Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone have the transcript of the Ann Coulter/Al franken Debate?

Destino

Which one do you dig the most (to say the least)?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Which one do you dig the most (to say the least)?

Well Chom, here is the rub. Obviously i dont spent nearly the time or energy as many on this board do paying attention to politics. I actually learn what is going on from reading what you and a few of the Democrats and Sarge and a few of the GOP'ers have to say on issues. Often good points are made on both sides, id ive learned to ignore some of the more, um, "colorful" posters (im sure you know who im talking about) I dont have the time nor inclination to listen to everything either of these 2 say. What I get is the occasional snippet or soundbite. Sometimes ill turn to Air America on my way to an appointment and get 15 minutes of Franken. Sometimes ill tune into 5 minutes of Hannity & Colmes and see Coulter.

These 2 play to their base, of which I am not a part of eithers. To me, they both come across as arrogant, self-important, and hate-filled. And not particularly smart. Both of them. Equally. Of course, its hard to tell when either of them is lying outright, or just spinning and distorting the truth.

Just trying to give you the view from the swing-voters POV. Ironically, no one seems to be trying to capture the middle, which I dont get. :whoknows:

Actually, I don't disagree with you either, that they both play to their base, they do. The difference is in the factual information one gives compared to the other. Frankin has about 10 grad students from Harvard that go through his books and try to rip apart any false statements, so the book CAN be held up to scrutney, coltier says just venomous crap.

I do agree that there are the likes of Coltier on the left, I don't deny that. . .but I do deny that Frankin and Coltier are cut from the same cloth, they are not. Frankin is like a Scarborough for a right equivalent. That is all I am saying.

While I see Al is a polarizing figure and a blowhard, he's certainly no Coulter.

Why don't you guys pick a more appropriate left vs. right comparison? Surely you can think of a left-leaner who is as Cocoa-Puff-cuckoo as Coulter, or a rightie who masquerades as an acceptable "voice of reason" but still isn't actually in tune with most of America, like Franken.

Exactly, thanks for the backup man. :D

BTW, Those ribs were f'king great man lol.

Best meal she'll ever get. All i ever give your mom is a bottle of Boonesfarm, a 7-11 hot dog, and some certs. Oh yeah, and a nice deep ****ing :D

Wow, moms is expensive, most I spent on your mom was $0.50 for a bar of soap and $5 on a 2x4 so major could strap it to his ass so he wouldn't fall in ;)

Seriously though, that place rocks (Chris Ruths) I would HIGHLY reccommend going there for dinner a bit high end, but sooooo effin good. Ended up not being able to get reservations there, so I went to McCormicks & Schmicks at the last min. Good Haddock, fish reminded me of your mom :laugh:

The closest thing I have found recently is The Economist magazine. Probably because they are Brits and can look at our political issues from outside the fray.

Completely agree, I get that mag all the time because they try to keep it even all the time.

The economist isn't in the middle of anything. It absolutely has it's own agenda and views that it pushes down your throat non-stop. They happen to be very well researched and tend to be on the "intelligent" side of the issues, but don't mistake them for some kind of neutral player.

Too bad I am leaving work, because it would be fun making a fool out of you for the umpteen millionth time. . .it's been a while. But seeing how your only defense is a emoticon, I will let it rest for today.

:laugh:

A better comparison would be Coulter and that Ward Churchill guy.

Franken uses 100% facts (and jokes) from government studies and the like. That's why conservatives hate him. He uses facts that are hard to debunk, unless you want to look stupid.

A better comparison would be Coulter and that Ward Churchill guy.

Franken uses 100% facts (and jokes) from government studies and the like. That's why conservatives hate him. He uses facts that are hard to debunk, unless you want to look stupid.

Because He's Good Enough, He's Smart Enough, and Doggone It, People Like Him!

stuart_for_senate.jpg

What a freakin' moron.

Because He's Good Enough, He's Smart Enough, and Doggone It, People Like Him!

What a freakin' moron.

Ummm, yet again, you pop up here to add nothing to the conversation or thread. . .wonder why?

Are you going to stick up for Coltier? Or try to call Frankin a liar? If so please use facts and sources, it makes it a lot easier to read for us all. Otherwise, go and troll pn the freerepublic, or rush's website, you'll fit right in there. . .

However, this was slightly amusing

Ann Coulter

Will Hollywood Democrat Alec Baldwin ever crossbreed with right-wing provocateur Ann Coulter?

It can't be ruled out - but judging by their reactions to the possibility, it would sure be an angry coupling.

"Would you rather sleep with Ann Coulter or Dianne Feinstein?" Elle magazine asks the actor in a raunchy interview.

"I gotta go with Feinstein," Kim Basinger's ex answers. "With Coulter, we'd have sex and I'd have to jump out the window. I wouldn't even get dressed."

Yesterday, Coulter told Lowdown: "That's the only reason I can think of for wanting to have sex with Alec Baldwin."

