Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dead weight

Jskins_83

I don't think either Moss or Jimoh ever took themselves out of a playoff game whining "I think I have a concussion."

Newsflash... if you can say it while walking off the field, you probably don't have one. Forget the injuries. He has had a couple truly freak injuries. What he doesn't have is intestinal fortitude. He couldn't even step up and be a valid #2 when the job literally fell in his lap.

Oh but Jimoh did during the Tampa game i believe. He got beat or hit and he came off looking like he was about to faint and that he couldnt handle the playoff atmosphere. If you cant get up for a playoff game and take yourself out of the game..... lets just say waiver wire please...

Oh but Jimoh did during the Tampa game i believe. He got beat or hit and he came off looking like he was about to faint and that he couldnt handle the playoff atmosphere. If you cant get up for a playoff game and take yourself out of the game..... lets just say waiver wire please...
I don't think this happened, I think you're confused with when Jimoh came out of the second Eagles game in Philly last season when he was playing corner (after Springs went out of the game with his groin injury and Carlos still had his torn bicep) and he had to get oxygen and medical treatment in the locker room because he had an irregular heartbeat (it went up to 140 according to Bubba Tyer). Jimoh may not be all-pro, but you can't accuse him of not having any heart, because that's straight up false.

As for Jacobs, he seems like he has the physical tools but he's just a huge wuss, maybe it's because of his freak injuries over the years, the pressure of playing in an NFL game rather than practice, who knows, but if Saunders and Gibbs decide to keep him as a #6 or something, then so be it, the odds of him seeing a lot of playing time with all the guys ahead of him now are extremely slim so what's to worry about?

Sometimes people do get concussions ya know, and sometimes they can force you out of a game. Anyone of us would be off the field after one hit so lets not question this guys toughness because of that particular circumstance. Lets see how he looks in the preseason then if he still sucks well .......

Thank you everyone for adding some quality remarks. Escept the one guy who thought I was Dan Brown, or something... i dont know. He must be a Dallas fan. Who ever knows whats going through those idiot's brains.

Anyhow... back to the topic at hand. Taylor Jacobs. Why is a trade not a possibility? I mean, it seems to be a concensus that coaches like him yet he doesnt produce. Well isnt there anymore coaches in the league that might have some pretty good marks on this guy and his potential. i mean hell, at this point and our depth at WR couldnt we get a young DB or LB for Greg Williams to bring allong at a discounted price?

Just a thought...

He's not bad on Special Teams. He blocked a punt in Detroit two years ago, and I think he blocked the one in Denver this past season, too. Not to mention I always see him on coverage teams.

Though if we have to keep 5 WRs, he is definitely out.

there have been times when he was open and mark either threw a bad ball or missed him all together. having said that, he's had his chance and didn't rise to it, the job was his to take and he disapeared.what a shame.the first florida reciever i really wanted is a patriot, chad jackson.big, fast. oh well. if it is between him and patton, goodbye jacobs. him vs. a good outside lb or cb goodbye jacobs for depth.

It all comes down to economics and youth guys..... I would have to say it is safe to say Moss, EL and Lloyd will be our 1,2 and 3. Now the question is ...out of these 3 ....Taylor J, Thrash and Patten...which players play mulitple positions? out of these 3 guys who is making the most money? Talent does come into play....but we already have 3 talented 1,2 and 3 on our team......the odd man out should be David Patten

It all comes down to economics and youth guys..... I would have to say it is safe to say Moss, EL and Lloyd will be our 1,2 and 3. Now the question is ...out of these 3 ....Taylor J, Thrash and Patten...which players play mulitple positions? out of these 3 guys who is making the most money? Talent does come into play....but we already have 3 talented 1,2 and 3 on our team......the odd man out should be David Patten

patten has been a kick return man in the past and he could step in on special teams. because of saunders desire to run three receiver sets its conceivable that we keep 6 wr's. also, if we were going to releasepatten we probably already would have based on the leagues new two player exemptions.

I agree with you, but my name is neither Joe Gibbs nor Al Saunders. My hunch is that he'll be cut at the end of training camp - one last chance to shine. Perhaps in this offense he will. However, I just don't see room for him on the roster.

Moss

Lloyd

Randle El

Patten

Thrash - ST, emergency WR

Jacobs - ?

Archived