Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NBA Championship

gchwood

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

With the Conference Finals under way, who is your pick to win it all. For me, after suffering through years of being the doormat of the league my Mavs are finally on the threshold, so they are my pick

I agree with you. The Mavs were finally able to get past the Spurs....this is the Mavs' year.

Guest sith lord

I hate to say it, but Dallas is going to win the championship. I would have picked the Pistons, but they have not been playing all that good as of late.

I hate to say it, but Dallas is going to win the championship. I would have picked the Pistons, but they have not been playing all that good as of late.

'Sheed better wake up or the Pistons may not get past Miami. At this point in time I would have to say the Mavs will win it all.

i think mimai can beat the pistons and any 1 in the west... i think that neither teams in the west can play shaq and the heat can slow down the suns and the mavs

Shaq's fat ***** can't keep up with the likes of Dirk and Eric Dampier

Shaq's fat ***** can't keep up with the likes of Dirk and Eric Dampier

You really think Shaq would be guarding Dirk?

Also please tell me you aren't serious about Dampier - the guy averaged less then 6 points a game this year. How much did the Mavs pay for this fool who is only known at all because he declared himself the 2nd best center in the league last year and Shaq made fun of him for it? Shaq has lost several steps but he'd ruin Dampier in a series.

Shaq and Dampier in the same sentence? You must be joking.

Dallas was fortunate to beat San Antonio with their best player on two bad feet.

PS- Shaq won't be guarding Dirk.

You know that Dallas' best palyer has 2 bad feet and 2 bad knees as well, so that kind of even things out

PPS Shaw will have to guard him at somepoint especially when Dirk slashes through the lane, but he will fly past him with Shaq standing no chance.

and also tell me hows gonna guard wade and keep up with jason williams speed?

D Wade will be covered by Josh Howard most likely, and seeing as how he is quickly emerging as one of the better defenders in the league that shouldn't be a problem. As for Speedy Jason Williams, Jason Terry can easily take care of that. There is a reason why Jason williams keeps getting replaced at point guard, think about it.

D Wade will be covered by Josh Howard most likely, and seeing as how he is quickly emerging as one of the better defenders in the league that shouldn't be a problem. As for Speedy Jason Williams, Jason Terry can easily take care of that. There is a reason why Jason williams keeps getting replaced at point guard, think about it.

yeah its because of big pts guard backing him down in the paint like kidd and billups. :doh:

yeah its because of big pts guard backing him down in the paint like kidd and billups. :doh:

I was thinking in a larger scale in regards to his career, like in Sac Town where he was replaced by Bibby, and then Memphis, and soon Miami, he is a above average pg but he isn't good enough to keep him self on a team for long term

Perhaps we should let Dallas beat the Suns and the Heat beat the Pistons, before we start freaking out over match ups between the two. The Suns aren't a bad team and when they have a good shooting night there is no team in the NBA they won't beat. The Pistons have looked bad every since the Game 3 against the Cavs but could come out of that funk at any moment.

Perhaps we should let Dallas beat the Suns and the Heat beat the Pistons, before we start freaking out over match ups between the two. The Suns aren't a bad team and when they have a good shooting night there is no team in the NBA they won't beat. The Pistons have looked bad every since the Game 3 against the Cavs but could come out of that funk at any moment.

But then we wouldn't be able to witness this ludicrous pissing match.

This has been one of the best NBA playoffs, probably since Jordan left. Each of the 4 teams remaining have a legitimate chance of winning. I give the edge to the Heat right now for several reasons. One, they already stole homecourt advantage from the Pistons. People forget they had Detroit beaten before D. Wade went down with a freak leg injury. They were able to close the Nets out in 5, which was huge in terms of rest. Two, they have the best player left in the playoffs. Before gchwood jumps down my throat, I will say that I think Dirk is the best offensive player left on the playoffs. But Wade's ability to play shutdown defense, and his ability to play off the ball makes him the better overall player IMO.

Also, I think the winner of the Suns/Mavs series will be at a huge disadvantage, especially if the series goes 6 or 7 games. The pace of this series will be EXTREMELY fast, and the winner could be gassed by the time the Finals roll around.

This has been one of the best NBA playoffs, probably since Jordan left.

I don't know where it ranks but it has been a fun playoff to watch. Both of the Suns series were great fun and the Pistons/Cavs battle was better then expected.

Archived