Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins.com: Sean Taylor at the OTA's

ibrahim

well last year the skins got in trouble for showing too much...yall need to chill a bit and get out of the house or something

Right On!!

I mean, I'm a Skins Fan too, but some of these people need to get a life!!

This is the NFL, not the days of our lives or Lost on Fox. Dont over hype a situation. Sure Sean likes Clark, but its not like he moved to Mars. I'm sure they still keep in touch. Archuletta is a team mate, not someone who held Ryan Clark for ransom. I'll trust our coaching staff's assessment over yours. Apparenly they feel AA is a better strong safety in this system. If they didnt think so, they would have saved money and resigned Clark. Clark is no where near the Blitzer as Archuletta.

Nor the cover man. Not the tackler. nor is he even close to the athlete. Ryan could have stayed, and I bet if ST really threw a fit, they may have upped their offer. The only thing I've seen that Clark had over Arch is better hands to make the interception. Anyone who thinks Clark is better at coverage than Arch... needs to go check the game film again. RC was nothing special, but a hard worker and a good guy.

For all we know maybe he and GW had a falling out? Clark was always a strong saftey in a cover corner's body. Not to mention Sean has good friends on the team already in Rocky and Clinton. I'm sure everything is just fine.

How long is RC's contract with the Steelers? Maybe he'll come back soon. I'm sure he'll miss it here :)

well last year the skins got in trouble for showing too much...yall need to chill a bit and get out of the house or something

Exactly. Unless you all think it's worth the risk just so you can see your boy in action.

I don't really like the coverage. Would be nice if they just filmed him throughout the day, and then show what he did. They always seem to be filming at the wrong time, and show Sean just standing around.

I think they should film him the whole offseason...that way other teams could have an instructional tape on "How to Play Like Sean Tayor".:doh:

THEY ALWAYS SHOW GUYS JUST STANDING AROUND NOT DOING MUCH.... why do i even bother, and i really hate the advertisements before we can actually watch. Makes me not even wanna bother. Spam and horrible video clips. :(

Huge mistake oh yeah very huge and costly too, about a 4 million dollar difference. Ryan earned a pay day and just didn't get it...but thing about it was he only wanted about 4 million less. Sean prefers Ryan. One thing's wrong with AA, and makes Ryan better as both a player and a person is that...well, you'll see. But anyway AA is not going to be an S&T...so he mind as well get use to it. I think the FO really missed that one. (I'm gonna make sure I can reach back and access this post toward end of season). But no matter where I'm at in the world I'll be watching....

:munchout:

Who cares what Sean prefers. It's what Gregg Williams prefers that matters. Gregg Williams made Ryan Clark a free agent commodity, just as he did with Antonio Pierce. These guys were scrap before he put them in a position to succeed. Not that they are bad players, mind you, but no one saw anything in them before Williams did. If he wanted AA to be the new strong safety, I trust he had a very good reason.

I think they should film him the whole offseason...that way other teams could have an instructional tape on "How to Play Like Sean Tayor".:doh:

:laugh: You guys are taking my suggestion way too seriously. Just look at the coverage they had today, it was great. You're an idiot if you think video of Redskins doing drills will give away our game plan. Plus, it would be nice if you read an updated post of mine, which says that I liked the videos they've shown of late.

It was just a thought on how to make the coverage better.

I have to apologize for my ignorance, but what does OTA stand for?

I only wanted to bump this thread because I felt redeemed today. On ESPN Motion today Brett Favre admitted that he didn't know what OTA meant until a few days ago.

So there ya go; Brett and I are two peas in a pod...

:laugh:

There is a big difference between going to Miami and hanging out with the people ST was with, or going to workout and work out three times harder than any other human being does like AA with his trainer. Not a double standard.

Not trying to argue here but can you give some sources? While we are all well aware of Taylor's legal troubles last off season, I believe he did show up in great shape...let's not discount his entire offseason work-outs at "The U" over his legal troubles....if I remember correctly his staunchest supporter during all of this was one Clinton Portis who repeated (several times I believe) that ST was working hard in Miami, defending all the flack he was getting for not being in DC...

so again, not to argue, but what (exactly) did you mean y "hanging out with the people ST was with"??

Who cares what Sean prefers. It's what Gregg Williams prefers that matters. Gregg Williams made Ryan Clark a free agent commodity, just as he did with Antonio Pierce. These guys were scrap before he put them in a position to succeed. Not that they are bad players, mind you, but no one saw anything in them before Williams did. If he wanted AA to be the new strong safety, I trust he had a very good reason.

Have to say...that's tough to argue with...Gregg really does have a way of bringing out the best in his players and seeing what seemingly flies past other coaches....

Welcome to the family Adam Archuleta....

I only wanted to bump this thread because I felt redeemed today. On ESPN Motion today Brett Favre admitted that he didn't know what OTA meant until a few days ago.

So there ya go; Brett and I are two peas in a pod...

:laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That is so funny. Vindication is your morning cereal my friend!

Weak as it is I guess that's why we gat to see evryone just running around, besides I am sure they put Sean on there just to show everyone he's there, surprised to see Archuletta since he's been "excused" from a good portion of OTA's. Know I am being a 'Canes homer but can anyone say double standard.:doh:

There is a big difference between going to Miami and hanging out with the people ST was with, or going to workout and work out three times harder than any other human being does like AA with his trainer. Not a double standard.

amen.. I've lost track of how many times gibbs has used the terms legendary and workout referring to arch... also, arch was coming in every other week, missing some workouts but hitting up most of the meetings (as far as I've understood from what I've heard and read). This is not a knock on the U players, just a defense of archuleta.

Any bets on how many people arch and taylor knock out of games this year?

2 each ....But Sean's two will be off the field.

Any bets on how many times he is fined/suspended?

amen.. I've lost track of how many times gibbs has used the terms legendary and workout referring to arch... also, arch was coming in every other week, missing some workouts but hitting up most of the meetings (as far as I've understood from what I've heard and read). This is not a knock on the U players, just a defense of archuleta.

Any bets on how many people arch and taylor knock out of games this year?

My bet is 4... 1) taking TO's head off, 2) breaking bledsoe, 3) scaring the hell out of crayton and glenn as usual, and 4) a uniform violation;)

My bet is 4... 1) taking TO's head off, 2) breaking bledsoe, 3) scaring the hell out of crayton and glenn as usual, and 4) a uniform violation;)

I totally agree, but Sean and CP will continue to get Uniform Violations until Gibb's seems to care about it. With Gibbs' celebration of the free spirit in football I doubt it, unless the NFL really leans on him.

So in essence - I agree but make that 16 uniform violations. No I mean 19 :) No I mean 19 plus the pro bowl. Yeah. :D

I'll just glad that Larry Michael called out all of you haters on the Sean Taylor tidbit.

I just don't see what's wrong with constructive criticism. Take it or don't, there's no need to make a deal out of it.

Archived