Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

Guest sith lord
some one PLEASE answer this question

Doesnt copyright law prevent you from selling videos?

if so why the heck did VINNY MAC take all the kol content off youtbe they are not selling it

the only thing I figure is that it may hurt his WWE 24/7 network

I made a thread about this a few days ago titled, "I can't stand Vince McMahon."

Guest sith lord
TNA may have the most history in it's belt, but do you really think more people in America care about the NWA Heavyweight Championship than the WWE Championship?

Interesting that this was brought up because just yesterday I posted on another message board that TNA should occassionally tell their fans that their title has lineage going back 100 years. Unlike WCW, they would be telling the truth.

Interesting that this was brought up because just yesterday I posted on another message board that TNA should occassionally tell their fans that their title has lineage going back 100 years. Unlike WCW, they would be telling the truth.

Yeah they should hype that up for this Sting/JJ feud.

Yeah they should hype that up for this Sting/JJ feud.

Nah, save it for Joe. I can't wait for his title run to begin. It really is a shame that TNA doesn't have a secondary title (kinda like a US title or Intercontenental title) other than the X division title. I could see that being the belt that he would hold now while they are prepping him for his title run.

The NWA Mid Atlantic Division use to have the TV title. The Tv title was always up for 15 minutes or tv time remaining. In non televised matches the match would continue after 15 min. but the title was not up for grabs after the time limit. I would like to see the tv title brought back.

Guest sith lord
The NWA Mid Atlantic Division use to have the TV title. The Tv title was always up for 15 minutes or tv time remaining. In non televised matches the match would continue after 15 min. but the title was not up for grabs after the time limit. I would like to see the tv title brought back.

Me too. Remember in the NWA when there was the:

1. World Heavyweight Title

2. US Heavyweight Title

3. TV Title

4. North American Heavyweight Title

5. Western States Heritage Title

6. World Tagteam Title

7. US Tagteam Title

8. World Six Man Title

Yeah I remember that. They really should bring it back. I understand what TNA is/was trying to do by trying to make themselves seem like they were the new edgy(but not too edgy) alternative to the fed, but I think it's time that they started to adopt some of the old pre WCW practices.

Is it just me or did it seem like Tully Blanchard (w/Baby Doll) always held the TV title? :)

Guest sith lord
Yeah I remember that. They really should bring it back. I understand what TNA is/was trying to do by trying to make themselves seem like they were the new edgy(but not too edgy) alternative to the fed, but I think it's time that they started to adopt some of the old pre WCW practices.

Is it just me or did it seem like Tully Blanchard (w/Baby Doll) always held the TV title? :)

I don't know about that. Between 85-87 it was pretty much passed around by Blanchard, Rhodes, Nikita Koloff and Arn Anderson. Blanchard was a 2 time champ and Rhodes was a 3 time champ.

I don't know about that. Between 85-87 it was pretty much passed around by Blanchard, Rhodes, Nikita Koloff and Arn Anderson. Blanchard was a 2 time champ and Rhodes was a 3 time champ.

Oh no doubt. I was young and it always semmed like it was either he, Arn, Windham or Dusty that had the belt. I just remember that being the one title that Tully always had other than the tag belts. I'm not sure but I think he may have had some US Gold as well. I'll have to check.

Guest sith lord
Oh no doubt. I was young and it always semmed like it was either he, Arn, Windham or Dusty that had the belt. I just remember that being the one title that Tully always had other than the tag belts. I'm not sure but I think he may have had some US Gold as well. I'll have to check.

Yep. In 85 Blanchard was the US Champ until he was defeated in the famous "I Quit" steel cage match by Magnum TA. He also held the North American Heavyweight Title in early 86.

Don't forget the Mid Atlantic Championship Belt as well. The Mid Atlantic Wrestlers use to come to my town Wilmington, NC alot. It was great seeing Flair and Steamboat and Chief Wahoo Mcdaniels and Sgt Slaughter and all the old time great Wrestlers. I think it would be great to try to incorporate the Tv title Belt and the Hardcore belt as well. I remember all the great wrestlers would rotate belts and that the Four Horseman alot of times held all the belts. Ric Flair would be the NWA Champion and Tully the Tv champion and Gene and Ole Anderson would be the Tag team Champions. The " Minesota Wrecking crew. Arn joined the Horsemen when eith Tully left or when Gene got hurt.

I would pay if they dug up the old UWF footage and put it on DVD. UWF, now that's bringing back some serious memories there. They used to show that in DC when there was a wrestling show on 6 days a week.

Oh, the memories of the UWF. Man they had some serious up and coming talent that went on to star in NWA/WCW and the WWF.

Remeber when there were Sheephearders not Bushwackers.:laugh:

http://www.wwe.com/shows/ecw/shows/ecwonscifi/articles/3151890/sacrificiallamb

Sacrificial lamb?

