Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Clarification on Jason Campbell's faith

SkinsNatsFan

A troll, who is now apparently in read only mode, recently started a ridiculous thread (I know, that doesn't narrow it down at all). This one made a claim about Jason Campbell's faith. The claim surprised me and made me curious. A quick search cleared things up for me.

I figured I'd share the first thiing I found on this just in case anyone may have gotten the wrong impression about Jason because of the troll.

http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:du7Ynvbc8L4J:www.auburntigers.com/emplibrary/lsu_cover_story.pdf+%22Jason+Campbell%22+Auburn+Faith&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=4

"In February 2000, Campbell committed to Auburn after much deliberation. An individual very strong in his faith, he made the important announcement in front of his church congregation in Taylorsville."

I figured that troll had no clue what he was talking about. When I questioned his source, his response made zero sense.

Thanks for the clarification. I believe faith has a lot to do with how Gibbs judges the true character of an individual.

Well, I dont think Gibbs makes football decisions based on the faith of the player. But, I'm sure that for him, its a bonus. The aforementioned thread was lunacy.

I figured I'd share the first thiing I found on this just in case anyone may have gotten the wrong impression about Jason because of the troll.

You know what, whether Jason has the faith or not doesn't matter. It doesn't make him any better or worse a player or person. Yes, the original post was a little silly, but I don't think it gave anyone "the wrong impression" about Jason.

Perhaps it's just me, but that's how I see it.

I figured that troll had no clue what he was talking about. When I questioned his source, his response made zero sense.

Thanks for the clarification. I believe faith has a lot to do with how Gibbs judges the true character of an individual.

I think it's based on much more than just that. Remember, George Bush has a lot of faith.

it shouldn't matter what religion he is, but when someone shoots down all christian NFL QBs and say that they don't produce, then it matters. i mean, it's just an ignorant statement to begin with. i don't think anyone is obsessed with what religion he has, but would you want someone spreading stuff about you that wasn't true?

Yeah that clown was an idiot. I tried to post a reply on the thread but it was closed by then.

He basically was saying JC was a better player because he was an athiest and that Brunnell allowed his faith to interfere with his play.:doh:

I dont think we needed to follow-up on that thread, but its good to know he is mentioned as a stand-up guy. Many TD's to come.:point2sky

I believe faith has a lot to do with how Gibbs judges the true character of an individual.

I hope that is only a small part of how he judges people. I have met some pretty big, self-absorbed, me-first guys who are Christians and some pretty good atheists. The other way as well but my point is being a Jesus-freak doesn't give you any football bonus over atheists, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, agnostics or Karaoke singers IMO. People are people and their upbringing has a lot more to do with how they are than faith.

The subject of faith is to big for football or sports in general. Whether Jason believes or not (faith or no faith) isn't even valid when someone crosses the line. That's like blasphemy IMO. Scamology threw football out the window and decided to attack Christians not athletes or any other "faith based religion". I know this won't be a popular post but it's my faith and what I believe. I'm a Skins fan for life but my belief in God is always first. And it does matter whether people will believe and or not. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

The subject of faith is to big for football or sports in general. Whether Jason belives or not (faith or no faith) isn't even valid when someone crosses the line. That's like blasphemy IMO. Scamology threw football out the window and decided to attack Christians not athletes or any other "faith based religion". I know this won't be a popular post but it's my faith and what I believe. I'm a Skins fan for life but my belief in God is always first. And it does matter whether people will believe and or not. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Your goin to message board hell for that post...................

:laugh: :laugh:

Just kidding. There are many members here that are very active in their religous beliefs, as is our head coach, and many of the players. I'd say it's a pretty popular line of thought when speaking about the Skins.

"In February 2000, Campbell committed to Auburn after much deliberation. An individual very strong in his faith, he made the important announcement in front of his church congregation in Taylorsville."

Now how appropriate is that...our QB of the future is from TAYLORsville. I just love it!!!!!!!!!!! :D:cheers: :point2sky

That sounded like some troll ****....personally I'm not religious at all, but whether or not a player or coach believes in a deity does not mean dick to me. I'm concerned with what they do on the field, not off the field (Unless they're raping and killing people or something ridiculous like that).

I don't have a religious bone in my body and as long as he can throw the football I don't really care if he is a Christian, Muslim, Wicca, Atheist, whatever.

However disproving a troll makes sense, so I get why you posted this.

Archived