Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

LaVar close To Being a Giant!

E-Dog Night

There is one questionable Redskin fan: major harris. if you root for him after what he did to us when he gave our money back as to spit in our face; YOU ARE NOT A REDSKIN FAN!!! THAT GOES FOR ANYBODY!!!

LaVar didn't spit in our faces. If that was true the players would be coming out of the wood work saying this and that about LA. The only person who said something after LaVar's departure would probably be Mr. Lindsey. You have to stop putting judgement on fans because they like LaVar. True skins fans have the right to like someone who played hard on the field and did such good things in the DC metropolitan community.

relax on hanster guys, jeez, he was just stating his opinion with a bit of overstatement in his tone to joke around.

as for Lavar....this has to get done. The g'aints have to be the highest bidder...theyre obviously the most serious, he wants to play against the Skins, wants to be with AP....theyve got him right where they want him.

There is one questionable Redskin fan: major harris. if you root for him after what he did to us when he gave our money back as to spit in our face; YOU ARE NOT A REDSKIN FAN!!! THAT GOES FOR ANYBODY!!!

I told myself I would never post anymore about this topic because of the strong beliefs people have, it's either right or wrong, no in between, but I keep reading stuff like this and wonder what people are really thinking about.

It's wonderful to love this team (to a degree) but please understand this team is made up of players, players that come and go. Players and coaches that need to do what is best for them in the long term. So I at this point will never fault a player for leaving for what he thinks is best for him and his family, because in 10 years, we aren't going to care much about them, and they still have to pay the bills that the Redskins or any other organization will not do.

So for this person to say that they guy spit in the organizations face for giving the money back has truly not thought about what he is saying.

Some of you folks forget that he was not givin any kind of promise not to be a June 1 cut??? Also with the crazy money they spent on some players that I and a lot of people think that should not have givin them he certainly would not have been around here long!! So why not give it back?? Let him go out and find employement with someone who wants him.

Come on people think sometimes, take off the Redskins blinders and think about stuff sometimes.

I would like for ya'll to check out SportCenter and listen to what Ray Lewis had to say about the teams putting their star players in a position to make plays, then come back and think about why a lot of our people have "left the building" Especially LA!!!!

ntoro..."Not for nothing, Al, but LaVar is no longer a Redskin."

understood. just reflecting on the vitriol and frankly ridiculous venom being directed LA's way. example: we move from "I'm contemplating retiring as a Redskin.." to..."the man is a liar because he didn't retire." rather extreme comment on someone based on one event - especailly in a business where EVERYONE (including management) puts out misinformation/disinformation. moreover, courtesy of the virtual manhood the Internet provides - not a comment anyone is likely to make to LA's face in a more manly kinda way.

folks keep forgetting: Joe went to the man's house to try to persuade him to stay. there may have been a large divide over the cost required to make that happen...but the symbolism was imminently clear - he had value to the Skins.

I'm not the one initiating LA threads. but I do object to much of the crass posting that goes on, mostly character assassination....followed by attempts to squelch those who react.

anywho......rounds of golf to play! have a good weekend.....the draft will be boring...let's get training camp started already!

I thought he only wanted to be a Redskin, and if he wasn't he would probably retire? :whoknows:

Now it looks like he'll go through a lot of trouble to become a Giant, just so he can get beat by us twice a season?

I guess I see why everybody loves him so much... :jerk:

I love Lavar... I don't care if he's considered overrated... I don't care that he lied to us about being a Skin for life.... He's done alot for this organization in the past... and he's a pretty nice guy... however; if he joins the Giants... his jersey is being burned at the first Giants/Skins home game!!!

We can now burn him twice a year when he is out of position!

Exactly! I figure he's good for giving up about 2-3 big plays per game, especially since the Skins coaching staff is well aware of his tendencies.

Although it's not exactly rocket science how to handle LaVar. Get him matched up against an O-lineman -- any O-lineman -- and he turns into a non-factor quicker than Brian Bozworth.

LA = instant under-achiever -- just add blocking!

btw....anyone think there might be a chance...just a wee chance...that the Skins did pull a bait & switch that Arrington's agents were too lazy to pick up on?

What do you mean? About how the Skins supposedly left out money on that one contract his agents signed?

Oops...looks like a deal ISN'T close to being done, as those folks reported last night:

http://www.thejournalnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060421/SPORTS01/604210345/1108/SPORTS01

Although LaVar Arrington was in New York to take a physical yesterday, Giants general manager Ernie Accorsi said the team isn't close to signing the prized free- agent linebacker.

"Nothing has happened in the negotiations," Accorsi said. "Obviously, you are not going to even think about a player unless you get a physical examination. So we have that. That has not, in any way, affected or influenced any supposed negotiations. Nothing has gone on, on that front at all."

Clink on link for full article

Wow, people really think that Lavar Arrington won't make the Giants better. Let me get this straight, people think it will be easier for the Redskins to beat the Giants if they sign Lavar Arrington? Tell me your joking. Tell me that it's your sense of humor and that it went over my head. I want everyone to look at the Giants team, especially their defense. If they add Lavar Arrington, their starting defense will have the following players

Sam Madison

RW McQuarters

Antonio Pierce

William Joseph

Gibril Wilson

Will Demps

Lavar Arrington

OSI UMENYIORA

MICHAEL STRAHAN

Try blocking against this type of defense on a 3rd and five or longer. First off our tiny receivers are going to get smashed at the line, we will only be able to put two out wide anyway because we have to bring in an extra blocker. How many teams are going to successfully block that combination on a regular basis? Someone mentioned putting an O lineman on Arrington. Well then are we going to block Strahan with a tight end? You see the problems this starts to present us with? Do you see how we really don't want Lavar with a chip on his shoulder playing for the Giants. He will make EVERYONE ON THE TEAM BETTER. Just like Marcus Washington said about him. Just like Antonio Pierce is saying about him now. You may not have liked Lavar as a person but don't let that cloud your judgement about what he can be as a player.

