Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Homebrewing Questions

Mr. S

Tarhog,

I was looking at that Bourbon Barrel Porter just this morning! Let me know how that turns out I think I might put it in my next order.

Currently, I've been getting my recipes from Beer Wine and Hobby: http://www.beer-wine.com/beer.asp

and Homebrew Heaven :http://www.homebrewheaven.com/

I have liked every thing that I have gotten from them so far. Beer Wine and Hobby ships extremely fast.

I'm going to try Northern Brewer next. I see that their prices are a little bit lower.

I enjoy buying everything (grains, hops, yeasts, and malts) separately and coming up with my own mad creation. I am about to have one of my Black Boar Stouts as I post this.

blackbaorstoutup2.jpg:cheers:

I'm bottling my Bourbon Barrel Porter tomorrow - a basic porter recipe with bourbon (Maker's Mark in my case), oak cubes, and fresh vanilla bean. I'm really looking forward to this one. It smells unbelievable. Also going to make an American Lager this weekend, should be ready for the heat of Summer.

I love making beer :)

Just curious HPD (great username btw...), what brand kits are you using?

You already have my address. :2drunks:

I must say that I love this thread. Although I have never home brewed myself, I have a friend that does so often.

Very informative and I continue to teter on whether I want to try this or not.

I have a kegerator and for now it works for me. A keg is less than $140 and = about 7 cases of beer. The CO2 costs me about 15 bucks, which lasts for a while.

Bumpity bump!!!

My wife got me a brew kit for valentines day and I love it! I just got finished cooking up my sixth batch about ten minutes ago. So far, it's been one of the most rewarding hobbies that I have started.

Mr. S, did you ever give it a go?? What about you, Chewy?

I've only used kits so far, but I do like to change them up occasionally. So far, I've brewed: a Newcastle clone, an India Pale Ale, an oatmeal stout, a Summer Ale, and a dark ale that I fooled around with quite a bit (I call it Roll in the Dirt, the bottles have labels with my dog doing just that). Today's batch is a Trappist Ale that I'll have to wait about four months to drink (most take around 4 weeks). It is going to be a VERY strong beer.

I highly recommend brewing to any beer lover, it's easy, fun, and rewarding. :cheers:

that sounds great, this will give me more people to contact when I start and need help. I have not started yet, mainly cause I was busy with one thing or another. Things are starting to slow down, but they are about to pick up like none other soon.

Also, as mentioned, living at home kinda screws up your intentions of brewing as parents are against it. I'm glad you enjoy it though, I will most likely get a kit and try once I move out in August.

I'm bottling my Bourbon Barrel Porter tomorrow - a basic porter recipe with bourbon (Maker's Mark in my case), oak cubes, and fresh vanilla bean. I'm really looking forward to this one. It smells unbelievable. Also going to make an American Lager this weekend, should be ready for the heat of Summer.

That Bourban Barrel Porter sounds great! :cheers:

Oh, and John, can you please let me in on some of this Makers batch you are doing. I will happily send you my address and pay for shipping, bottles, caps, box...basically everything but labor and parts. :D

We are in the same state after all. Hell, I will pick it up if need be.

Seriously Makers beer would be a dream come true.

Bumpity bump!!!

My wife got me a brew kit for valentines day and I love it! I just got finished cooking up my sixth batch about ten minutes ago. So far, it's been one of the most rewarding hobbies that I have started.

Mr. S, did you ever give it a go?? What about you, Chewy?

Had a few life changing moments in my life the last the last 9 months, so I am a bit behind. I still plan to do this in the next year though.

Looking forward to it.

:)

Sigh. And here I am behaving myself, not drinking all that much beer anymore, and this thread shows up again. Sigh. I'm thirsty. ;)

Then.. have a drink pops. :silly: The beer is ice cold here. Not homebrewed but, it is being drinked (drank, drunk, etc, etc) at home... so that has to count for something.

A wise man once said: " I'd rather be a good liver than have one." :notworthy

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived