Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Joe Gibbs Story....

Hitnskins

As I sat here reading this, in the bad mood of all bad moods, I couldn't help but smile. Its not so much Coach Gibbs' faith that hits me, but his unique character. He's in the hall of fame, he's won 3 superbowls, he's coached some of the best, he's won in football and nascar. He could act like TO, "i'm the best, im the best" but he doesn't. I love his genuine sincerity. i love how he looks for the good in everyone, be it superstar, or just a regular person. I love that he came back so that I could experience first hand the man behind the legend. I love the determination and hard work ethic that he has.

...I love the Redskins.

:logo:

I believe many of those great traits you spoke of are born of his faith.He is a once in a lifetime individual and we are very fortunate.

It kinda makes me wonder if Coach Gibbs keeps religous paraphanelia on him for the purpose of passing it out to his many admirers. He would make one hell of a Jehova's Witness.

It is kinda funny to hear you say maybe I should try to live more like Joe Gibbs. I have joked to my friends many times that during football season more people worship Joe Gibbs and the Redskins on Sunday than anything else.

Joe Gibbs lives like that cause of Christ so I'm sure he's eager to tell people about how his life was changed by Jesus. The revelation that the original poster had whether he knows it or not is not so much Joe Gibbs living a certain way but Christ living through Joe Gibbs.

Joe Gibbs lives like that cause of Christ so I'm sure he's eager to tell people about how his life was changed by Jesus. The revelation that the original poster had whether he knows it or not is not so much Joe Gibbs living a certain way but Christ living through Joe Gibbs.

Exactly. AMEN.

Anybody who wants to understand Joe Gibbs should read his two books. He leaves no doubt as to his faith in Christ.

not much of a celebrity hound. never been awestruck in front of olympans i've met, etc. but i tried to imagine what it would be like to meet gibbs. i think i would truly be speechless. of all living people on this earth today, he's my hero - for so many reasons.

Over the past 3 days I was involed in a major car accident, my boss was fired and there was a rumor that I was going to be rif'd. This story made me smile for the first time in 3 days. Thanks brother for sharing this experience. God does work through people

Before I even read half of your post, I was thinking (as were you) that there was no way in the world the Fat Tuna would take time out to chat casually with a fan.

Great story, man

I agree totally. My grandfather got a copy of Gibbs' autobiography and went to a book signing and got it autographed. Joe wrote "God Bless" or something and signed his name. One reason I love Gibbs so much is that as good a coach as he is, he's really easy to root for. People like T.O. and Barry Bonds are some of the best at what they do too, but they're such a**holes, more people hate them than like them. I have yet to hear one negative thing said about Gibbs from people who have met him.

Okay, this has probably been answered a thousand times on this board but I've never seen it and I've searched before and couldn't find it but why is Joe Gibbs not included in the Washington Hall of Stars? Everytime I go to a Nats game I think about it looking at the wall but never remember by the time I get home.

how can anyone who replied in a favaorable way to this post still be a fan of riggins, its mind blowing to me.

Joe is not only a genious of a coach, but he really makes skins fans feel appreciated and important to this team.

then you get a dog like Riggins blasting this guy just to make a buck..

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132690&highlight=anti+gibbs

Some people go crazy when they meet celebrities...something which I have never understood. I used to work at UVA Hospital (5 yrs.) and we had a lot of them come through there. To me, they are just another person like anyone else I have ever met.

So who impresses me? People like Coach Gibbs! That is the kind of person I like to meet...that is the kind of person I admire.

I am new to this board, but so far, this is my favorite thread!!! There is nothing better to discuss than a man of great character. I used to think that I wanted to meet Bill Cosby, after all, I had only heard great things about the man. But my brothe-n-law (who was once a waiter) had the honor of serving Mr. Cosby one night, and he said the man treated him like dirt. That ruined my desire to meet Billy boy...and the sad part is, the boy looked up to him too...until that night.

Men like Coach Gibbs are rare indeed. On page one of this string I read:

Originally Posted by Hitnskins

And you know i had to think to myself, i wonder if someone like Bill Parcells would do the same thing.....and as i started to debate it, i thought why don't i try and be more like Coach Gibbs?

Coach Gibbs demands that his players be men of good character...I hope that as fans, we will all strive to give him FANS with great character. Let's make it impossible for him to ever want to retire! May each of us ask ourselves the question as quoted above and let's show the world that our fans are men & women of great character!!! Let's make all of the cowboy fans wish they were REDSKINS fans! :)

:logo:

Great story thanks for sharing!!!

DITTO!

Hey TXREDSKINS44...

Your Sig is awesome man...the best I have seen so far IMO...let's get the Skins organization to make a T-Shirt like that....with the full picture of the indian of course!!! I'd love to have a sig like that...awesome! Hey...can you send me a copy without your name in it so I can print it and laminate it???

Archived