Sen. Feinstein (D-Calif.) prudently declined to enter this fray.

http://whttp://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1581824807/103-8958715-9207033?v=glance&n=283155

www.frankenlies.com/links.htm

check it out all you Franken worshipers, i added a link to Amazon.coms selling of the book Pants of Fire for its reviews, very funny actually the 1 star rating from the libs and the 5 star ratings from the conservs. check out the reviews and what people are saying and see if it doesn't look familiar..

For me Franken is not only not funny hes a idiot political hack trying to be important.

http://whttp://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1581824807/103-8958715-9207033?v=glance&n=283155

www.frankenlies.com/links.htm

check it out all you Franken worshipers, i added a link to Amazon.coms selling of the book Pants of Fire for its reviews, very funny actually the 1 star rating from the libs and the 5 star ratings from the conservs. check out the reviews and what people are saying and see if it doesn't look familiar..

For me Franken is not only not funny hes a idiot political hack trying to be important.

I ripped apart the first "lie" I grabbed off the website and tore it apart above, do you want me to go through them one by one and singlehandedly rip EACH and EVERY one apart for you? That website is made by the RNC to counter the truth, and it is full of BS, if you really are serious about believing this crap and shoddy journalism, I will go through it and show you where they lie and obfuscate to muddy the waters, but you will not be happy you brought it up I can tell you that much.

To claim he is an "idiot political hack" and refering to a website full of holes to back you kind of turns that quote of yours right around and back onto yourself don't ya think?

Ummm, yet again, you pop up here to add nothing to the conversation or thread. . .wonder why?

Are you going to stick up for Coltier? Or try to call Frankin a liar? If so please use facts and sources, it makes it a lot easier to read for us all. Otherwise, go and troll pn the freerepublic, or rush's website, you'll fit right in there. . .

First of all, it's Coulter, not Coltier. They are both lying pieces of scum. Your defense of Stuart Smalley is comical.

Did you see Tim Russert's recent interview with Stuart Smalley? Talk about getting owned on several fronts. Russert bascially tore him a new one. Smalley tried to throw out a lie concerning the timing of the intelligence that Bush provided Congress before the Iraq war. Russert said that not only was he wrong, but he was grossly wrong. Smalley was backed into a corner and he then tried to babble his way out of it. Russert had him squirming the entire interview. It was freaking hilarious.

? but Russert's a member of the liberal media. He works for NBC... A Liberal network... they only criticize Republicans and conservatives and laud Demoncrats and Lieberals. Russert wouldn't objectively criticize Stuart Smalley, he'd spin it so he became a genius and Bush looked bad. It's rule one of the liberal media and that would never be broken by a liberal network stooge!

? but Russert's a member of the liberal media. He works for NBC... A Liberal network... they only criticize Republicans and conservatives and laud Demoncrats and Lieberals. Russert wouldn't objectively criticize Stuart Smalley, he'd spin it so he became a genius and Bush looked bad. It's rule one of the liberal media and that would never be broken by a liberal network stooge!

Russert is an equal opportunity ass kicker. One of the very, very few journalists in the "mainstream" media that I respect.

I agree. Russert is fair. I do get tired of the many on here who act like the media is a monolithic horde driven by a single agenda. I just bring it up because the "myth" of the liberal media is greater than the truth. Kill the messenger is to popular a philosophy these days by those in power.

Once upon a time, we would have even said the media in Iraq was heroic. Risking their lives going out there with limited protection and no guns to try to report the news and let us know how things stand. They risk death, kidnapping, torture, rape, and injury daily to try to cover the events and they are roundly chastised for it by people safely behind a podium or on a couch. The common way to depict the media today is as villians and manipulators.

People this thread was intended to motivate you into finding the debate transcript!! Go do that because damnit I'm curious! :)

Why am I curious?

Franken tends to do well with prepared speeches but is weak on the unscripted portions of debate. He tends to get nervous and starts to mumble - so I was curious how he up against a strong partisan fire breather like Coulter.

BTW - did anyone read the link I posted?

In her book Slander, Ann referred to Democrats and our “Marquis de Sade lifestyle.” I’ve been married for thirty years. Ann, you’re an attractive woman. And I know you support the president’s abstinence-only sex education. I want to congratulate you for saving yourself for your one true love.
hehe

I ripped apart the first "lie" I grabbed off the website and tore it apart above, do you want me to go through them one by one and singlehandedly rip EACH and EVERY one apart for you? That website is made by the RNC to counter the truth, and it is full of BS, if you really are serious about believing this crap and shoddy journalism, I will go through it and show you where they lie and obfuscate to muddy the waters, but you will not be happy you brought it up I can tell you that much.

To claim he is an "idiot political hack" and refering to a website full of holes to back you kind of turns that quote of yours right around and back onto yourself don't ya think?

Accoring to you.. and thats about it

Archived