Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bush will wear #5

dent19

Bush will wear #5

Just spoke to player on Saints. Bush will be listed as WR because RB's can't wear #'s below 20. Not sure when the last time a RB has played a down with single digits.

I can't wait to see it....... SWEET

:cheers:

Sorry no confirmation to post.

As I stated once, Reggie Bush deserves no special immunities to the rules of the National Football League. Veteren players, for example, E.James was not allowed to wear #5. I think that Reggie Bush thinks that the rules don't apply to him and think he is showing no respect for the league by pushing for a special "acceptance" to the rules.

Only problem is that wide receivers can't wear #5 either.

If he is listed as a quarterback or kicker/punter, THEN he could try and wear #5.

We'll see. Stay tuned.

I thought they could. I'll get some more info.

NFL seen the big money to be made selling jerseys so let him have his way.

My thoughts exactly. This guy is more marketable than Jesus and he has yet to set foot on an NFL field in a game. They are going to make a hell of a lot of money off of this.

I think that Reggie Bush thinks that the rules don't apply to him and think he is showing no respect for the league by pushing for a special "acceptance" to the rules.

If they are going to let you get away with it, why not do it?

Don't get me wrong, I think its crooked that the NFL would even allow it. But if they are going to let him, he might as well wear it.

My thoughts exactly. This guy is more marketable than Jesus and he has yet to set foot on an NFL field in a game. They are going to make a hell of a lot of money off of this.

Why would they make more money off a Saints #5 Bush jersey than a Saints #15 jersey or whatever number he ends up being?

Why would they make more money off a Saints #5 Bush jersey than a Saints #15 jersey or whatever number he ends up being?

The reuptation he has already built himself in college, and the fact that no runningbacks have numbers that low, trust me for all of the people that buy jerseys of a player they like rather than liking one team and the players on it they would make a **** load of money.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9418054

As for the most significant jersey number of any rookie, it doesn't look as if Saints running back Reggie Bush will get to wear No. 5 like he did back at school.

Running backs only can wear numbers from 20 through 49. Anything more or less is against the rules. Rules changes are proposed by the Competition Committee or individual clubs, reviewed and then taken to a vote (sometimes). Changes to the rules require the affirmative vote of 24 of 32 clubs. To date, there has been no formal proposal brought to the NFL's office about changing the jersey numbering system for running backs.

dent19 wrote when he started the thread they werent listing him as a runningback on their roster. Would it be legal then bubba?

1-9 Quarterbacks and Kickers

10-19 Quarterbacks, Receivers, and Kickers

20-49 Running Backs and Defensive Backs

50-59 Centers and Linebackers

60-79 Defensive Linemen and Offensive Linemen

80-89 Receivers and Tight Ends

90-99 Defensive Linemen and Linebackers

Unless Bush becomes a QB or a Kicker he's not wearing 5.

http://football.about.com/cs/football101/a/bl_numbersystem.htm

While I think it is strange they are granting Bush this priveledge, and I understand why it may upset some folk, I simply don't give a damn.

I understand the concept of becoming attached to your number, and I'm happy for Reggie being able to keep it.

While I think it is strange they are granting Bush this priveledge, and I understand why it may upset some folk, I simply don't give a damn.

I understand the concept of becoming attached to your number, and I'm happy for Reggie being able to keep it.

he ain't going to wear #5

They aren't going to grant his request. No way this happens, Mort reported as much as well on ESPN radio this week. The competition committee isn't about to change its rules to accommodate one player.

Archived