By Louie Dee

August 28, 2006

Tuesday night, Paul Heyman will be stepping into the lions’ den. After weeks of trying to keep Sabu out of the ring with ECW World Champion Big Show, it is now Heyman who will do battle with the Suicidal, Homicidal, Genocidal Extremist. But this won’t just be any match; this will be Sabu’s specialty, an Extreme Rules Match.

So, if Heyman has tried to keep his champion away from Sabu, why would he step into the ring himself? For ECW’s self-proclaimed Messiah, it’s simply a matter of righting his own wrong.

“This entire situation with Sabu is my fault…I am man enough to take care of the problem that I should have nipped in the bud to begin with,” Heyman told ECW.com. “It was a mistake to bring back Sabu; it was a mistake to renew my relationship with this man. He is my creation; Sabu was a freak show in Japan, carved up by barbed wire…the epitome of a garbage wrestler when I risked everything in September, 1993 to bring him into ECW and build the company around him. I risked our launch, I risked my fortune, I risked the entire concept of ECW on my belief in Sabu, and he owes me for that.”

In fact, Heyman considers himself like Dr. Frankenstein, who must destroy the monster he has created.

“I made Sabu a worldwide commodity known across the globe, famous beyond his wildest imagination. But instead of being grateful and appreciative of me and supporting Big Show’s reign, Sabu had to come at me with his selfishness,” Heyman screamed. “Well he’s my monster, and Dr. Frankenstein has to be the one to slay his own monster. I have no other choice as a man but to step into the ring and take care of a mistake that I clearly made several months ago when I brought Sabu back into global prominence.”

Regardless of his bravado, Heyman has to be afraid of what might happen to him; if he feared for the 7-foot, 507-pound Big Show’s safety, his own could be in severe jeopardy. However, he told ECW.com that he hopes the ends will justify the means.

“I am a martyr. I have bled for ECW, I have damn near died for ECW…and if that’s what it takes to rid ECW of Sabu, then I will lay my life on the line for the promotion that has resurrected from the ashes named Extreme Championship Wrestling.”

Sabu, on the other hand, is salivating at the opportunity to get Heyman into the ring, and said that everything Heyman had to say was false.

“F*(k Paul Heyman! This is what he wants, this is what he gets. He thinks he’s going to step into the ring with me? Is he joking?” Sabu screamed. “I am Sabu. Paul Heyman didn’t make me; my uncle trained me, and I made my own sacrifices. I never asked anyone in the audience to accept me; I earned their respect, and I earned my relationship with the ECW fans because I made my sacrifices. I’m proud of my scars; every scar on my body is a badge of honor. Heyman didn’t make me, the ECW audience did. And if Heyman wants to step into the ring with me, I am going to deliver a beating to Paul Heyman. A merciless, extreme beating like he has never suffered in his life. I’m going to make him suffer.”

It’s obvious that Sabu is looking forward to this match, but oddly, it seems that Heyman is as well. In nearly a decade of being associated with ECW, Paul Heyman has never stepped inside the ring. There’s a first time for everything…but will Paul Heyman survive?

With "Cowboy" Bill Watts owner/promoter when it was fashionable for owner's to be in the booth not as a character in the ring. Imagine if "The" Dan was calling games!!!

Watts fued with The Freebirds was legendary.

Announcer...I couldn't imagine that, but I did hear that he was trying out to be our emergency punter/kicker :rolleyes:

Thanks goes out to Skinsfan1992 for posting that you tube link to some UWF footage.

---------------------------------------

Matches like this are the reason I love Ring of Honor.

http://www.wrestlingobserver.com/wo/news/headlines/default.asp?aID=17228 The DVD is on the way. I can't wait.

I am officially a total TNA mark through and through. Those guys are absolutely nuts. Best fans, the best wrestlers, and the ultra-cheesiest angles.

Hahahaha Cornette brings such old school cred to TNA for me, and I feel that they really have the future of the business in their roster.

ECW I think is the only WWE product I can stomach a whole episode. And that's because of Sabu, RVD, and Holly. Regardless of how crappy the product is overall I can trust those guys to bring it in the ring. Well Sabu... I mean he's not exactly the Sabu of 1997.... but he's still a crazy-ass dude and I love seeing him bring the jihad in every match.

(When Sabu goes nuts and points to the sky I always imagine that it's jihad, 'cause then he usually sacrifices the body in some f*cked up way)

BTW... I will still keep trying to watch Raw on Mondays if only to see Vince. I am the consummate Vince mark and I am buying that DVD set next week FO SHO.

A buddy of mine has it, and with all the funny stories about Vince there's a real touching segment he said where Regal pours his heart out about how Vince helped him get over his addiction.