Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Family loss affects ticket purchase?

Lavarleap56

Shame on anyone within the organization who wouldnt understand your situation.

lavarleap, I want you to know man I admire your strength and courage in a time like this and that I'm truely sorry about your families tragedy. You definetly have me on your team and your family will definetly be in my thoughts and prayers.

Your loss is extreme, God's blessing on you at this time.

Your title thread is also extreme. Your post does not say anyone threatened to sue you. You said they told you they expect you to honor your contract. Big difference, especially since you say the contract says it is not in force until the first preseason game.

This is a tumultuous time for you and your family. I wouldn't spend any time worrying about football or seats to games. There are many people out there who will be happy to purchase your seats from you, so concentrate on what is truly important at this time.

With all due respect... It's very easy for us to say his post was extreme and what it did or didnt include, but emotions definetly get the best of you in a situation like this. Given what has happened, I think LavarLeap has handled it wonderfully throughout this whole thread.

With all due respect... It's very easy for us to say his post was extreme and what it did or didnt include, but emotions definetly get the best of you in a situation like this. Given what has happened, I think LavarLeap has handled it wonderfully throughout this whole thread.

I am not writing this thread to discredit anyone or the team at this point. I have emails that support my decision to label the thread as i have and can understand how some people affiliated with the organization in some capacity would look down on this topic for various reasons.

But facts are facts

I am not writing this thread to discredit anyone or the team at this point. I have emails that support my decision to label the thread as i have and can understand how some people affiliated with the organization in some capacity would look down on this topic for various reasons.

But facts are facts

I'm quite sure something will get worked out. No organization or business in america would want that type of bad press if it got to that level. So if they dont work with you on this and make something happen, it's only hurting them. You dont have time to be dealing with this, thats whats aggravating.

Sorry to hear this and I hope someone in the organization see's this and apologizies to you and shows you their condolences.(DAN SNYDER). He runs the show and should hold whoever handled this responsible.They could of handled it differently.Sorry to hear about your parents they have my prayers and so do you. Money is the root of all evil.Keep your head up buddy.

Ap0ligize for what?

my condolences, i think if im not mistaken there is a way to get out of contracts, the us govt, has something if you were in a contract and then want to back out you can, im not sure if its two or three days or more or less where you can get out of any purchase without penalty, i heard it in my business law class, but the teacher stuttered way to much, but do a lil research, and also there maybe some lawyers on the site that could give you some advice on contractual situations, even if u called up a lawyer and got a little time with him, or if you look over the contract fully yourself asap you may find a loophole. and i pray things go well for you i am so so sorry for your loss god bless.

yet another kick to the groin by Snyder..... you could be dead and he would still hold you to that contract.

Or maybe he's simply dealing with a ticket agent who has heard every excuse in the book from people to get out of ticket contracts. The Redskins are probably but one company the ticket agency represents.

Lavar,

So sorry for your loss. This is a terribly difficult time for you. Try to focus on you and your family. The ticket thing is easily resolved. No need to add additional stress right now. Put it on the back burner for now. The team is not going to sue you. They may require to see death certificates before they will void the contract, but that is understandable from a business perspective. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

LavarLeap,

So sorry to hear about your loss. As others have said, focus on your family and take care of what needs to be done.

As for the tickets............I work in customer service. My suggestion is you call, not write, whoever is in charge of premium seating....if you don't know, call the ticket office and find out. Trust me, it is easier to say "no" to a letter than a real person. Tell them you have a highly unique situation and your account executive is not being helpful. Try to remain calm and rational but don't be afraid to be forceful. In other words, don't become angry or abusive. Explain your situation. Make sure you understand the Redskins side (the business side of the contract). Tell the person you will provide whatever proof they may request. If willing, offer to delay the contract by one year since this was a one time loss of income due to an unusual situation.

Front line customer service folks generally toe the company's line on handling issues. Customer service managers are the ones who make the exceptions. If you don't get let out of the contract, I would escalate with a letter to Snyder.

