Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NBA Championship

gchwood

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

But then we wouldn't be able to witness this ludicrous pissing match.

This has been one of the best NBA playoffs, probably since Jordan left. Each of the 4 teams remaining have a legitimate chance of winning. I give the edge to the Heat right now for several reasons. One, they already stole homecourt advantage from the Pistons. People forget they had Detroit beaten before D. Wade went down with a freak leg injury. They were able to close the Nets out in 5, which was huge in terms of rest. Two, they have the best player left in the playoffs. Before gchwood jumps down my throat, I will say that I think Dirk is the best offensive player left on the playoffs. But Wade's ability to play shutdown defense, and his ability to play off the ball makes him the better overall player IMO.

Also, I think the winner of the Suns/Mavs series will be at a huge disadvantage, especially if the series goes 6 or 7 games. The pace of this series will be EXTREMELY fast, and the winner could be gassed by the time the Finals roll around.

I think that D Wade is an incredible player, however he is not guarding Dirk, and Josh Howard is guarding him. I can't see how Haslim or Walker have any chance of stopping Dirk.

That being said as another poster pointed out the Heat have to get past the Pistons and the Mavs past the Suns.

imo the Heat are going to win because they are the most rested team. And unless Shaq gets hurt he is going to dominate the paint like always...the Pistons are playing inconsistent and the Mavs should come out of the West but by the time the Finals comes around they are going to be worn out....they played there hearts out just to get by the Spurs...

Yea everybody was picking the heat over detroit last year, and the year before that too. Too bad the pistons wont lie on their backs and let them walk all over them. Even though they were out of fuel and didnt have much rest the pistons still kept it a close game, and next game expect to see alot of fouls on shaq just like miami did on ben to get the low percentage shooters to the line.

Detroit in 7

Mavs in 6

Detroit in 7.

Mav's lost game 1.

Like I said - they have to get past the Suns first and Nash and friends aren't going to make it easy. Mav's "should" win - but if they keep running and gunning like they did last night, they probably won't.

Mav's lost game 1.

Like I said - they have to get past the Suns first and Nash and friends aren't going to make it easy. Mav's "should" win - but if they keep running and gunning like they did last night, they probably won't.

The Mavs are just trying to make this interesting that is all, they are just toying with them, they will go down 3-1 and then come back and win:D

Archived