:doh:

Wow, people really think that Lavar Arrington won't make the Giants better. Let me get this straight, people think it will be easier for the Redskins to beat the Giants if they sign Lavar Arrington? Tell me your joking. Tell me that it's your sense of humor and that it went over my head. I want everyone to look at the Giants team, especially their defense. If they add Lavar Arrington, their starting defense will have the following players

Sam Madison

RW McQuarters

Antonio Pierce

William Joseph

Gibril Wilson

Will Demps

Lavar Arrington

OSI UMENYIORA

MICHAEL STRAHAN

Try blocking against this type of defense on a 3rd and five or longer. First off our tiny receivers are going to get smashed at the line, we will only be able to put two out wide anyway because we have to bring in an extra blocker. How many teams are going to successfully block that combination on a regular basis? Someone mentioned putting an O lineman on Arrington. Well then are we going to block Strahan with a tight end? You see the problems this starts to present us with? Do you see how we really don't want Lavar with a chip on his shoulder playing for the Giants. He will make EVERYONE ON THE TEAM BETTER. Just like Marcus Washington said about him. Just like Antonio Pierce is saying about him now. You may not have liked Lavar as a person but don't let that cloud your judgement about what he can be as a player.

Having lavar COULD and MAYBE will make them better. There is no guarantees, if it was a sure thing he would be dominant and helpful he wouldnt still be on the market i.e. Juilius peterson, Will Witherspoon

Well, if his plane left at 1pm, he's already headed out of town, hopefully with no deal.

Seems like LA is the only one really fired up about being a Giant. Most of the NY fans I know around here really don't want the guy, and aren't shy about saying so. Obviously most Skins fans are opposed to it. And it certainly doesn't seem like the NY FO has been bubbling with praise about LA and how they are thrilled with the prospect of adding him to their team. The whole things just seems like "meh...whatever"

Sam Madison

RW McQuarters

Antonio Pierce

William Joseph

Gibril Wilson

Will Demps

Lavar Arrington

OSI UMENYIORA

MICHAEL STRAHAN

If that was the case then dont you think the gsacks would know that and would pay to get him?! Knowing he would make their D so much better? "our tiny recievers are going to get smashed at the line" really? We had tiny recievers last year too and we set records againt some tough D's. I dont like to see Lavar going to any team in our division but thinking that their D will be that much tougher is just not realistic. Strahan is on his last leg as well.

btw....anyone think there might be a chance...just a wee chance...that the Skins did pull a bait & switch that Arrington's agents were too lazy to pick up on?

Ummm, in a word, no.

Do you really think that a team with the deepest pockets in the league would try a fast one like that? This isn't like buying a gallon of milk. This is dealing with a player that you plan on being around for a while and agents who represent other players that you may want to have somewhere down the road. It just doesn't make any sense.

Tell me your joking.

No.

Tell me that it's your sense of humor and that it went over my head.

No gonna do it.

First off our tiny receivers are going to get smashed at the line

No, they will out-juke their defenders at the line. They may get jammed at the line occasionally, like any WR will, from time to time.

He will make EVERYONE ON THE TEAM BETTER.

NO HE WILL NOT. He may play better himself because of the talent along the Giants D-line, but LaVar is not, and never has been, the type of player to make everyone else around him better. He's had 6 years to prove he's that type of player, and it has never materialized. Why would he start next year?

No.

No gonna do it.

No, they will out-juke their defenders at the line. They may get jammed at the line occasionally, like any WR will, from time to time.

NO HE WILL NOT. He may play better himself because of the talent along the Giants D-line, but LaVar is not, and never has been, the type of player to make everyone else around him better. He's had 6 years to prove he's that type of player, and it has never materialized. Why would he start next year?

I gotta believe that Antonio Pierce knows a little something about this. AP was here through Lavar's good years and his injury years. If he didn't think LA would make the Giants better then he never would have said so. I gotta think Jeremiah Trotter knows something about this too. He wanted to get LA in Philly. Gotta think that Nick Saban and Jack Del Rio know something about this too. The showed some interest in Lavar.

Lavar said he wanted to get to know his next team very well before signing. He also said he wanted to play against the B&G twice a year. Well him and his agents seem close to getting those two things worked out. The Giants coaching staff isn't just a bunch of new guys off the street. The Giants have some pretty dam good support around Arrington and he has a lot to prove. Those are some dangers things that could easily equal trouble for the Redskins.

I think this upcoming season is going to be one of the best the NFL has ever seen. The NFC East from top to bottom may be the best division ever assembled in all of sports. When you look at everything from the coaching staff to the 53rd man on each roster you see ALOT of talent across the board. The teams in this division are going to be beating the crap out of each other week in and week out this season. Couple that with the fact that the NFC East has to play the NFC South and the AFC South and the road is going to be pretty bumpy. If Lavar goes to the AFC it would be a good thing for the Redskins. The last thing the Redskins need is a weakside linebacker with a chip on his shoulder and all the potential in the world trying to beat them down.

The last thing the Redskins need is a weakside linebacker with a chip on his shoulder and all the potential in the world trying to beat them down.

The first thing Al Saunders wants is to play against a linebacker who has a reputation for being undisciplined and has a chip on his shoulder. Lavar always looks for the big play...if Saunders is worth his money, he'll bootleg and misdirection Arrington to death. Lord knows other teams have against for years...it's running right at him that causes problems.

Archived