Remember, you agreed (signed?) a contract. The Redskins have a legal obligation from you to fulfill that contract regardless of your circumstances. You have to convince them to let you out of the contract because you're situation is highly unique. Some have suggested that the Skins would not sue you because the legal costs would be higher than any compensation they get out of you....that may be true....but businesses will also pursue enforcement of contracts to send a message to people that they will not let people out of such contracts easily. While you may not need a lawyer now, you should seek counsel if your own efforts fail to get the Skins to let you out of the contract.

Just my suggestions. Good Luck.

I say we keep bumping this thread. Being the official Skins Board, someone in the oranization will eventually catch wind of this thread. Stay strong Lavar.

I'm fairly sure someone from the organization already has seen it, and responded....although I will not mention his name so I won' scare him away :D

sorry for your loss a simiar thing happened to me the redskins organazation are straight up a holes I signed up for tickets this year and had to have imediate surgery and they threatend me also and said you signed the contract now fufill it my surgery cost me 10000 out of pocket and was unexpected Anyway they set up a 5 month payment plan for me $967 every month for 5 months this team I love but they are ruthless

I am very sorry for your loss. Hang in there.

A) As a practical matter, I am confident that the Skins organization will work this out with you. Perhaps they wouldn't but for this thread, but given this thread, they would be dumb not to, and they are not dumb.

B) As a legal matter, you likely do not have the right to get out of the contract. I am highly skeptical of others' suggestions that there is a 3-day or 30-day review period for a contract of this nature.

C) Also as a legal matter, however, even if the Skins eventually did sue you, they would (in the absence of contract language to the contrary) only be entitled to receive compensation for the amount of harm actually incurred. And b/c they can unquestionably resell those sets in an instant given that it is well before the pre-season, the amount of damages is virtually non-existent. So once someone in the organization who is a higher-up and/or lawyer gets involved, I am confident they will realize it is non-sensical and counter-productive to try to hold you to the contract.

I'm sorry for your loss. May God bless you in this time of need. I will pray for you and your family as I'm sure many here will and already have. It is a shame that this had to happen, but the people selling you the tickets may not have encountered this many times, if at all. Keep trying to resolve the issue and don't give up being a Redskin's fan. We all need you :)

God Bless You and Your Family,

HTTR!

Wow man Im sorry for your loss.

Where are the seats? Im CERTAIN someone will take them off your hands here quickly. And if not, just split them up game by game, you shouldnt have any problem selling them. I know Id contribute to the cause.

You also might want to try writing a letter to the ticket office or an email with all the relevant info. Im sure if your story comes across the right pair of eyeballs, you will be just fine.

Good luck man.

The team i have been a fan of since i can remember is getting ready to sue me i believe. I signed up for season tickets on friday and was suppose to make my frst payment on tuesday, on monday afternoon late in the day i recieved a call from my mother letting me know my father and brother were in a bad car accident in seattle a few hours earlier. I had to use the money that was slated to go to my tickets for plane fair and other expenses to get to seattle A.S.A.P to be with my family.

Unfortunetly by the time i had arrived my father and brother had passed away. this is very digfficult for myself and my family and tickets are the last thing on my mind. I called the individual who sold me my tickets and explained to him the situation i found myself in and thought i would be able to forfit the hold i had on the tickets due to the fact he told me the order would not be processed until they recieved the first payment and it states that the contract does not begin until really the first preseason game.

I was advised i signed a contract and there is nothing they can do and they still expect me to fulfill the obligation. I am not even sure im coming back to the area at this point as i have been asked to stay with my mother for awhile.

I cant believe they are doing this, a team that is suppose to be all about the fans is going to sue me over this. I can see if it was months after the fact but it was three days and i was lied to by the sales executive as well.

I have been envolved with alot of Redskins endevors as well such as Yards For Youth and currently associate with alot of the players. Im not so sure this is even my favorite team anymore.

Archived