13 and 14. What I'm saying is, you can't get a ticket above row 18 that doesn't say "Limited View" or "Obstructed View" on it. The best seat up there is still regarded as "Limited View" by the Redskins. But you can get a ticket below (and I believe in) Row 18, between the pillars, that is clean, and has the full face value equal to the 100 level tix printed on it.

Hey worstSeat,

Yeah I know. The pillars are in Rows 13 and 14. What I'm saying is, you can't get a ticket above row 18 that doesn't say "Limited View" or "Obstructed View" on it. The best seat up there is still regarded as "Limited View" by the Redskins. But you can get a ticket below (and I believe in) Row 18, between the pillars, that is clean, and has the full face value equal to the 100 level tix printed on it.

Hrm -- I didn't think you could get a clean seat in the 200 section past the first couple of rows. The overhang certainly severely limits the view of some people in rows lower than 18, as you will miss not only the scoreboard but the tops of punts, kickoffs, field goals, and bombs. In fact, I can't imagine more than the first row or two of the 200 sections escaping that blockage.

I wonder if that cutoff might mean that the overhang is so bad for some people above 18 that you miss the home sidelines a bit. Here's a pic from row 15:

http://flickr.com/photos/rufwork/169265013/

I wouldn't think it'd get so bad you'd miss part of the field, but certainly, as you can tell there, rows below 18 are pretty limited, even without pillars. If they're charging full price, no wonder some people are still less than impressed.

Thanks for the info. Hail to the Skins, etc.

Yeah, well, I checked the view from various rows. From the last row, Row 23 or 24 depending, you can barely see above the cheerleaders' heads on the opposite side.

Remember in pre 2004, the rows went to Row 14 in the 200 level. They were all top dollar seats. The advantage, of course, is they are under cover. If you sat through that first season in 1997, you'll remember it rained like five and a half games that season. It was pretty miserable without cover. When Snyder sent out his invites for "upgrades" for the new rows in early 2004, he informed us that we should buy now at $69, because he would be raising them to $79 in 2005. There was no such thing as obstructed or limited view seats being printed on the tickets in 2004. Prices were uniform.

I agree with you, it's not fun to sit waaay back there, pillars or no pillars.

Archived