Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TE Fasano vistis Redskins...

RWJ

I really think we should be looking CB, but I do like this guy.

WSe all know JG loves his TE's too.

Not too far-fetched, but I think it's just a backup plan at this point.

With the WR's in our div and being thin at CB's, we're taking a CB with our top pick.

If all the CBs, LBs, and DL we are looking at are gone and we still are at 53 then a good pickup

I dunno, Joe Gibbs has said that character of a player is #1 in his book. So I can't help but think that bringing in these players is not about what they do on the field (cause we have game film for that). I think Joe's trying to see who could be a "core" Redskin. :2cents:

i've always thought fasano was really slow and unathletic, i dunno why, i just dont see him being a great TE in the nfl

I somewhat agree with you on this. Fasano is not slow, as he ran a 4.71 forty at his Pro Day. But that speed is nothing special for a TE, compared to Vernon Davis, Klopfenstein and Pope.

Drafting Fasano with a 1st or 2nd round pick would be a surprise and disappointment for me, because if the Skins are seeking a Tony Gonzalez or Antonio Gates type TE, they need a faster TE. Unfortunately Vernon Davis (4.38 forty) is impossible for us to get, so that only leaves TE Leonard Pope (4.62 forty) or Joe Klopfenstein (4.62 combine forty and 4.55 Pro Day forty) in my book. Mercedes Lewis is a good TE, but his speed is only average at 4.80.

If the Skins need another blocking TE, IMHO they should stick with Jason Posaisk who can be had for a 6th, 7th draft pick or as a free agent.

I can't see the Skins trading 2 or 3 2007 draft picks to move up and then draft another TE like Fasano.

With the WR's in our div and being thin at CB's, we're taking a CB with our top pick.

I really hope you are right! WE NEED ANOTHER CB!

If JG loves TE's why don't we have a good one?

Archived