Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Baseball Player saves flag from being burned

stevenaa

I had never heard that story, but I also dont follow much of baseball. that was a cool video, the look on the idiots faces when he snagged it must have been great. one of idiots took awhile to realize the flag was snagged, in that still he was still trying to light the flag but all that was there was grass :silly:

Yeah this was very cool. I was too young to have seen this when it happened, but as a Cub Fan i know the story. Very cool. On the day of the anniversary i was in MLB chat and changed my screen name to Rick Monday. Nobody noticed.

Man...talk about lax security!! They just ran onto the field, and had a few minutes to douse and then try to light the flag...in today's sports, those guys would be tackled by 10 guys before they got 5 feet!! :laugh: Its a different world...;)
it was guys that like that turned it into a different world ... there's a time and a place for protest, and the outfield of a Major League game certainly isn't it.

Very cool video though - I like how Tommy Lasorda made it a point to go out there and chew them out, and how he said Rick Monday "beat him there" when he was probably 100 feet from the guys when Monday grabbed the flag.

I knew the story but it was cool seeing the video with the interviews, etc. I am sorta surprised that he chose the snatch the flag rather than bulldoze option. In retrospect it was the right decision because I didn't know it was douched in lighter fluid. If he had tackled them they could have been fighting on top of Old Glory burning. The video almost got me choked up.

Archived