Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

#53rd pick - you pick, who is it???

Renegade7

Daniel Manning is a great pick. Many people dont know him because he played Division II football but he was money during the Senior bowl and combine. The small school effect will let him slide far enough to within our reach

:helmet: :helmet:

Nobody. This year's NFL draft has no value for our team. We have one pick in the Top 150 and it's at #53. Any player that I would have wanted at any point in the draft will be long gone before #53, so as far as I'm concerned the NFL draft isn't even happening this year. If I were the Redskins GM I'd just package the few picks we do have for a pick somewhere in the 2nd or 3rd round next year (if possible) and ignore the draft alltogether. If I couldn't get anything worthwhile for them I'd just ignore the draft alltogether.

But the draft isn't just about acquiring the high profile "sexy" pick. Its equally important to obtain depth and quality special teams players. To me that is the primary focus of this draft, and I have no problems with that whatsoever.

Darrel Tapp, most emulates characteristics Joe Gibbs and G.W. want. High motor player with Ronnie Lott work ethic on and off the field. Leader, with top intangibles. Makes up for his size with excellent technique. The guy all around defines high character. Plus Va Tech players are becoming known as special teams stallwarts in the nfl...another huge Joe Gibbs plus. The guy always plays as if he is the underdog. His size gives him just the chip on his shoulder to motivate him to succeed. His formative years at tech Bud Foster had them playing scheme oriented-teamcentric gangtackle-defense that is almost as agressive as GW's and displayed a knack for turnover points, something we desperately lacked at the beginning of last season. The guys only downside is his size and with his work ethic and high motor it is almost an advantage for him. Plus we need some va tech in the locker room to back up Prioleau and keep Moss, taylor, and portis honest.
This should be interesting, because if I am not mistaken, the "victims" are accused of commiting the EXACT same crime at another time. Not just theft, but theft of ATV's. I am not a judge, but it that seems pretty relevant to me.

EDITED -- Know you were joking, but, let's try to avoid Prison Break incitement where possible :).

Thanks. Art.

I agree, Tapp has the full throttle motor to get to the Q.B., and also plays the run very well. Also, didn't they say John Randle was too small to play D.T.?

But the draft isn't just about acquiring the high profile "sexy" pick. Its equally important to obtain depth and quality special teams players. To me that is the primary focus of this draft, and I have no problems with that whatsoever.

Sorry, I don't believe in the "53 Nobodies", builld through the draft, style of roster that the New England Patriots have made so wonderously popular these days. It's something that the Redskins appeared interested in emulating a couple of years ago. That's a system that I could not buy into for any reason.

To me this draft has no purpose. Not a single player we acquire two weeks from now is going to make any significant impact on this team, THIS YEAR. Heck, I doubt that any of them will EVER make a significant impact on this team.

I just don't believe the draft is the right way to build an NFL football team. Since the advent of free agency I have been of the belief that Proven, Veteran talent is the way to build a GREAT team. Unfortunately the Salary Crap now gets in the way of that. Which means that the draft has to be used as a means to build. That doesn't mean that we should build with nobodies and bums who weren't even good enough in college to be a first day pick in the draft.

That's the way I see it and nothing is ever gonna change that.

we will have to trade up to get jennings and cromartie their both projected as late 1st rounds maybe even higher. I think if one of them especially cromartie slips to the 2nd round then we may bite on a trade. If not, we'll stick with 53 and take the best defensive player available: rocky, griffin, manning, d'quell whoevers left.

Tapp is not second round worthy and im a tech fan.....hes fallen to third round....its a real deep draft guys

Do a google search, almost every mock draft out there has Tapp going in the late first round, or early to mid second round. It seems to me, (this is just my opinion), that past the first ten or so picks this draft is anything but deep.

Do a google search, almost every mock draft out there has Tapp going in the late first round, or early to mid second round. It seems to me, (this is just my opinion), that past the first ten or so picks this draft is anything but deep.

Except for maybe here.... nfldraftcountdown

here..... mock site

here.... footballs future

The draft is deep, and we WILL NOT get Tapp with #53 pick

so u see... late 2nd, mid to early 3rd is appropriate..... maybe we could package some late rounders to pick him up.... but dont waste #53 on him... trade up to get CROMARTIE.....:laugh:

Cromartie would help to create a young secondary that can be a force in the NFL for many seasons to come

Archived