Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Family loss affects ticket purchase?

Lavarleap56

The team i have been a fan of since i can remember is getting ready to sue me i believe. I signed up for season tickets on friday and was suppose to make my frst payment on tuesday, on monday afternoon late in the day i recieved a call from my mother letting me know my father and brother were in a bad car accident in seattle a few hours earlier. I had to use the money that was slated to go to my tickets for plane fair and other expenses to get to seattle A.S.A.P to be with my family.

Unfortunetly by the time i had arrived my father and brother had passed away. this is very digfficult for myself and my family and tickets are the last thing on my mind. I called the individual who sold me my tickets and explained to him the situation i found myself in and thought i would be able to forfit the hold i had on the tickets due to the fact he told me the order would not be processed until they recieved the first payment and it states that the contract does not begin until really the first preseason game.

I was advised i signed a contract and there is nothing they can do and they still expect me to fulfill the obligation. I am not even sure im coming back to the area at this point as i have been asked to stay with my mother for awhile.

I cant believe they are doing this, a team that is suppose to be all about the fans is going to sue me over this. I can see if it was months after the fact but it was three days and i was lied to by the sales executive as well.

I have been envolved with alot of Redskins endevors as well such as Yards For Youth and currently associate with alot of the players. Im not so sure this is even my favorite team anymore.

i will do whatever really, this is not my main concern at the moment in a time when my family needs me the most im told i cant get out of a supposed contract i signed three days prior. I am grieving and lived that the ticket office would rather see me be broke after a family crisis than understand the severity of the situation. They have plenty of time to find someone to buy the seats, i just cant understand it.

Guest amaprius

My prayers go out to you....I wish I could buy tickets from you....I would not use them since I am in Frisco but you could

no one has to buy them from me. I just want every fan out there to know how this is being handled by the team that we all love. they are more concerned with making sure i fufill my payment to them rahter than the hard times i am in. I could possibly understand if i was three years nto a ten year contract but a few days after i cant believe it.

It really is sad how the current world is so dominated by the bottom line (money) that people cant even take a step back and look at a situation from another persons shoes. The lack of concern and respect some people show for their fellow man is just depressing and sad. I do find some comfort in the fact that i believe in Karma. Like i said above and im sure i speak for the majority of the board when i say you have a strong support system here, and i have found through personal experience and study in the field of pyschology that scheduling a few sessions with a therapist helps sometimes and helped me through a death in the family.

Sorry to hear this and I hope someone in the organization see's this and apologizies to you and shows you their condolences.(DAN SNYDER). He runs the show and should hold whoever handled this responsible.They could of handled it differently.Sorry to hear about your parents they have my prayers and so do you. Money is the root of all evil.Keep your head up buddy.

I'd like to think that their initial reaction is based on having had thousands of people canceling their contracts over the years, using completely false excuses of every kind, including a death in the family. And, that once they are certain you're just not changing your mind for no good reason, they'll back off. I doubt you'll be sued. Hopefully I'm not being naive.

As for the loss to you and your family. I can only hope you are all able to find the strength to get through this terrible time. Having lost two family members to car accidents myself, I know how hard it can be to deal with. The shock of such a sudden and unexpected loss can sometimes be overwhelming. It will take everything you have to get through this. You will need your family and friends, and they will need you.

Best wishes.

I am not trying to be a dick hear but your story dont ad up I have never heard of a company suing anyone with in 3 days of a contract Im sorry but I just dont belive that

and regardless what ppl think the Redskins is a company they are on the stock markets

My prayers and condolences goes out to you and your family.

I certainly hope you can make contact with someone else in the Redskins organization who can make the decision to cancel this contract with no penalties. Although this is the nature of the business, due to your situation with your family and the fact the contract was three days new, someone, of this organization, should resolve this matter peacefully.

The business aspect of organizations, in general, has inflicted many wounds that a lot of people are not aware of to include players, coaches and other fans alike.

Once again, I really hope you make contact with someone further up the chain of command that will make a favorable decision on your behalf.

God Bless!

my thoughts and prayers are with you. i know that selling tix is the last thing on your mind, but you can easily do that in the classified section here.

but i do find it disturbing that the team would do that, i hope ax is right about the possible reasoning and how it might play out.

thing is, the 'skins would have ZERO problem selling those tickets. i mean, they've got 50,000+ lined up chomping at the bit. :doh:

If they are truly threatening to sue you....wait and see if they actually do....I would place the odds on them only going as far as threatening, but not really acting. Since this is a bottom line move - it would cost more to pursue you than to just drop the issue and sell the tix elsewhere....

thing is, the 'skins would have ZERO problem selling those tickets. i mean, they've got 50,000+ lined up chomping at the bit. :doh:

I agree. - It sounds like you may just not be talking to the right person.

Sorry to hear about your family.

Hi, Wow, I'm really sorry for your losses.

Are these club seats? I've bought both clubs and regular seats from the Redskins over the years, and every time I signed anything, I accompanied it with a payment.

At any rate, I would write them a letter explaining your situation. Simply tell them you're not going to honor your contract because of the circumstances. They may threaten you with legal action, hoping to get you to send them a check, but I seriously doubt anything else will happen. When their threatening form letters don't work, they'll give up and move on.

MHO.

Good luck with everything.

Sorry about what happened to your family.

I wouldn't even worry about the threats from the sales guy. There is just no way they go through with it and actually come out with anything positive happening. You could even end up getting a settlement for harrassment. A sales person's job isn't to threaten customers and he could end up paying for it by losing his job.

Archived